The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Zac is funny......There is no Good Guys and Bad Guys in History, for Brittanics maybe Napoleon look like a Tyran but for french People he was a great commander who wrote the Civilian Code ( french laws who still exist today ) and things like that. There is no bad guys and good guys in history, just different point of views

I have noticed a minor mistake in the factions. You are going to include the Spanish rebels as "Suprema Junta", and that's not correct. I suppose that you are talking about the "Junta Suprema Central", that acted as the government when the king Fernando VII was absent. However, if you don't want to make a mistake, you should change it to "Junta Suprema" because in Spanish the adjective goes after the noun. Saying Suprema Junta in Spanish is like saying"a t-shirt red" in English. I suppose the mistake comes from the english wikipedia page that talks about "Supreme Juntas"?
I'm Spanish so when I read it I tought I should let you guys know.

I'm also spanish and I completely agree with legion.

About the mod, could you tell us Docm30 what unit/weapon/thing are you working now at?

I actually explained this earlier.

I just used Suprema Junta in this thread because it's the more usually form in English (I got it from books on the era, not from wikipedia). In game all factions are named in their correct language, as in Junta Suprema, Reino de Espana (bearing in mind non English characters aren't supported), Koninkrijk Holland ect ect.

SirAlbert, I'm always working on about a million things at once.

Thanks.

Erhm in that tiem you couldnt say whos good or evil ex.
The French thought Napoleon was the Good Guy
but the british thought of him as a bad guy...
Now british looked at the king as a good guy
but the colonies looked at him as a bad guy.... remember 1812 of America?
So i really did just confuse myself here

All this silly good guy/bad guy nonsense... bah!

Anyway, will troops also be in their native language?

Gunny said:
All this silly good guy/bad guy nonsense... bah!

Anyway, will troops also be in their native language?

Docm30 said:

I just used Suprema Junta in this thread because it's the more usually form in English (I got it from books on the era, not from wikipedia). In game all factions are named in their correct language, as in Junta Suprema, Reino de Espana (bearing in mind non English characters aren't supported), Koninkrijk Holland ect ect.

Thanks.

Looks like.

tartiff said:
lol Zac is funny......There is no Good Guys and Bad Guys in History, for Brittanics maybe Napoleon look like a Tyran but for french People he was a great commander who wrote the Civilian Code ( french laws who still exist today ) and things like that. There is no bad guys and good guys in history, just different point of views

Really? so Hitler was right to kill all them Jews? Oh and Bin Ladens hatred against The west.They were good guys apparently? lol  anyways is there any news regarding Naval battles?

Archi the great said:
tartiff said:

Really? so Hitler was right to kill all them Jews? Oh and Bin Ladens hatred against The west.They were good guys apparently? lol  anyways is there any news regarding Naval battles?
I'm sure the Germans living on the Rhine when the French were robbing coal and everything they needed to survive, while at the same time suffering huge inflation rates, gun fights between the political parties daily, and under incompetent rule found Hitler to be a great leader. After all, Hitler in several months did manage to bring Germany out of depression. As for killing the Jews, Hitler wasn't exactingly sain...
Another example it Mao Zi Dong. Many Americans feel Mao was an evil oppressive ruler ruling with an evil and oppressive system, but what they forget is that before all of this, the Chinese were under an even more oppressive rule from the Qing Dynasty, were fighting the Japanese, and were being murdered by warlords, who were backed by different western nations. When Mao came along, the Chinese had the option to live under Japanese oppression, live under the Nationalists, who were essentially a western vassel (American vessel to be exact) , or to live under a, by Chinese standard them fairly benevolent and charismatic Chinese man bent on making China great. Obviously, they chose Mao.
There are no good guys and bad guys in history, just different points of view.

The bin laden example was lousy... like nothing similar ever happened from west to east? (crusades and similar) His methods are a bit cowardly, killing civilians but he has as much reason to dislike the muricans as the muricans has for disliking him

Bin Laden's primary declared goal, believe it or not, was the remove US bases in Saudi Arabia. He justified killing civilians because of collateral damage suffered in various American operations, and that jihad would allow innocent blood for blood... but I think most Islamic scholars would agree that repaying accidental deaths with deliberate ones would be haram. In any event, there are now more US bases in the Islamic world than before 9/11, and he's dead... so his strategic goals were not met. He failed.

So... how about them Warband mods, huh? Can't wait to play some of 'em.

Docm30 said:

Thanks.

They are, set the encoding of the language files to UTF-8. Same thing happened to me with NW, turns out you can just change the encoding and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom