The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we're rearing up on the end of 2013. Only a couple more months. I hope that vague 'release date' we saw in the first gameplay trailer of "2013" comes to fruition... Hopefully, this won't turn into an Iron Europe release fails. (Was supposed to be released last summer of 2012, according to the developer team, and it's over a year later...)

Well Mount and Blade Caribbean is getting postponed every time they reach the approximate release date. It was first scheduled to be released in spring (of last year) but it's still not out.
Oh, and I bet L'aigle will be released on the last day of December :lol:.

Hello! Your mod is awesome! I like it!! But you make a mistake. I want to help you in fixing it by my words. my forefathers were the Don Cossacks, so I will say that the Cossacks never worn musket \ rifle over his left shoulder. According to our ancient traditions we wear the musket \ rifle over the right shoulder ,because at the combat in saber attacks and pike attacks by his right hand, the gun barrel protects the head and neck of a Cossack saber attack of the enemy on the right.  :smile:

Vicccard said:
Everybody wore their muskets slung over the right shoulder, it's just game mechanics that don't allow it.

No, not all! Dragoons wore over his left shoulder, and it was the most widespread in European armies wearing

I think we've only seen one unit so far with the carbine sling and hook, the Russian Hussar of the Guard, though he didn't show it with the firearm attached. Since it's a part of the armor and not weapon-specific, it's probably a better idea to have everyone use the musket's own sling so that it's on your back instead of at your side. Rotating the musket on the back isn't difficult though.

Helfy said:
He meant in the game.  It's simply a part of the game mechanics.

No, he didn't mean in game. He said everybody wore their muskets/rifles over their right shoulder. Wore is past tense. Hes talking about soldiers back then, not in the mod.

ClearlyInvisible said:
masterborn12 said:
Ithilien5 said:
masterborn12 said:
I know that europe is christianity.

I lol'd

Sorry i was ment to say mostly christianity at this timeline

Not all Christianities are the same.

Heck Protestantism and Catholicism can be so different it's like they didn't branch off the same religion.

In the end of the day, however, there are more similarities than differences. To be honest, I don't think religs would add that much to the game. After all people from different churches can cross-marry, and that's the only aspect of religion that would play any part in the game anyway(I think).

By the way, I took the task of reading EVERY page of this thread from the very beginning and now I'm done. Yay.

So a question happened to slip to my mind that I'm pretty sure hasn't been asked. Besides just "normal" taverns for ordinary people, could there be more sophisticated cafes for those who are rich or upper class. I know that there will be some sort of gentlemen's clubs, so will they be somewhat similar or something completely differend?

ClearlyInvisible said:
masterborn12 said:
Ithilien5 said:
masterborn12 said:
I know that europe is christianity.

I lol'd

Sorry i was ment to say mostly christianity at this timeline

Not all Christianities are the same.

Heck Protestantism and Catholicism can be so different it's like they didn't branch off the same religion.

But they all believe in the same god, but that's a good majority of Religions people in the Western world. The majority of Europe was Protestant or Catholic in Europe though, but they were hardly getting on.

Mmhm. It not often a mainly Protestant nation kept on good terms with a Catholic one unless it was in dire circumstances.

Only thing I can think of is Britain and Portugal. The Spaniards only allied with Britain because of the Peninsular Campaign, and the Prussians and Austrians weren't usually on the best of terms.

And no one liked the Ottomans (Except the Brits because of the Egyptian Campaign)

Of course, I may be overlooking an alliance by two smaller nations. I know the smaller Germanic states kept in decent relation, Catholic or Protestant.

I doubt the British were on good terms with the Ottomans, having lost a war to them only months before the mod starts.

I don't plan plan to include some kind of religious feature, for now at least. It seems fairly pointless at it didn't tend to factor in too much at the time. While the French Republic's banning of religion probably angered a lot of people, it wasn't likely the driving factor in the revolutionary wars.

dinnerblaster said:
So a question happened to slip to my mind that I'm pretty sure hasn't been asked. Besides just "normal" taverns for ordinary people, could there be more sophisticated cafes for those who are rich or upper class. I know that there will be some sort of gentlemen's clubs, so will they be somewhat similar or something completely differend?

Similar or different to what?

Bluehawk said:
...Rotating the musket on the back isn't difficult though.

It was impossible last time I checked. It may have changed with the NW update, but at least when I made the muskets you couldn't have custom carry models for crossbows.

Chuwin said:
I guess people keep missing the post or there isn't an answer yet

I've answered that question at least three times and I don't feel particularly inclined to answer it a fourth.

nilloc93 said:
question, how will cavalry be balanced in the SP experience?
I know that in Age of Blackpowder for MM and in TOSK for WB cav armies controlled by the AI always stomped down infantry groups. So will there be full cav AI armies running around and will that in turn force me to go full cav or suffer the consequences of having the audacity to bring a infantry dominant force?

In an even fight cavalry always wins, which is how it should be. Obviously I'll work to make sure cavalry aren't overpowered or anything, but I don't know what more I can say about balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom