The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicccard said:
your mod got a couple of re-enactors to think about buying the game.

I think there isn't a better compliment :wink:

im a reenactor too...i only bought MBW because i heard about great mods such as this!!! good luck..
and if ships are in, i have read othr posts, will they be able to move??

Docm30 said:
zac said:
Probably not. Something like that requires a vast amount of complex coding, all for a feature that I don't think would add a whole lot.
PW has moving boats.
You should ask them for code.

Der Einzige said:
Docm30 said:
zac said:
Probably not. Something like that requires a vast amount of complex coding, all for a feature that I don't think would add a whole lot.
PW has moving boats.
You should ask them for code.
Right, I could add that. What I was talking about is steerable ships, which is what I assumed "able to move" meant.

I wouldn't recommend adding sea vessels unless the code is mastered (including shifting from side-to-side, waves, etc.). The PW code is... simple. Don't think it would work well with a Napoleonic Era mod.

Kawmix of Pee-Dubyoo said:
I wouldn't recommend adding sea vessels unless the code is mastered (including shifting from side-to-side, waves, etc.). The PW code is... simple. Don't think it would work well with a Napoleonic Era mod.
so what your saying is forget the sea battles like trafalgar untill the code is done why not do what they did in 1775 mod use that code and just have the boarding fight its simpler and easyier to do

stiggy said:
so what your saying is forget the sea battles like trafalgar untill the code is done why not do what they did in 1775 mod use that code and just have the boarding fight its simpler and easyier to do
I sort of agree with the Kawmix guy. Boarding fights would simply be oversea land fights. It's really pointless, and would only require extra work in modelling 74-gun frigates. If there aren't cannons blowing and ships swaying, anything regarding naval battles is dull and uninteresting - especially if we're talking about the Napoleonic Era. Besides, the current progress is sexy enough as it is.

TrinityArse said:
stiggy said:
I sort of agree with the Kawmix guy. Boarding fights would simply be oversea land fights. It's really pointless, and would only require extra work in modelling 74-gun frigates. If there aren't cannons blowing and ships swaying, anything regarding naval battles is dull and uninteresting - especially if we're talking about the Napoleonic Era. Besides, the current progress is sexy enough as it is.
Agree, BUT  you guys have any idea, how hard it'l be to code somethin like that..

1800's ? With Duchy of Warsaw and lots of other factions ? Single Player ? YOU SIR, ARE A WINNER!! It's the mod I was searching for, just perfect! Hope it will be released soon, can't wait !!  :mrgreen:

wfresh said:
is there anyway you could add the coldstream guards?

Of course he could.

But according to E:TW and N:TW the british foot guards are the best.

Edit.
This is embarrassing,I didnt realise they were part of the foot guards....

jezza93 said:
wfresh said:
is there anyway you could add the coldstream guards?

Of course he could.

But according to E:TW and N:TW the british foot guards are the best.

Edit.
This is embarrassing,I didnt realise they were part of the foot guards....

Oh, I wouldn't take stuff from a game and think that it's rock solid, don't get me wrong, they are both amazing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom