The new Economy model.

Users who are viewing this thread

And don't forget that you should be able to build roads.

I don't think they should really appear on the world map, they are more than annoying, but you should have the option to build them in your fiefs.

Important for trade and so on  :wink:

One more suggestion. Sometimes I see the good armour/weapon in shop, but can't buy it with the lack of money. When I comeback  there with money later, the item already disapeared. What if I can take some credit from guildmaster to buy this item and then return this money later? Untill I will  return this money I will pay weekly persentage for this debt from my balance.
For example I get 100000 from some city. Weekly deduction 1% - 1000. I will be interested to return this money asap.

alekskoles said:
One more suggestion. Sometimes I see the good armour/weapon in shop, but can't buy it with the lack of money. When I comeback  there with money later, the item already disapeared. What if I can take some credit from guildmaster to buy this item and then return this money later? Untill I will  return this money I will pay weekly persentage for this debt from my balance.
For example I get 100000 from some city. Weekly deduction 1% - 1000. I will be interested to return this money asap.

you actually CAN do this already, although, it could be classified as cheating...

1. Export character,
2. in character txt. add manually amount of cash you need,
3. import character,
4. return money when you can BUT WITH INTEREST!!!
5. Interest is 5% of amount you added, each week.

I bought Thick mail surcoat for 50000 and had to borrow 25000.
After two tournaments i returned 30000 and thats that.

Latinikon said:
you actually CAN do this already, although, it could be classified as cheating...
Thanks, I know this way. But cheating is my greatest taboo! One time change txt file and then can't stop it. After some time find my self and companions became the deadless gods of war in Europe and ... hello Skirym, I loose interest to AD and return.

alekskoles said:
Latinikon said:
Thanks, I know this way. But cheating is my greatest taboo! One time change txt file and then can't stop it. After some time find my self and companions became the deadless gods of war in Europe and ... hello Skirym, I loose interest to AD and return.

he, be disciplined

Adding some opportunities to organize trade roots/caravans yourself for prosperity of your fiefs to your economic plan, just wanna grab some real stuff from them  :cool:

Hey,

I love this Mod, and this economy revamp sounds terrific.  I wonder, how much of the economy is (or should be) linked to trade caravans?  I always wondered at the importance of those things and the need to raid/protect them.  I think it gives some wonderful depth to the game to be able to affect the course of a war occurring in the holly land by opportunistically sacking a mamaluke caravan outside of Oslo, or having to address that bandit problem outside your lord's town to make sure he has the troops to support you in your next campaign.

One more thought:  as a warmonger, I am interested to know, will AI lords take a region's prosperity into consideration when deciding what to raid/capture?

Hi Dr. Thomas,

I like the new economic model you are thinking about  -  I think it is quite necessary to have a more realistic model. Now I have one question: Is it possible to integrate the producton of weapons, armours and horses into that model? I have various ideas about that:

maybe having cheap iron in a city results in having many cheap weapons and armours.

there may be cities where horses are cheap, and others where they are auite expensive.

The price of weapons should differ from city to city - so if a city is at war, weapons, armour and horses should be more expensive.

Another interesting option would be to allow the player to have custom weapons forged bay a blacksmith. If I want a certain armour or weapon, I have to travel quite a lot to get it. It would be cool to be able to talk to the blacksmith and pay him money so he would produce the armour I want in the coulours I want.

Also, looted villages should be more important for the economy and the state of the realm. There are two ways that might be accomplished:

1. The Lord who owns the village should have a significantly lesser renown when his village is burned down - so when he is defeated in battle, he can only field a smaller army when hier village was looted.

2. This should also affect the relationship between village and lord - when the lord isn´t able to defend the village, he is useless for the villagers, so their relationship should deteriorate.
Mor importantly, the relationship between king and lord should also deteriorate: This would prevent the kings to sit in their castles while all the villages are looted.

Makememove said:
Hi Dr. Thomas,

I like the new economic model you are thinking about  -  I think it is quite necessary to have a more realistic model. Now I have one question: Is it possible to integrate the producton of weapons, armours and horses into that model? I have various ideas about that:

maybe having cheap iron in a city results in having many cheap weapons and armours.

there may be cities where horses are cheap, and others where they are auite expensive.

The price of weapons should differ from city to city - so if a city is at war, weapons, armour and horses should be more expensive.
Making the items part of the economy would be neat, but might not be easy. So I don't know - depends on how much time/motivation I have I guess.

Makememove said:
Another interesting option would be to allow the player to have custom weapons forged bay a blacksmith. If I want a certain armour or weapon, I have to travel quite a lot to get it. It would be cool to be able to talk to the blacksmith and pay him money so he would produce the armour I want in the coulours I want.
I had this idea to have a crafting skill in the mod. But again, when it comes to items it's not easy because there's a lot of them.

Maybe it doesn´t have to be so complicated. In Brytenwalda, for example, it is possible to buy certain armors direktly from certain blacksmiths. This option would be especially nice for the higher-class armors and the armors worn by certain factions, as the crusaders or the Teutonic order.

Please oh PLEASE! implement the raw materials!
Oh and btw,did you think of having regions specialized in particular resources?
Wood was a primary source in medieval times,yet it has no importance in the game
What if the contruction of a seige tower would depend of how rich in wood would the province be?

Still a complicated wip,but have a though!

And stone - quarries have also been an important part of medieval history because of building various buildings like cathedrals, monasteries, castles... and have thus also became an important part in numerous conflicts between clergy and nobility.

Of course, this would require a lot of coding for which I believe developer(s) don't have enough time.

I have one question: players know to develop economy but why the other lords did not want to build mines and factories? I think they are much richer than you, and the mainland has already developed for thousands of years.
The idea of economic system is really great, but i suggest the system should be better  in line with the real history and the logic. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom