The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the problem where my ranged units are literally a few feet away from each other yet when fire, do no damage at all. My armed of trained Highlanders was beat by peasants because their volleys did jack ****, lol.

You can Say anything you want... "

This is a very early alpha! It is unfished and will contain bugs, a lack of content, tons of repeated scenes, native NPCs, native quests, native features, unfinished features and such.

The mod will continue to be developed and addressing the above problems are the top priority. Please bear that in mind.

Blah Blah Blah...

You Can say anything you want...

But This mod is AWESOME!
Anyone who ever played 1812-1815 mod \ ivanhoe version, Napoleonic wars single player mod or Age of Imperialism knows what I'm talking about...

This mod is Very Smooooooth

It's textures are almost Flawless, We can See a realistic smoke from musket fire, And even distant fire sounds distant.

I regret to hear a Fire and Sword addon's music though - I think something classic would fit more -It's too random - But I guess it's personal preferences...

Words can't express my Gratitude and Happiness...

I'm At your Service ANY TIME Doc, if you need me...

Musket melee doesn't work at all, all you can see is some half-assed animation of the musket getting readied to thrust, there is no thrust animation and it barely does any damage. The game is sweet but I have encountered as much bugs as in Viking Conquest, many animations and missing and graphical glitches galore. This is why developers shouldn't be forced into making an early release, take your time! Please! Besides that, this mod is my second favorite with ACOK being first.

Muskets do damage, but a lot lesser then what we saw in diplex,  I tried to reenact his sharpe skirmish bt barely took anyone with one shot.

RoboSenshi said:
People, please see this release for what it is. It is an open alpha not a finished product. The mindset you should have going in is "how can I help further the development of this mod". You can do this by reporting bugs competently and making smart realistic suggestions.

Just something to keep in mind.

zamaxan said:
I can't seem to find a recruiter or anyway to join a faction, any help?

Recruiters can be found in capital cities, just ride around and you should find one standing around eventually.

Really amazing so far, did discover some bugs however.

The first one isn't really a bug, but the muskets are so very weak (or my linemen are terrible at aiming). I lined my linemen up in two rank rows, looked hella badass, and they shot plenty of times each before kills started coming in. I think they're too weak currently.

Second one. When collecting taxes for George of England, the villagers resisted and started attacking me as usual. I was put in the village with a few of my linemen - our only weapons were those training staves from Native. The animations were bugged as well, the player held the staff as if he held a musket, and when doing attacks to the side, the animation bugs out a whole bunch. It looks like he's barely trying to hit them.

Third one, the Native character, Isolla of Suno, is still there. I don't know which city of England I found him/her in, but it seemed like he/she was supposed to now be a frenchman named Louis or something. However, in the first piece of dialogue, it still used the original dialogue from Native, saying he was Isolla from Suno and everything. After clicking to get to the next piece of dialogue, it was all new and seemed right.

Fourth one is that some NPCs walk around with hats and robes from Native - those monk outfits, to be more precise. Examples of NPCs would be the Village Elders (all of the ones I've stumbled upon yet, atleast) and also that Louis/Isolla guy. I also think one of the Linemen troops are missing their chestpiece. I was upgrading my Linemen, when noticing that some of them didn't have a shirt on in the Party menu. When upgrading, they had the new uniform on, and everything was back to normal.

I will keep playing and report back when finding new bugs.

JaysonH said:
Recruiters can be found in capital cities, just ride around and you should find one standing around eventually.
Do note that you're gonna have to walk around on the streets, not the City Hall or tavern.

Took me a while to find a recruiter, since I started off, going through all the taverns and city halls, then finally checking the streets.

With this post storm, I doubt those useful bug reports will reach to docm easily, if only there was a bug thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom