The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wfresh said:
i know everone hates this question but when should it be out? and the coldstream guards were the best
Norwin said:
looks better then mm russia :smile:

not these two again, please chaps refrain this lovely thread from those..

Gentil said:
Shall there be any Prussian Grenadiers? :grin: on the subject of grenadiers, will there grenades?

Weren't grenades obsolete at this time? Basically Grenadiers were just an elite troop? 

11sparky11 said:
Gentil said:
Shall there be any Prussian Grenadiers? :grin: on the subject of grenadiers, will there grenades?

Weren't grenades obsolete at this time? Basically Grenadiers were just an elite troop?
They were rare but I was just wondering if you adding in grenadier classes if there was grenades for them to use ^^

Docm30 said:
Der Einzige said:
Docm30 said:
zac said:
and if ships are in, i have read othr posts, will they be able to move??
Probably not. Something like that requires a vast amount of complex coding, all for a feature that I don't think would add a whole lot.
PW has moving boats.
You should ask them for code.
Right, I could add that. What I was talking about is steerable ships, which is what I assumed "able to move" meant.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
They're free to move, etc.

Gentil said:
11sparky11 said:
Gentil said:

They were rare but I was just wondering if you adding in grenadier classes if there was grenades for them to use ^^
They were not entirely obsolete! Some of the Hungarians were carrying grenades! Along with many Russian grenadiers. They knew that they might be dangerous as hell, but used properly....

Boarding actions and sieges is where I'd expect grenades to make an (occasional) appearance, engagements in the open field, not so much.

Unless the AI can somehow be made to use them judiciously, I'd however prefer it if they didn't make an apperance at all... or if they are included for player-only use, balance the game to where they are a novelty item, not a necessity.

jackx said:
Boarding actions and sieges is where I'd expect grenades to make an (occasional) appearance, engagements in the open field, not so much.

Unless the AI can somehow be made to use them judiciously, I'd however prefer it if they didn't make an apperance at all... or if they are included for player-only use, balance the game to where they are a novelty item, not a necessity.
I guess you could make grenade throwing soldiers.. Like, only marines and certain troops spawning in castles and so...

In my opinion there should be no grenades. They were not used mainly throughout Europe during the Napoleonic Era. The term grenadier evolved from them yes but they were now classed as Large Tall Strong men who were very good in combat, melee etc because of their shear size and ability.

But as this is a mod i say its up to the developer to choose, after all it is "His" mod therefore he should decide what aspects are in it. :smile:

Good job so far by the way. Excellent work and i am sure this mod will earn the title "Best Napoelonic Single Player Modification", for warband at least :grin: Keep it up

I think I want to see some sort of campaign map since there is only one screen we have, we need moar thou. GIMME SOM FANCY SCREENIES 'BOUT CAMPAIGN MAP :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom