Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure a number of people feel this way or do not want anything to change but I find this to be a troublesome imbalance in the game that needs to be addressed and I'm unsure if anyone else has is having the issue I am having. I hope this is the appropriate place for this post as I'm unsure which it falls under but battles and sieges seemed to be the most relevant.

I have an Empire Campaign where we've defeated two of the three conspirators to include the Khuzaits with only the Aserai left as challengers however, the Khuzaits, despite being severely weakened immediately declare war again like nothing changed and the discrepancy between how many parties we have and theirs is staggering and yet we are getting our butts kicked to kingdom come even when it is just war between our two factions.

There were 23 clans under the Southern Empire banner just before they declared war again and then they took two cities and four castles very quickly and raise 2000+ soldier armies likes no ones business all while only having 11 clans of which two are single person clans, one clan tier 0, and the other clan tier 4. This feels artificially difficult as few factions I know conquer half the map before I'm clan tier 4 like the Khuzaits.

This may be due to horse archers being over-rewarded in AI vs AI battles or auto-factoring regardless of the number of archers in the opposite opposing army? I feel either all other factions need to be propped up some to at least be better and make things more interesting or the Khuzaits need to be downgraded some to match the soldier tier progression of other factions.

I do have about 700 hours in-game with the campaign being my main focus but I'm not claiming to know everything and I just want the balance of this game to work out right so that each campaign feels different and isn't always Vlandia versus Khuzaits for dominance of the map which seems to be the norm in the mass majority of my campaigns with the exception of Battania versus Khuzaits in the above mentioned campaign.

Anyway, thank you for your time and I hope to get some feedback about other solutions that could solve this for Bannerlord that perhaps aren't "download mods" as I've had little success getting my game to run properly with mods.

My own guess would be that it's about mobility. They can reach things faster, and retreat before they get murdered. The first means they have an easier time sieging badly defended locations or reinforcing weak ones, the latter that they keep their upgraded troops rather than get stuck on ye olde' recruit circus, which means they keep getting faster whilst the enemy keep getting slower (more, better cavalry vs more and worse infantry).

Mongols were hard to beat, I'd say it's just historical accuracy
The Mongols were also extremely annoying to fight and would deny battle for weeks, or shoot at an army for days. They also didn't recruit horse archers from settled villages or confine their armies to walled settlements. If we're going to force this game to be historically accurate, loads of other stuff needs to change first.

In my opinion, khuzaits should be op because of their horse archers which should be op as well. And they shouldn’t be nerfed like decreasing their damage, speed etc. Actually they should be able to shoot at the targets behind them and shoot from the right side of their bows which makes shooting faster.

Khuzaits should have the disadvantage of having low loyalty in towns they captured from other cultures(as nomadic tribes always cared about conquering places and not maintaining them in history), empire, vlandia, battania and sturgia allying against them if things get serious(because of their relatively similar culture), huge chaos if their leader(monchug at the start) dies (this is also historical like when genghis khan and tamerlane died, the heirs should battle against each other after the leader dies). These changes will create a situation hard to balance but will make a more interensting experience in my opinion.

Has anyone tried just removing their cultural speed bonus? Considering how simplistic autocalc is, it has to come down to their armies, due to crazy speed, always being able to cause favourable fights and escape unfavourable ones

Has anyone tried just removing their cultural speed bonus? Considering how simplistic autocalc is, it has to come down to their armies, due to crazy speed, always being able to cause favourable fights and escape unfavourable ones

We already had an example of Khuzaits without their speed bonus: in the first few weeks after release, it wasn't implemented. So the Khuzaits had no speed bonus. They also didn't have a cavalry bonus either, on account of their parties (like every other faction) being 80-90% tier 1 recruits.

They still steamrolled, probably for the same reason that Vlandia does: a safe flank and being able to send armies in only two directions without risking getting rolled up.

Back
Top Bottom