The most critical bug a game like this can have (and has it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry, in order to avoid this the devs should take that into serious consideration, not me, as any other game does.

ALT key is one of the most easily accessible keys. It makes sense that they would use ALT in their game. It's not a problem that generally bothers most people, so to make a default change for everyone, especially already accustomed to the key, would be annoying. Instead, key bindings are there to solve exactly this for players whom wish to use the keys for something else. In your case, it would be ALT-TAB without it doing a thing in game.

ALT key is one of the most easily accessible keys. It makes sense that they would use ALT in their game. It's not a problem that generally bothers most people, so to make a default change for everyone, especially already accustomed to the key, would be annoying. Instead, key bindings are there to solve exactly this for players whom wish to use the keys for something else. In your case, it would be ALT-TAB without it doing a thing in game.
They don't need to change anything but the code. We are talking about a bug in the game:
1 - You ALT - TAB to other app: the game reads the ALT key down event and considers you are pressing ALT.
2 - You ALT - TAB back in the game: The game DOESN'T read the ALT key state because the ALT press/release event happened when you were out of the game (but now you are back in the game and ALT is released) <- This is the problem.

I wonder why the TW devs didn't put "Follow" in the right-click menu like it was in Warband instead of mapping it to a whole new button that noone knows.

oh right, I forgot... TW devs never played Warband
Oh damn, tbf at least leading a herd is easier than it was in Warband. That had to have been one of the most frustrating quests I've ever seen in any game, damn near got carpel tunnel syndrome from it. :wink:

They don't need to change anything but the code. We are talking about a bug in the game:
1 - You ALT - TAB to other app: the game reads the ALT key down event and considers you are pressing ALT.
2 - You ALT - TAB back in the game: The game DOESN'T read the ALT key state because the ALT press/release event happened when you were out of the game (but now you are back in the game and ALT is released) <- This is the problem.
I think we can just press alt again and it turns off.

Back
Top Bottom