the kingdom of Georgia

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly, if the European crusaders hadn't come I highly doubt that Georgia would have had luck to take the area around Trebizond.

molashkre said:
I just wanted to underline,that Georgians were able to conquer such a big teritory :grin:

But the point is that they can't by themselves, I'm not saying they are weak, but would they be able to contend normally with the larger factions around it? Even if they have in history I doubt the computer cares aobut what happened in history and will make rash or wrong decisions.

you want ,,independent" act?ok.In 1209 Georgians conquered Persian cities:Nakhchivan,Tebriz,Marand, Qazvin and Julfa by the order of king tamar.Georgians could continue the campaign to the Afganistan,but they got a lot of treasury and it was enough for Georgian economy

molashkre said:
you want ,,independent" act?ok.In 1209 Georgians conquered Persian cities:Nakhchivan,Tebriz,Marand, Qazvin and Julfa by the order of king tamar.Georgians could continue the campaign to the Afganistan,but they got a lot of treasury and it was enough for Georgian economy

Thanks for the info that was actually needed, I think if you can find about 5-6 (Maybe more) generals and have an indepth time line and family lines drawn up it may be taken into more consideration in later patches but right now its not a such big part on the list to do, most of those taking priority focus more in the middle east I would suspect.

the main things that need to be taken into consideration for reasearch are:

Lords and Ladies (I'd say 5-6 ... but thats a min)
Villages
Castles
Towns
current geographical structure closest to 1200 (Which would mean a smaller Georgia)

Thats jsut for general research in a mod, for a faction to be slightly successful, but if you have ever watched Bohemia or Rascia ... small factions don't last too long against constant onslaught.

Also adding in Georgia you might have to go sort out northen factions, which means more work for the modders, I wouldn't get your hopes too high but if you have the info ready then it may be taken into consideration at a later date.

Kator Viridian said:
molashkre said:

Thanks for the info that was actually needed, I think if you can find about 5-6 (Maybe more) generals and have an indepth time line and family lines drawn up it may be taken into more consideration in later patches but right now its not a such big part on the list to do, most of those taking priority focus more in the middle east I would suspect.

the main things that need to be taken into consideration for reasearch are:

Lords and Ladies (I'd say 5-6 ... but thats a min)
Villages
Castles
Towns
current geographical structure closest to 1200 (Which would mean a smaller Georgia)

Thats jsut for general research in a mod, for a faction to be slightly successful, but if you have ever watched Bohemia or Rascia ... small factions don't last too long against constant onslaught.

Also adding in Georgia you might have to go sort out northen factions, which means more work for the modders, I wouldn't get your hopes too high but if you have the info ready then it may be taken into consideration at a later date.

5-6 are not enough at all. Anyway, don't boast too much on us not adding Georgia, Kator. We ARE adding Georgia as long as we reach that part of the map, IF we do. Maybe we get to Poland only to discover that the game cannot handle so many lords and new scripts. Then, maybe we reduce the amount of settlements, maybe we re-work the thing to let it as a Western-Middle Europe 1200. Who knows. But if we reach the Caucassus area, it's for sure we're adding Georgia, surrounded, as it was, by Cumans and other tribes of Turks and Tatars.

And Georgia was bigger in 1200, not smaller. In fact, it was more than thrice its current size, I think.

Our focus right now, for all to know, is Spain.

Take care!

If you happen to have medieval total war2, you could try "Broken Crescent". It features a wide variety of faction, including Georgia. -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117739

molashkre said:
hello I'm Georgian and I think,that there must be another faction in this mod-the kingdom of Georgia,because it was one of the most strongest kingdom in medieval age.If you decide to add Georgian faction,I'll help you.

here is short history of Georgia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Georgia_(country)

Well, Georgia was powerful, to be sure, but calling it "one of the strongest kingdoms" is a big, big stretch.

EDIT: That's not to suggest I don't think Georgia should be in. I love Georgia; it's a fascinating country, and the Caucasus have always had an interesting history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom