The Great and Powerful Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really scared I'll lose some prized troops to the Apostles....but then again...nothing a full on volley of bullets can't solve....right....right??!!  :grin:

I think I can imagine the look on my grenadiers' faces when the gunpowder smoke clears and the enemy is still charging.

skitarii said:
I'm really scared I'll lose some prized troops to the Apostles....but then again...nothing a full on volley of bullets can't solve....right....right??!!  :grin:

I think I can imagine the look on my grenadiers' faces when the gunpowder smoke clears and the enemy is still charging.
Heh Grenadiers are good but you'll need to distract the apostles with Cavalry to give them a chance to work.  The Grenadiers and Panerians in general will have new conical helmets in the next patch.  They look much more like a proper faction now.  I'll probably increase the speed of the flintlock pistol as well.  It doesn't do enough damage to armored troops.

I got my ass kicked by Adon s troops shame on me.  :lol:Still I got him in second battle so no worries.
Now I am wondering hmmm oh yeah. I believe Caska should have a dialogue before battle for Tudor city Doldrey. After all what she says about Grifftih is  is quite interesting

Phew finally someone posted. Here goes nothing
bug reporting:
I fought lord Gennon 141 against him I had 108 and I got 0 renown. It happened few times before too so it is some random bug.
You can attack all sides mercenary riders+ POW riders without deteriorating relationship meaning I can attack all I want without war with them. Can t say I dont like it( free prey) but still fix that.
Princess Charlotte is often standing on table... :mrgreen: naughty girl

PaperJack said:
if we choose not to be Guts, can we become an apostle?
Not yet but an option to start as an apostle is something I am planning on.  Or maybe even better yet I could make a regular character choice male\or female have a quest that eventually lets you become an apostle.  All the choices still lead to the same quests but eventually only Gutts will have the manga specific questline.
zenla said:
Phew finally someone posted. Here goes nothing
bug reporting:
I fought lord Gennon 141 against him I had 108 and I got 0 renown. It happened few times before too so it is some random bug.
You can attack all sides mercenary riders+ POW riders without deteriorating relationship meaning I can attack all I want without war with them. Can t say I dont like it( free prey) but still fix that.
Princess Charlotte is often standing on table... :mrgreen: naughty girl
Yea I need to add a little script that decreases relationship with the faction; if you attack their mercenaries.  I wouldn't make the relationship drop very severe.  It would probably only be negative 1 or 2.  Kingdoms don't care much about their troops.

I'll also have to look into the renown bug that is a little wierd.
zenla said:
I got my ass kicked by Adon s troops shame on me.  :lol:Still I got him in second battle so no worries.
Now I am wondering hmmm oh yeah. I believe Caska should have a dialogue before battle for Tudor city Doldrey. After all what she says about Grifftih is  is quite interesting
Are you talking about the dialogue where she mentions that she wants to be Griffith's sword.  Or do you mean the one where she tells Gutts that Griffith has never said he needed anyone besides Gutts?

Errrr I was thinking about that noble from Doldrey that Griffith had sex with. Of course that noble as we read in manga wanted Griffith back as his toy. That s what Caska was talking about. Griffith relationship with Gutts is also quite important but here is what I think.
Caska talks to Gutss about his relation with Griffith at 900 renown
After receiving quest to take Doldrey Caska speak about that noble with Gutts( before taking doldrey of course)
Charlotte wishes us luck after receiving Doldrey quest or just getting 1000 renown.
That noble orders Boscogne to take Griffiith alive when we attack city
When we win Griffith get to talk with noble about pebble.

Now I think you should create that noble npc.

Edit: Cze I will reread manga at this rate to keep up with my memory Well anyway.
When I play berserk mode I keep thinking what to add so here is another idea.
What is Caska to Gutts? Comrade in arms future lover female friend prisoner nuisance the list goes on. I think the best word is person of destiny( Yes I know how it sounds). I think Caska is his destined partner no matter how you look at it. Well I am just blabbing right now right? Now my idea is beyond manga so it could be wrong. I believe you should insert Caska in the starting  quick battles( fight with noble and some dialogues) as the two of them comes together. A little bit romantic dont you think :mrgreen: That s how they both meet in the band of hawk. Later we should add some Caska s *****ing to show her affection(  :twisted:) to Gutts
Now since both have their story to be told( the rest does not have)

Edit 2 Holy ... Did you tweaked Doldrey quest? I am getting attakced like hell and top of that doldrey has over 600 soldiers

Uhm, how do I advance the story ? I have finished the first fights as Gutts and fighted a bit around to get a higher level, but nothing seems to happen.

nevermind, I found the walkthrought file

If you are on the current patch, PaperJack, open the berserk module folder and look for the berserk walkthrough text file.  It explains how to advance the story.  The main story event kicks in once you are at 1000 renown, have joined midland, and have a chat with the king.
zenla said:
Errrr I was thinking about that noble from Doldrey that Griffith had sex with. Of course that noble as we read in manga wanted Griffith back as his toy. That s what Caska was talking about. Griffith relationship with Gutts is also quite important but here is what I think.
Caska talks to Gutss about his relation with Griffith at 900 renown
After receiving quest to take Doldrey Caska speak about that noble with Gutts( before taking doldrey of course)
Charlotte wishes us luck after receiving Doldrey quest or just getting 1000 renown.
That noble orders Boscogne to take Griffiith alive when we attack city
When we win Griffith get to talk with noble about pebble.

Now I think you should create that noble npc.

Edit: Cze I will reread manga at this rate to keep up with my memory Well anyway.
When I play berserk mode I keep thinking what to add so here is another idea.
What is Caska to Gutts? Comrade in arms future lover female friend prisoner nuisance the list goes on. I think the best word is person of destiny( Yes I know how it sounds). I think Caska is his destined partner no matter how you look at it. Well I am just blabbing right now right? Now my idea is beyond manga so it could be wrong. I believe you should insert Caska in the starting  quick battles( fight with noble and some dialogues) as the two of them comes together. A little bit romantic dont you think :mrgreen: That s how they both meet in the band of hawk. Later we should add some Caska s *****ing to show her affection(  :twisted:) to Gutts
Now since both have their story to be told( the rest does not have)
I do need to add a lot more dialogue's for Casca.  She one of the main characters of the whole manga.  But I don't know about adding her as a quickbattle at the beginning.  I suppose adding a dialogue right after the Doldrey quest is accepted between Gutts and Casca is a good idea.  I will probably create a specific quest for her right after Gutts restores her mind at Elfhelm. 
I don't think I can do a conversation between two npc's who aren't in my party(the noble Gennon and Boscogne).
Random *****ing by Casca at Gutts after a battle could be kind of funny too. 

BUG!
I went onto a city and in the tavern, Griffith was there (he already was in my party). When I tried talking to him, it gave me an error and said the dialogue you get when you first meet him.

It even gave me extra units!
I talked to Griffith 10 more times and ended up with a group of 300+ cavalry.

Also, I think there should be a better way to rank up renown, like duels against powerful opponents in arena's and unique parties roaming the map that give you bonus renown for defeating them.

Hmm I'm gonna have to track that one down.  Thanks for the report.  I thought I had the trigger fixed but I guess there is still a loophole somewhere.

You have a good idea about special events to get more renown.  I might try to make duelling get you a bit of renown.  I want to create some quests that give a lot of renown.

Thanks, because fighting the raid groups of 30-50 men gets boring after the 20eth time. You only get like 3-15 renown and you need 300 (and then another 250!).

You could make some groups that look for you actively after you get a certain renown or win a tournament. Or assassins, or ambushes.
The world of Berserk is much more dangerous than the one of Calradia!
After when griffith becomes one of the god hands, you could have weak undead parties looking costantly for you during the night, allied with everyone but you (so the other factions won't attack them).
When camping somewhere or sleeping in a inn, add a quickbattle event against undeads aswell.

Perhaps give Godo some more cool weapons you could buy, like upgrades for the cannon or sword that give special effects. For example, a cannon replacement that instead of explosives shoots solid balls that do much more damage, are much more accurate and pass throught infantry but have no AOE damage, or poison arrows for the crossbows, or the ability to make the Dragonslayer rotate for 360° damage..
Make the "unique" units more unique, add special abilities to them such as explosive arrows, or untrampleable armor, or AOE damage.

I forgot, is the Berserker armour going to be in the mod ? What are it's effects going to be ?

PaperJack said:
Thanks, because fighting the raid groups of 30-50 men gets boring after the 20eth time. You only get like 3-15 renown and you need 300 (and then another 250!).

You could make some groups that look for you actively after you get a certain renown or win a tournament. Or assassins, or ambushes.
The world of Berserk is much more dangerous than the one of Calradia!
After when griffith becomes one of the god hands, you could have weak undead parties looking costantly for you during the night, allied with everyone but you (so the other factions won't attack them).
When camping somewhere or sleeping in a inn, add a quickbattle event against undeads aswell.

Perhaps give Godo some more cool weapons you could buy, like upgrades for the cannon or sword that give special effects. For example, a cannon replacement that instead of explosives shoots solid balls that do much more damage, are much more accurate and pass throught infantry but have no AOE damage, or poison arrows for the crossbows, or the ability to make the Dragonslayer rotate for 360° damage..
Make the "unique" units more unique, add special abilities to them such as explosive arrows, or untrampleable armor, or AOE damage.

I forgot, is the Berserker armour going to be in the mod ? What are it's effects going to be ?
Wow thats a good list.  Well I'm going to implement bandit parties grouping against you.  That way you'll be able to fight more men at once.  And bandits will be more dangerous.  I actually already have undead parties that track you down after the eclipse.  I made them a new faction.  They only hate you, and the faction innocents(farmers and the like).  I need to work on the dragonslayer so that it looks better when you use the big swing.  I want to make a more slashy looking particle effect.  Right now Gutts just swings like normal and then glows for a bit.  I will eventually implement Gutts explosive bombs.  It also gives him something that he can give to Isidro.  The main problem I have with giving npc's AoE weapons is aiming.  I'm not sure how to tell them what to fire at.  It is difficult to code an explosion that happens when a target is hit.  Right now the AoE happens when the ground is hit.  I'll keep working on it of course.  Cannon arm slugs is a very good idea.  I tweaked the cannon script so that it would kill weaker troops but not apostles.  The slugs could have a more anti-apostle effect killing anything hit in one shot. 

The granddaddy of all the special items that I want to add is of course the Berserker armor.  I want to script it so that it will negatively effect your character if you use it too much.  Their is already a luck stat in native that I can use.  But I will increase the skill limit to 15 so that the berserker armor can max your stats.  It will also make you regenerate health.  I would love to code jumping higher but that will take more knowledge of the module system than I have.  If you have any other ideas as to effects I am open to  ideas.  Maybe a fear effect too.     

I was thinking about morale script too. you know I think  there should be reward for beating inquisitor(forogot his name). It should be available after eclipse and when we Have Caska as prisoner. We get for beating him weapon/armor upgrade in godo s smithy. Also I think that inquisitor s party should have undead/demons

An idea for the berserker armour: make damage apply after one minute it's been originally dealt.
Like, you get hit by a projectile, but only after a minute the damage appears.

To even it out, perhaps make the damage slightly higher (1.10?).

Another bug I found
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8396/64831422.jpg

PaperJack said:
An idea for the berserker armour: make damage apply after one minute it's been originally dealt.

Another bug I found

Also,it probably would be good to make wounds heal way slower because of the extensive damage the armor does to its user,or lower Guts' stats.

Thats daka in prisoner screen right?  Yea there is no way to fix that short of making them a new race.  But any non-human troop is supposed to be non-capturable anyway.  Otherwise you would farm for daka from the Kushan's enemies.  Nothing can stop 40 daka; I've done some extensive tests.  I just need to add tf_uncapturable(not the right code!)  I did check them all with tf_always_fall_dead  but that seems to only affect them when your character kills them. It doesn't affect them in autocalc.
Gothic Knight said:
PaperJack said:

Another bug I found

Also,it probably would be good to make wounds heal way slower because of the extensive damage the armor does to its user,or lower Guts' stats.
  but that seems to only affect them when your character kills them.
You mean that if you use the armor you heal slower on the map screen for a while.  Thats a good idea, and that is pretty much what happens in the manga too.  I don't know about the 1 minute later thing.  People will get annoyed when they just fall down dead for no apparent reason.  I will probably make puck heal you very quickly on the map screen, but not if you use the special power of the Berserker armor.  You will of course be able to use the armor without engaging its powers.  I'm still thinking about how to represent Puck ingame.  Maybe even a big single glowing particle.
zenla said:
I was thinking about morale script too. you know I think  there should be reward for beating inquisitor(forogot his name). It should be available after eclipse and when we Have Caska as prisoner. We get for beating him weapon/armor upgrade in godo s smithy. Also I think that inquisitor s party should have undead/demons
Well there is a possibility at some point of having a mission for Albion.  If I were to write that then I could give Mozgus some demon assistants.  But the code as it currently stands it is impossible to give any paticular lord party special troops.  Although I would like to figure out how eventually.  That way I could make Zodd's party tougher as well.  And yes I would give Gutts his throwing bombs as part of that mission.  I would of course miss Godo.

Actually for the Prophesy of Pendor mod Saxondragon coded some units to fall dead even in autocalc. 

You can ask him for some help I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom