The ladder of power: Becoming landed nobility without wasting time

Users who are viewing this thread

Coming back to Warband after playing strategy games always frustrates me because I'm not in command of anything. :mad:

So what is the fastest way to seize a city or castle to use as the foundation of future power and conquest?  :party:

I became lord of Tulga under the protection of Sanjar Khan in 28 days by this method:

1. Get $$$ by winning 2 or 3 tournaments and/or ripping off a tax collection quest (I did both).

2. Use that money to hire a few mercenary cavalry and get medium or good armor (don't waste time on this).

3. Hire about 12 Nord peasants and start killing sea raiders.

> The goal is to train up about 20-30 Nord warriors. Everything else is secondary so don't waste time on your own skills by doing all the fighting yourself.
    > The tactic is: use mercenary cavalry as interference and skirmishers to break up enemy lines and absorb projectiles, allowing your low and mid tier infantry to mop up and get maximum experience.

STAGE FOUR: Use the sidebar messages and the map to locate a city or castle that has recently been conquered. If you are lucky the fortress will have only a skeleton garrison of low level troops. When you find one, beseige and conquer it.

5. That's how I became Duke of the Duchy of Tulga... a precarious position. I took the opportunity to make good on my promise to enoble Matheld with a fief then immediately swore allegiance to Sanjar Khan ( :shifty: ). By these means in only 28 days with minimal grinding I became lord of a very rich city (and also a village) and most importantly safe, since the Khergits will defend Tulga against the Sarranids or whoever would take it from me.

Nice little strategy.

Belisario said:
Coming back to Warband after playing strategy games always frustrates me because I'm not in command of anything. :mad:

I assume you already do, but if not get diplomacy/PBOD, it gives a little more control over some stuff.

Back
Top Bottom