The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the battle of Leipzig were 1500 cannons and 380.000 men on one side, thats ~250 men per gun.
Also you must think about Warband Party Sizes, I don't know what the maximum of men per party will be in L'aigle, but if only 200 men instead of 2000 mean fighting, there should be 3 cannons instead of 30.

Docm30 said:
In most battles there were between 300-1000 men per gun. Realistically you shouldn't be allowed any with the parties being the size they are.

And judging by the power of the cannons in Totsk 3 would be a little op. If they are the same that is.

Docm30 said:

tumblrlozlh0af751qbzb5q.gif

That's all, folks.

yokinwow said:
Any idea about when will it be released?

No.

Next!

Docm30 said:
Besides, the mod will feature the finest selections of roughly Napoleonic era music, plus a few classics. Unfortunately, Napoleonic era music is absolute garbage. Beethoven was the only real master of the era, not counting Schubert, who was a little later.
WHY

WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION JOSEPH HAYDN?!?

WHY

:cry:

Docm30 said:
Besides it being from the wrong time period, it's the wrong type of music---I've been going for music of a small, more subtle and sombre style. Usually with only a single instrument.

Arghh, Anastasia Khitruk's performances of Khandoshkin's violin sonatas and folk song arrangements would be perfect; damn you Naxos Group and your perfectly sensible profit motive.

And I suppose purchasing said pieces for download then distributing them through the mod would be illegal still as well... oh well.

*EDIT*

...Wait on second thought, would it?

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
And I suppose purchasing said pieces for download then distributing them through the mod would be illegal still as well... oh well.

*EDIT*

...Wait on second thought, would it?

Well according to US Copyright law it isn't you're using the piece in our own creative work. I mean if the copyright on the song allows that then he'll be fine.

Of course Docm's Canadian so...

I might be wrong here but doesnt copyright expires 70 years after the creators death... so anything produced during the napoleonic era would surely be fine to use? Or am I understanding this wrong?

ClearlyInvisible said:
Well according to US Copyright law it isn't you're using the piece in our own creative work. I mean if the copyright on the song allows that then he'll be fine.

Of course Docm's Canadian so...

Would copyright even apply considering the creators of the music are, you know, dead? And have been for centuries?

Inquiring minds wish to know!

The music itself, no.

A specific recording of people playing it, yes, of course. How else would you make any money playing classical music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom