The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
question, how will cavalry be balanced in the SP experience?
I know that in Age of Blackpowder for MM and in TOSK for WB cav armies controlled by the AI always stomped down infantry groups. So will there be full cav AI armies running around and will that in turn force me to go full cav or suffer the consequences of having the audacity to bring a infantry dominant force?

nilloc93 said:
question, how will cavalry be balanced in the SP experience?
I know that in Age of Blackpowder for MM and in TOSK for WB cav armies controlled by the AI always stomped down infantry groups. So will there be full cav AI armies running around and will that in turn force me to go full cav or suffer the consequences of having the audacity to bring a infantry dominant force?
It's as simple as: Line infantry beat cavalry of equal level. Grenadiers should be especially resistant to cavalry attacks.
Cavalry beat light infantry and lower level line infantry.
Light infantry are faster and more accurate than line infantry, and so can destroy lines by kiting them.
Cavalry dominate light infantry by overpowering their weak melee ability.

This promotes combined arms, rather than spamming of one unit type. All Docm needs is to make the stats work out right to achieve that outcome.

I plan to lead a party of one unit type, at least at first. No combined arms for this guy! Maybe once I get promoted to Colonel or General I will think about it.

You could probably get away with it if you were trying to "play historically" as a Prussian infantry commander. Prussian infantry regiments, at least in 1806, had actual cannons and gunners as part of the regiment.

Rallix said:
It's as simple as: Line infantry beat cavalry of equal level. Grenadiers should be especially resistant to cavalry attacks.
Cavalry beat light infantry and lower level line infantry.
Light infantry are faster and more accurate than line infantry, and so can destroy lines by kiting them.
Cavalry dominate light infantry by overpowering their weak melee ability.

This promotes combined arms, rather than spamming of one unit type. All Docm needs is to make the stats work out right to achieve that outcome.

yes that is how it should work, but I would like to know how that will work.
Currently there are only 3 mods for warband and 1 for MM (that are worth noting) within the time period, and in all of them you are powerless to stop cavalry without cavalry of your own. This is mostly due to the CAI not swinging weapons soon enough to hit a horse mid charge and even packing infantry as tight together as they will go does not always work because if they don't stop a horse they seem unable to kill it as it turns around and runs at them again.
While i understand that cavalry were dangerous in the time and I am in no way implying that a numerically equal force of infantry should be able to beat a force of cavalry, I'm more concerned with forces of just cavalry steamrolling more realistically composed forces.

Chuwin said:
Galejro said:
I wonder how the naval battles are going to look like (you don't have to show me the screens I already get boners from those XD)? I mean, will they be more elaborate then 1776 American Revolution mod?

I already played that mod and came to a conclusion that it's nice, but VERY quickly gets boring. All you could do is buy A ship for 5000 and the battle was just 3 ships together, the scenery never changes, and you can't do something like walk around the ship if you canp on water.

I wish L'aigle incorporated more elaborate approach. Like incorporating 3 types of ships for different prises. Maps generated on the basis of the ship choices of the sides. Treating ships like horses or guns like regular spoils of war. Only with endurance or (which I think would be more realistic) depending on your engineering skill you can refit the ship and take it as a spoil of war while if you don't it sinks and it's lost. If you camp on water you should be able to visit your ship, not much of a point in that, but makes it up in large immersion into the navy lifestyle.

But these are of course my speculations.

I saw this guys post when looking for information about the ships, Will you have to buy them? or will you just spawn one when going to cross the water?

I guess people keep missing the post or there isn't an answer yet

brata123 said:
I want to play multiplayer :grin: . How long it will take to release this game? is there some release date?
It'd be great if people would read the first post before asking anything. Searching works too.

If you ever feel like ripping on someone to boost your own self esteem, then come the the L'aigle thread, where you can find all the misguided idiots to **** all over!

oh No..... as it seems the recruit infection is passing on to higher levels :razz: i am really amazed that there are still people that roam these forums and dont know about L'aigle. and that it does not have a release date

I can assure you that when L'aigle does get a release date, published on the OP, there will be just as much people asking for the release date. Probably even more.

one question to DOCM
will there be religion included ? I know that europe is christianity. But im talking about the Second release if Ottomans come will there be religions included or will it be from the start ?

And abit off topci DOCM there was a guy who had ur name in the 75th there he was an NCO he quit now though

brata123 said:
I want to play multiplayer :grin: . How long it will take to release this game? is there some release date?
Epicrules said:
kGTd75L.png

VonTawast said:
djogloc02 said:
Yes, but in great numbers, but low quality.

Why low quality? Having conscription doesn't necessarily mean the soldiers will be in low quality, just numerous.

They're usually trained in a rushed fashion, and plus they're goal isn't to complete the mission.

If you were drafted into a war you don't want to be a part of, what would be your main goal? Mine would be survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom