The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
djogloc02 said:
Let's not forget the "pretenders", in the mod, can we do civil wars like helping a pretender to take the throne, like fighting for King Louis, and even do a civil war to claim the throne for yourself?

What I'd like to see is that you start off as a claimant. That's never been done before.

ClearlyInvisible said:
djogloc02 said:
Let's not forget the "pretenders", in the mod, can we do civil wars like helping a pretender to take the throne, like fighting for King Louis, and even do a civil war to claim the throne for yourself?

What I'd like to see is that you start off as a claimant. That's never been done before.

whoah... that's a good idea. I also like the idea of being able to start as a noble, with title and lands already as you can in AD 1257. It just doesn't feel right to claw my way up into the Russian Nobility, I should merely assume my rightful title.

TheOrest007 said:
Wait by start of as a "claimant" do you mean claimant to the throne or a noble with titles?

He probably means that either you can start as a pretender or you can start as a noble with titles (without any claims).

Yo Doc, how are you planning on advertising the mod when it comes closer to release? Are you going to keep it strictly to the forums and modding websites, or are you possibly looking at getting it Greenlighted on Steam?

girebi said:
Is this the great day?

If you consider the 201st anniversary of the signing of the Treaties of Orebro a great day, then yes it is!

.:Lestat de Lioncourt:. said:
If you're cool with anachronisms and you want sombre music with a single instrument you can't go wrong with the Marche Funèbre from Chopins piano sonata no. 2

What have I said that could give someone the impression I might be all right with music composed after 1809?

Ivan the Awesome said:
I also like the idea of being able to start as a noble, with title and lands already as you can in AD 1257. It just doesn't feel right to claw my way up into the Russian Nobility, I should merely assume my rightful title.

I'll probably include something like that.

Neuron said:
Yo Doc, how are you planning on advertising the mod when it comes closer to release? Are you going to keep it strictly to the forums and modding websites, or are you possibly looking at getting it Greenlighted on Steam?

I don't believe you can Greenlight M&B mods. Besides, I seem to be doing something right advertisement wise; this mod is the top Google search result for "L'Aigle". Suck it, French village!

Docm30 said:
Neuron said:

I don't believe you can Greenlight M&B mods. Besides, I seem to be doing something right advertisement wise; this mod is the top Google search result for "L'Aigle". Suck it, French village!

Fair play. :razz: Just thought it was worth throwing out there as a possibility, as a few Half-Life mods have wound up on Steam recently (Cry of Fear, etc).

Neuron said:
Fair play. :razz: Just thought it was worth throwing out there as a possibility, as a few Half-Life mods have wound up on Steam recently (Cry of Fear, etc).

I believe that since they are Source based mods they can almost be categorized as F2P games as the Source engine as such has been free to use without purchasing a source based game for some time.

Anyway, that's all I could gauge from it.

Is there a freelancer type deal in this as well? Where one can be a regular soldier in a army? I didn't see it on the features list, the closest thing I saw to that was earning ranks in battle.

bkill91 said:
Is there a freelancer type deal in this as well? Where one can be a regular soldier in a army? I didn't see it on the features list, the closest thing I saw to that was earning ranks in battle.

There isn't. Seems like I've dug up this quote a lot, but here you go.

Docm30 said:
pod455 said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there going to be something like freelancer? Were the player can join a army and a regular soldier?
I don't plan on it. I don't know if you've noticed, but even in the best mods the lords are idiots that run around and do nothing most of the time. I wouldn't want to be part of that army.

Ililsa said:
bkill91 said:

There isn't. Seems like I've dug up this quote a lot, but here you go.

Docm30 said:
pod455 said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there going to be something like freelancer? Were the player can join a army and a regular soldier?
I don't plan on it. I don't know if you've noticed, but even in the best mods the lords are idiots that run around and do nothing most of the time. I wouldn't want to be part of that army.

Fair enough.

Docm30 said:
I haven't actually played Freelancers yet, so I'm not sure about exactly what it does (I understand the general idea, though). I do, however, know that it does some of the same things I've already added, and would require me to either delete large amounts of my code or rewrite large parts of the Freelancer code, neither of which I'm that keen on doing.

That in mind, I may or may not add it in (possibly as a separate version). I would like to wait until they release a more stable/complete version.

So a maybe.

Clonealex said:
Docm30 said:
I haven't actually played Freelancers yet, so I'm not sure about exactly what it does (I understand the general idea, though). I do, however, know that it does some of the same things I've already added, and would require me to either delete large amounts of my code or rewrite large parts of the Freelancer code, neither of which I'm that keen on doing.

That in mind, I may or may not add it in (possibly as a separate version). I would like to wait until they release a more stable/complete version.

So a maybe.
Well, you have to consider that (to my knowledge) Freelancer has been cancelled.

Really? I have played freelancer itself, and it seemed fine, I have also played 2 seperate mods which implement freelancer, and it seemed good there too. But I think this topic has been talked about altogether too many times.

Also, Docm responded favourably to something I said/suggested! My day has been brightened by the approval of my overlord.

Speaking of freelancing, is it possible to make it so that you could command a group within an army? For instance if you are of a low officer rank, you could join a lord's army and command a squadron of troops within his army and the size of your party depends on rank? So in battle the lord does whatever he wants and you move your squad around however you want?

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense that an entire army is run by an Lt or a Sgt. I'm referencing the 1809 mod for the original Mount and Blade.

If anything I'd add in freelancer and make that the way your earn ranks. Moving up from Private to Sergeant Major. Once you get there you can become a commissioned officer and become an Ensign or 2nd Lieutenant. Then you continue to go up in rank.

Or you could pay a sum of cash and start at Lt but still need to be in an army to gain rank.

Once you get to Captain, you can run a company of people (Say, 50 guys) and you start gaining rank via your accomplishments with your men. At Major it's 100, Lt.Colonel 150, Colonel 200 (A full regiment). Then you get into the General ranks, in which you can get from 250-500 people in your army. Then, once you get to the highest rank possible, you can become Marshal of a nation.

That's my two sense on the subject.

Yeah, I think that before you get to a high rank, your party should stay within a lord's party. In warband or WFAS when you fight with an ally against an enemy, you command your men but not your ally's, so if your party would be within a lord's party, the lord commands his own, you command your own on the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom