The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agovic said:
Docm30, update the factions list ( with Serbia and(?) Montenegro )
I'm sorry but this is going to be a **** move but you seriously to stop asking about those places. You have posted countless times about Montenegro and Serbia. If hes going to add them then he adds them don't nag about it.

Agovic said:
@ Viccard

Docm30 said:
Had you searched the thread, you'd see that I've already said Serbia will be added when I start on the Ottoman areas.

I think he means Serbia will be part of Ottomans, but I have indeed not seen this post.

RIFLES! TO ME!  :mrgreen:

Epic, I can't say differently.

Ill most proboably start the mod, by cheating and looking at then units of the game, and then ofc play properly!

Wow, it's truly amazing!

Docm, the mod may have a different font, a Corsiva thought, would give a nice touch!

I know it is very simple, I can go whenever you want!

a greeting

oShovah Farsight said:
Epicrules said:
When this mod comes out, I shall start my career by buying a baker rifle and soloing a french cavalry patrol.

I think lord Wellington will be very pleased if you do that.
Or Arthur Wellesley, at the very least.

Jaume, changing the font was one of the first things I did.

Antifiriz, I'll probably make the battlefields bigger when I make the new scenes.

Tareth said:
Could one have the percentage of work done? It is 2012, after all.

Patience, padawan.

On a slightly more related note: Is the use of the different font going to be optional? [I.E. if it's in installer form rather than just drag-and-drop a .rar form] Some of the mods I've played have incredibly annoying font that's hard to read and you can't opt out of them.

Epicrules said:
On a slightly more related note: Is the use of the different font going to be optional? [I.E. if it's in installer form rather than just drag-and-drop a .rar form] Some of the mods I've played have incredibly annoying font that's hard to read and you can't opt out of them.

If you look at "Carabiniers and Voltigeurs in Skirmishing Order", you can see the font used. I do not know if they'll keep that one.

Docm30 said:
Here's an update on the 95th Rifles. I've just about finished the Officer and Other Ranks uniforms.

The officer's jacket is closely based on the jacket of Capt Walter Clarke (but not the terrible Osprey drawing of it), currently held at the Royal Greenjacket museum. The overalls are from a contemporary painting of Capt John Kent of the 95th. I'll also make the regulation green breeches. The shakoes are from period illustrations.

95th Rifles Officer and Private
britishrifleofficer.jpg
britishrifleman.jpg
Ingame
95rifleman4.jpg

95rifleman1.jpg

95rifleman2.jpg

95rifleman3.jpg

95rifleman5.jpg

95rifleman6.jpg

95rifleman7.jpg

(Ignore the french sabre)

oShovah Farsight, I can't possibly think of a reason to include a mode where the player's option are restricted. If you want to follow history and not start your own kingdom, just don't do it.

Nicely done, while looking around the internets I found someone made a officers uniform from scratch:

pose_2.jpg

Also would like to know if possible to add crouching?

Tareth said:
Epicrules said:

If you look at "Carabiniers and Voltigeurs in Skirmishing Order", you can see the font used. I do not know if they'll keep that one.
This is correct, and I probably will keep it. I don't think making it optional will be necessary, as I chose it based on readability. One can always just delete the font.dds from the mod, though.

As for a percentage, I honestly have no idea. Disorganised as I am, I don't have a list of everything that needs to be done, and as such I can't say what percentage I've done.

I'll look into crouching. Should be easy for the player, but making the AI crouch will be a bit more of a challenge.

Docm30 said:
Tareth said:
Epicrules said:

This is correct, and I probably will keep it. I don't think making it optional will be necessary, as I chose it based on readability. One can always just delete the font.dds from the mod, though.

As for a percentage, I honestly have no idea. Disorganised as I am, I don't have a list of everything that needs to be done, and as such I can't say what percentage I've done.

I'll look into crouching. Should be easy for the player, but making the AI crouch will be a bit more of a challenge.

I am not a modder, but is there something from WFaS that you could use? In WFaS, if you rank the troops together, the front row will crouch.

Docm30 said:
Tareth said:
Epicrules said:

If a player/NPC is crouched, then AI will aim above you. It's probably best to keep crouching out of singleplayer mods unless your firearms are ridiculously inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom