The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, Mozart then? Definitely not Mozart. I don't know. All I know, is that the fellow on the left is Beethoven, because of that angry-looking "I'mma kill you" face.

Wait, is it Schubert?

That scene is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in video gaming, Docm30. Not just because of the unparallelled quality, but because of the subject matter and the devotion to this mod that can clearly be seen. As always, bravo!

kpetschulat said:
Wait, is it Schubert?

Schubert was 12 in 1809 so I don't think either of these gentlemen are him. He also would be horribly incomplete without his eyeglasses.

It is indeed. Salieri was only 58 years old at the time.

The two of them regularly visited Haydn at his home in Vienna (they all lived in Vienna at the time) to entertain him in his dying days. That's where they are in the image.

Beethoven has a quest for you, but I'm not sure if I'll do anything significant with Salieri. I would like to include something that shows him as he really was and not the monster Peter Shaffer decided to depict him as. You've got to respect a man that can go from being a homeless orphan to one of the most respected and influential composers in Europe.

Docm30 said:
It is indeed. Salieri was only 58 years old at the time.

The two of them regularly visited Haydn at his home in Vienna (they all lived in Vienna at the time) to entertain him in his dying days. That's where they are in the image.

Beethoven has a quest for you, but I'm not sure if I'll do anything significant with Salieri. I would like to include something that shows him as he really was and not the monster Peter Shaffer decided to depict him as. You've got to respect a man that can go from being a homeless orphan to one of the most respected and influential composers in Europe.
Meh, two average composers. We need two copies of Bach because he was so good. :smile: On a more serious note, nice job Docm, I think I was able to recognise Beethoven.

Docm30 said:
If you don't like Beethoven or Salieri, you'll really have a problem with the mod's soundtrack.
I don't dislike them, its just that their music cannot quite hit the level that Bach's attained. Thats fine though; I find when I play games with Bach in the background, I listen to that rather than play, so Bach is not good music for computer games. :smile:

Rangerplus10 said:
Docm30 said:
If you don't like Beethoven or Salieri, you'll really have a problem with the mod's soundtrack.
I don't dislike them, its just that their music cannot quite hit the level that Bach's attained. Thats fine though; I find when I play games with Bach in the background, I listen to that rather than play, so Bach is not good music for computer games. :smile:
music is not a competition,its a matter of taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom