The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be scripted peace treaties and such, like Schönnbrunn or Fredrikshamn, or just procedural ones for any war that the AI happen to get themselves into. Wouldn't be much to look at though.

Captured Joe said:
Back on the topic of militia: Argentinian militias pretty much destroyed two British army expeditions in Buenos Aires in 1806 and 07.

Where were they during the Falkland Islands?

Inzunza said:
Captured Joe said:
Back on the topic of militia: Argentinian militias pretty much destroyed two British army expeditions in Buenos Aires in 1806 and 07.

Did you look at the quote? It said, "in Buenos Aires in 1806 and 1807." So no

D-Lop said:
Inzunza said:
Captured Joe said:

Did you look at the quote? It said, "in Buenos Aires in 1806 and 1807." So no

No offence to anyone but I don't think it's a good idea to talk about "Buenos Aires" when that will not appear in the mod and it is somewhat off topic.

When this mod comes out, it will definitely be even better then the official Napoleonic Wars DLC.

TheOrest007 said:
No offence to anyone but I don't think it's a good idea to talk about "Buenos Aires" when that will not appear in the mod and it is somewhat off topic.
We were talking about Napoleonic (urban) militias, and Buenos Aires was very relevant to the British war effort agains the Spanish and French back then.

dinnerblaster said:
Heroes_Witch_King said:
When this mod comes out, it will definitely be even better then the official Napoleonic Wars DLC.

If I'd get a penny every time I hear that.
+1

While I will say I am looking forward to L'Aigle and my time spent on NW will most likely drop but there's no why you can compare them fairly. They are based around the Napoleonic wars and both have MP(NW being purely MP) but L'Aigle's is strongly leaning towards SP(Correct me if I am wrong) since only WolfStar is working on MP, and Docm is working on SP......I think  :???:.  Anyway, seems pointless talking about NW here when we have all the glory of L'Aigle coming, even if it is in the year 2017 and Russia owns 2/3 or Europe.  :lol:

should go in an "other games" thread really. but i suppose there isn't a thread for it.

It's probably the best total war game in terms of the AI on the campaign map and the battlefield. you won't feel cheated when you lose and you won't facepalm when you win. it's basically empire total war mk II.

Could you imagine if it covered more than just Europe?  Like, if it was COMPLETELY global and covered all the nations at the time?  This mod wouldn't be finished for DECADES.

Zirkhovsky said:
Sadly it only has the European theatre for the Grand Campaign.

If it had included Theaters for India and America, (Maybe Scenarios for the War of 1812), I'd put money on people still playing it to this day, as they do with Empire.

I don't play Napoleon with mods because they are just horrible for example Napoleonic III mod The AI you command gets very retarded by turning around for completly no reason and enemy ai always flanks and is way to good even on normal difficulty, and Darth mod would of been good without the Stars Wars stuff in it.

I know its off-Topic but the Great War mod is one of the best mods (if not the best) of the whole Total War series.

EDIT: And im still playing NTW as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom