The most critical bug a game like this can have (and has it)

Users who are viewing this thread

You want to attack the enemy and you simply cannot.

I click on enemy units and my group simply chases them forever, never getting in contact. It happens to me always sooner or later, reloading a save doesn't fix it, the only way is to exit the game and relaunch it (some times it still happens after restarting the game). It happened to me in the previous many versions of the game and it is still happening in the latest version as for today.

I click on enemy units and my group simply chases them forever, never getting in contact. It happens to me always sooner or later, reloading a save doesn't fix it, the only way is to exit the game and relaunch it (some times it still happens after restarting the game). It happened to me in the previous many versions of the game and it is still happening in the latest version as for today.
You mean on the campaign map?

That's not a bug, some parties are just faster than yours. The only way to catch them is to trap them someplace. Usually around mountains or places where the land ends, sometimes rivers work as well.

edit: Make sure you're not pressing Alt (or alt-tabbing) because that engages the "Follow" command. It happened to me awhile back and to at least two other people.

Last edited:

Do you mean the attack menu doesn't pop-up on collision? If it is recurrent then you better report it as a bug.
Never happened to me though...

I've had a bug occasionally, where the game thinks I'm following when I try to attack. Usually have to do something to break it out of the spell... like go into a town or village.

Do you mean the attack menu doesn't pop-up on collision? If it is recurrent then you better report it as a bug.
Never happened to me though...
Not exactly as there is no collision. My party "switches" to permanent follow mode for no reason, and keeps in follow mode until I exit the game and restart (reloading a save game without restarting doesn't fix it).

I think I know where the problem is: ALT TAB.
Some times I alt tab during the game, mostly when loading a save file. It looks like the game reads ALT press event once, but then it miss to read the ALT release, perhaps because it is loading a saved game. And the result is that the game "thinks" ALT is pressed all the time. When this happens, another ALT TAB and back can solve the problem, not sure if always.

Some times I alt tab during the game, mostly when loading a save file. It looks like the game reads ALT press event once, but then it miss to read the ALT release, perhaps because it is loading a saved game. And the result is that the game "thinks" ALT is pressed all the time. When this happens, another ALT TAB and back can solve the problem, not sure if always.
Yeah, that can happen and the solution works 100% for me.
There is a Follow mode !! ??

I've never had a problem attacking enemies.
Added a few months back, just hold Alt and click to Follow.

I once had this issue, just followed my enemies around for quite a while. I assumed the game was bugged/glitched but it's nice to know I was just using a feature that was unknown to me.
The more you know

Oh for the sweet merciful love of...

Yeah that sucks. Thanks for figuring it out for us!

It makes sense then that pressing ALT even if it were for ALT-TAB would throw you into follow mode. The game won't take into account the other keys you are pressing, at least I'd be very surprised if it were designed to. To avoid this, you could also change the key for ALT in game for something else.

I wonder why the TW devs didn't put "Follow" in the right-click menu like it was in Warband instead of mapping it to a whole new button that noone knows.

oh right, I forgot... TW devs never played Warband

It makes sense then that pressing ALT even if it were for ALT-TAB would throw you into follow mode. The game won't take into account the other keys you are pressing, at least I'd be very surprised if it were designed to. To avoid this, you could also change the key for ALT in game for something else.
Sorry, in order to avoid this the devs should take that into serious consideration, not me, as any other game does.

Back
Top Bottom