The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
roboWarrior001 said:
ClearlyInvisible said:
Probably go to France, make the Second French Republic. I'll also annex Italia and Belgium, maybe Catalonia while I'm at it.

Probably going to need a ton of Marines.
So you plan on over throwing Napoleon?

I'll be playing as the British obviously. Leading an army of line Infantry, skirmishers and Dragoons. My initial goal is to expel the french from Spain. I'll grow my renown, rank and money fighting in the peninsular. Once I've achieved Marshall status, I'll lead the Army in a glorious invasion of southern France. That should keep me busy for a while.

Also i'm gonna be playing 1000 man battles so when i'm called to join the Marshall i'll make up my party entirely of dragoons. So when a large battle happens I can lead my cavalry to the enemy flanks or just ride down fleeing men. If i ever take napoleon prisoner I'm never going to ransom him, honor be damned!

Yes, yes I do. Let's face it, who likes Napoleon??

Besides, if I can get Ney and Davout on my side I'll be set.

Also Docm, I mean all of Italy including Austrian Italy. And, saying you're right about Belgium, let's amp it up to the Netherlands and the Confederation while I'm at it  :grin:

And the Swiss Confederation, also. Basically all of continental west Europe will be mine, subtracting the Iberian Peninsula.

My other option is to lead the 60th Rifles through Spain. I like it :grin:

Actually I found a decent map for reference of my glorious conquest

map_of_europe_1809.gif

roboWarrior001 said:
Now here's something fun to discuss and is on topic. When the mod is released, What faction will you fight for and what will be your main goals? also how do you plan to fight? (i.e what units you will use and any tactics that you'll employ).

First character will obviously be a British Hussar officer, with, well, a Troop of the 7th and a couple of small cannons for support. I'll either be sticking close to larger infantry forces or running out on my own to loot and pillage or annihilate some weaker enemy forces for my personal glory.

I keep thinking I want another character who'll be an infantry officer, I've gone from thinking of being an Austrian Grenadier to a Russian Foot Guard and at the moment I'm thinking the same as James and considering going for French Chasseurs.

Docm30 said:
frenchlightofficers.jpg

The left is either a chasseur or carabinier officer and the right a voltigeur.

That blue waistcoat.

I will fight in the Infantry of the glorious French Empire, rise through the ranks, perhaps after good service I will be awarded with the Legion d'Honneur!

Vive L'Emperuer! Vive l'Empereur!

First character will be a cossack officer, maybe Hussars once my comrades all die. Then I will make an officer of the Pavlov Grenadiers, and eventually a non-military Edmond Dantes-esque character.

Hello. I am new to this mod, and it looks AMAZING! I was just wondering how progress if going...it looks like things are moving along well...i had just noticed that the 1st post was from back in 2011 so im curious as to what is left before it is release. I AM SO SORRY if this is something that has been asked, but 700 pages is A LOT to read through. Either way, it looks incredible and I am very excited and anxious to play :smile:  GREAT WORK!

JoeyMangz said:
Hello. I am new to this mod, and it looks AMAZING! I was just wondering how progress if going...it looks like things are moving along well...i had just noticed that the 1st post was from back in 2011 so im curious as to what is left before it is release. I AM SO SORRY if this is something that has been asked, but 700 pages is A LOT to read through. Either way, it looks incredible and I am very excited and anxious to play :smile:  GREAT WORK!
Wow... he... he actually didn't ask for the release date.  :shock:

König said:
JoeyMangz said:
Wow... he... he actually didn't ask for the release date.  :shock:

Well, I am curious about that. But I wouldn't ask that  :mrgreen:

Docm30 said:
Anyway, here's something pretty cool.

frenchartillery1.jpg

frenchartillery2.jpg

frenchartillery3.jpg

Yes, that is functioning, bot-controlled artillery in singleplayer. This was, of course, coded by the extremely talented DrTomas, with the graphics and some tweaks to the code by myself. You can officially stop asking me about this now.

These are pretty damn fun to play with and add a whole lot more depth to the battles. The effects and things are a work in progress, but I have to say it's fairly impressive. Maybe I'll record a video to show the feature off in all it's glory.

Just don't ask about artillery in multiplayer. That's still undecided.

I wonder, how is the progress of the video??

Look good, I'm picking up a liking for these coats.

Where do these guys fit into the troop tree? Are they a sort militia class skirmisher or a lower level Jäger unit?

Can we expect any British naval uniforms? I know you said that you have no plans for adding to the naval aspect of the mod, but the British navy has such spiffy uniforms that I'd love to see one or two in-game. 

Well, I remember Doc saying something about naval battles not featuring in THIS release. Ergo I will assume it will be implemented at some point.

Besides, he already worked on marines and ships....

And now for my own question, how's the campaign map coming along?

Helfy said:
Can we expect any British naval uniforms? I know you said that you have no plans for adding to the naval aspect of the mod, but the British navy has such spiffy uniforms that I'd love to see one or two in-game.

I asked that about a week ago and he said that it would be nice but is by no means a priority or likely to be in the 1st release. E.g. something which might or might not eventually get into the mod.

Lovely Jaegers and congratulations on the 700th page. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom