The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citizenship doesn't change ethnicity.

Roman citizenship may change your tolerance of vulgar profane persons though.

In the era of the republic, culture was more important than blood. Being of barbarian stock but behaving like a Roman was good enough. One could have citizenship without being assimilated, or one could be assimilated without holding citizenship.

Bluehawk said:
In the era of the republic, culture was more important than blood. Being of barbarian stock but behaving like a Roman was good enough. One could have citizenship without being assimilated, or one could be assimilated without holding citizenship.

"Civis romanus sum; odi profanum vulgus" indeed then.

spyczech said:
Oh, and do you think you're going to allow sub-mods, like Brytenwalda?

I don't know.

Furok said:
Docm30
Impressive job! I'm really inspired.

Thanks, Furok. As you know, I'm a big fan of your work, too.

Anyway, it's been a bit quiet around here as I haven't had much free time, but here are some Bavarian Dragoons I had time to knock out.

bavariandragoons.jpg

Thanks.

Docm30 said:
bavariandragoons.jpg

Excellent work, Docm30. For just banging those out, they're incredible. But, of course, everything you have been making has been incredible. Have you given any thought to the "wagon fort" idea I had?

I need this now. Lol, I have no patience. Ugh, but quality over speed I guess. Make this mod 10x than it looks, (and it looks amazing)!!!!!!!!!!!

One question I do have however, is the reloading animation locked into MnB WB and unchangeable, or could it be changed to actually look like your hands MIGHT be actually doing something. I would love to see a brand new reloading animation. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

GL in getting this mod finished. I can't wait to play it!

Watch the trailer and you'll see Ranger-SLO's new reloading animations.

Bluehawk said:
Was the only distinction between the 1st and 2nd Dragoons their button metal? That's the impression Lienhart and Humbert give me.

That's right. White for the 1st and yellow for the 2nd.

kpetschulat said:
Excellent work, Docm30. For just banging those out, they're incredible. But, of course, everything you have been making has been incredible. Have you given any thought to the "wagon fort" idea I had?

I have indeed given it some thought.

I don't think the idea of a wagon fort could work for big armies. I mean, I doubt your common M&B lord (who has about 200-400 men) could build a defensive position for all his troops just with wagons. It would require a lot of them to be actually useful.

What I would suggest here is the capability to build a redoubt of sorts, an earthwork fortification that could hold all those men, plus a few cannons. You can code it so it takes about a day to be fully built (depending on engineering skill), and allow for enemy cannons to destroy some sections of it's defences.

What I would definitely like in this mod is giving forts and fortified cities a more tactical use, rather than just have them as a place to secure your troops. For instance, what if when your party gets too close to a fort, it's cannons kill a few of your men? It would make invasions more dynamic, as you cant risk walking right next to an enemy fort without your men getting shot.

koach2 said:
I don't think the idea of a wagon fort could work for big armies. I mean, I doubt your common M&B lord (who has about 200-400 men) could build a defensive position for all his troops just with wagons. It would require a lot of them to be actually useful.

What I would suggest here is the capability to build a redoubt of sorts, an earthwork fortification that could hold all those men, plus a few cannons. You can code it so it takes about a day to be fully built (depending on engineering skill), and allow for enemy cannons to destroy some sections of it's defences.

What I would definitely like in this mod is giving forts and fortified cities a more tactical use, rather than just have them as a place to secure your troops. For instance, what if when your party gets too close to a fort, it's cannons kill a few of your men? It would make invasions more dynamic, as you cant risk walking right next to an enemy fort without your men getting shot.

Idk if you read exactly what i said. It wasn't wagon forts in particular. It was the idea of wagon forts and how to expand on that...

I'd like to see a special battle scene for when you're caught in the middle of besieging an enemy fort by a roving lord, which would depict the ring of counter-fortifications surrounding the enemy stronghold that you've established while "building ladders" or "siege towers". The enemy lord that has come then has to attack your defenses from outside, while the other, enemy fort inside the ring can be seen on the horizon.

Bluehawk said:
I'd like to see a special battle scene for when you're caught in the middle of besieging an enemy fort by a roving lord, which would depict the ring of counter-fortifications surrounding the enemy stronghold that you've established while "building ladders" or "siege towers". The enemy lord that has come then has to attack your defenses from outside, while the other, enemy fort inside the ring can be seen on the horizon.

I find it hilarious that in Native you can't attack besiegers but you can pass through their siege lines and join the defense. Native logic at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom