the kingdom of Georgia

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

molashkre

Knight
hello I'm Georgian and I think,that there must be another faction in this mod-the kingdom of Georgia,because it was one of the most strongest kingdom in medieval age.If you decide to add Georgian faction,I'll help you.

here is short history of Georgia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Georgia_(country)

There is nothing wrong in wanting Georgia in the mod. Even though it is stated above that it was one of the strongest kingdoms, which is a lie, it wouldn't hurt anybody. Afterall are we also going to add Genoa, Navarre and other small kingdoms to the game. Besides it borders the Byzantines, Cumans and Seljuks, and isn't so far to the east that we would have to expand the map to add it, which kind of ruins the China joke if I got it correct.

If the new settings of the mod allow us to reach that portion of the Middle East, then we might add Georgia, as well as the Ayyubids, the Armenian kingdom of Cilicia, the Crusader States and some minor Turkic petty kingdoms in Kurdistan and Iraq.

But not now.

Cruger,I'm not layer,it seems,that you know little about medieval Georgia,have you heard about battle of Didgori(1121)?

No, but Wikipedia says it was a battle where Georgia smashed the Seljuks.

I do know extremely little of medieval Georgia, however I can guarantee you that if you by any chance think that the Georgians was a major country compared to other nations in the medieval, you're wrong. It has absolutly nothing to do with if they won a great battle in 1121, all of the countries that existed in year 1200 had won battles in the 12th century (atleast it would greatly suprise me if you can find a country that hadn't). You could easily counter that argument with that the Georgians was utterly crushed by the Mongols in 1230 or something like that.

The point is that Georgia didn't own much land, and even though they managed to repel the Seljuks that doesn't mean that they had the military power to a full scale conquest of any of the countries in the east. If you believe in anything else I'm afraid its your national feeling taking over.

my national feeling doesn't taking over :oops:but I don't agree you,Georgia owned whole region of Caucasus and believe me,it was bigger than,for example Dutch Counties.And at least,if you won't add,it won't be tragedy :smile:

Mol, if you really wish to see Georgia in this mod I suggest you start working on research. That should help with the development.

It's funny you ask me that question :lol: I'm not even from Armenia so no, I wouldn't call myself an Armenian nationalist.

here is list of Georgian units:
Infantry:
1.Levy Spearman-light
2.Kartlian Spearman-medium
3.Khevsur Swordsman-light
4.Metsikhovne (Stronghold Guard) Spearman-medium/heavy
5.Dismounted Monaspa Lancer-heavy
6.Tadzreuli Infantry-heavy
7.Torosani axeman-heavy

Missile:
1.Molashkre(Recruited Peasants)-light
2.Levy Archer-light
3.Svanian Archer-light
4.Svanian Crossbowman-light
5.Horoli Javelinner-light
6.Metsikhovne (Stronghold Guard) Archer-medium
7.Dismounted Monaspa Horse Archer-heavy

Cavalry
1.Mkhedari Moisari (Horse Archer)-light
2.Aznauri (Georgian Feudal)-medium/heavy
3.Monaspa Lancer-heavy
4.Monaspa Horse Archer-heavy
5.Samepo Monaspa (Royal Guard)-heavy
6.Tadzreuli Cavalry-heavy

Mercenary
1.Kivchag Horse Archer (Cuman Tribal Cavalry)-light

molashkre said:
Infantry:
1.Levy Spearman-light
7.Torosani axeman-heavy

Missile:
2.Levy Archer-light
3.Svanian Archer-light

Cavalry
3.Monaspa Lancer-heavy

Mercenary

As much as I appreciate you finding troops for Georgia, I still want to point out that they will not be added in near future. Also your new trooptree does not fit with the new recruitment system, which you can read more about in the "Plans for Next Release" thread.

Soil said:
If there's not even Armenia, why add Georgia?

I assume you mean Cilicia, since Armenia proper wasn't even a country in 1200. Or, at least, not run by Armenians, but Turks.

molashkre said:
Infantry:
1.Levy Spearman-light
7.Torosani axeman-heavy

Missile:
2.Levy Archer-light
3.Svanian Archer-light

Cavalry
3.Monaspa Lancer-heavy

Mercenary

Since I know very little about medieval Georgia, I'd like to know the source for this. You know, some people come and say "why don't you add Conquistadores" or "Swiss pikemen", or "full plate armours". The answer to that is "there was no such thing in 1200".

That's why I'd like to know the political and militar structure of Medieval Georgia in 1200 (not in 1000 or in 1300, because major changes can happen in a century) so that correct troop trees can be made.

Take care!

Cèsar de Quart said:
Soil said:
If there's not even Armenia, why add Georgia?

I assume you mean Cilicia, since Armenia proper wasn't even a country in 1200. Or, at least, not run by Armenians, but Turks.

Frankly, I thought it was obvious that I meant Armenian Cilicia because of the time frame of the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom