The Government, Senate, Political Rivalry, Policies, Laws

Users who are viewing this thread

I wanted to share my wishes about advanced diplomacy system.

I hope there will be;

real government meetings where our ministers give statistic reports from entire faction (budget, revolts, unity(with one measurement), population, diseases, wealth, religions by percentage of population etc

a senate (relative to regime of the faction), and political rivalry between small powers within the city, either by Native or with Mods.

For example; there would be strong people in Senate which effects some shares of the senate, so if we want to pass a bill/law (yes, add bills into game), we either have to replace those powerful people with new loyal people or make them loyal to us (by bribe, by promising more power in senate, by threatening them etc)

Laws; add laws into the game to change policies.

Policies; add policies into the game for faction management. Few policy examples;

1) Military Policy; This policy will determine how will recruitments and training will be done. These could be;
a) Aggressive military policy - Army will get new recruits forcefully. More alailible troop numbers with cheaper prices in that city, but low morale of the troops and more rebellion risk in the city.
b) Balanced military policy - Army will get new recruits by paying salaries. Normal availible troop numbers with big prices, normal morale of the troops and normal rebellion risk in the city.
c) Weak military policy - Army will get new recruits from volunteers. Less availible troop numbers with very cheap prices, high morale of the troops and less rebellion risk.

2) Tax collecting policy
a) Hars tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city forcefully. Reducing population of the city, less tax collecting inefficiency, more rebellion risk, more cash for government, more unemployement rate
b) Normal tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city with normal procedurement. Stable population change, normal tax collecting inefficiency, normal rebellion risk, normal cash for government, normal unemployement rate
c) Weak tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city without any real procedurement. Increasing population, high inefficiency of tax collecting, less rebellion risk, less cash for government, less unemployement rate

3) Trade policy
a) Free trade with no restriction - Fast increasing population of the city, fast increasing wealth of citizens, less tax collecting inefficiency, more rebellion risk, less availible soldiers, less unemployement rate
b) Monitored trade - Balanced population increase, balanced wealth changes, normal tax collecting inefficiency, normal rebellion risk, normal availible soldiers, normal unemployement rate
c) Highly controlled/restricted trade policy - Low increasing population, reducing wealth, high tac collecting inefficiency, less rebellion risk, more availible soldiers, more unemployement rate

4) Education policy
a) Free education for all citizens - More trade, more rebellion risk, more wealth, less population increase, less availible soldiers
b) Monitored education policy - Normal trade, normal rebellion risk, normal wealth, normal population change, normal availible soldiers
c) Propaganda education policy - less trade, less rebellion risk, less wealth, high population increase, more availible soldiers

5) Demographics policy
a) Limiting children number - Less population increase, more wealth, more educated population, more rebellion risk, less availible soldiers, less unemployement rate
b) Free birth policy - normal population change, normal wealth, normal educated population, normal rebellion risk, normal availible soldiers, normal unemployement rate
c) Promoting more children policy - costs money to Government/Senate, fast increasing population, less wealth, less educated population, less rebellion risk, more availible soldiers, more unemployement rate

each "a)", "b)", "c)" is availible laws for each policies, that needs to be passed from Senate to be executed.

Advanced interactions with NPCs;

There shouldn't be just 3-4 choices of dialouges with NPCs, but more. There would be different ways to gain influince (i am not talking about influince point, but it can also be used) over one NPC, whether a lady or lord or minister or spy (add spy into the game btw), or citizen.

+1

Advanced diplomacy options, I would think, would be a must for a vanilla Bannerlord. Thankfully we always have the amazing modding community to fill in any gaps.

Improved diplomacy would be great, though I don't know how relevant these would be on a medieval-themed game.

The first three sound fitting, but were the last two ever practiced in the medieval times? Mainly
4) Education policy
a) Free education for all citizens - More trade, more rebellion risk, more wealth, less population increase, less availible soldiers
b) Monitored education policy - Normal trade, normal rebellion risk, normal wealth, normal population change, normal availible soldiers
c) Propaganda education policy - less trade, less rebellion risk, less wealth, high population increase, more availible soldiers

You may be right, i don't really know the history of education, or when was the first ever university opened etc.

That may change into "press policy", as far as i know history of press is so old and it goes into even ancient times. These are just few examples i wrote, i am pretty sure if TW wants to implement it, they may find dozen more policy.

This brings to mind something from the story mode of Viking conquest where the player has to go before "The Thing" or in essence a meeting of the nobles to determine the player's fate among other decisions in the kingdom, with the words of Mobles you befriended/antagonized weighing in on what occurs.

In Bannerlord it could be more than just a storyline one time event, and more of a actual regular event occurring on a quarterly/monthly basis. Depending on faction it can involve either the nobles making decisions if it's a aristocracy/tribal like Khuzaits, to the Vlandian monarch making decisions, to senators making decisions in the empire with the ruler of said faction able to override decisions at relation points penalty, and so on. In Warband there was a distinct lack of political maneuvering beyond making friends with the king and everyone else to get land or the marshallship.

I doubt something like this would be in the Fame, but I hope modders will implement this and expand it. I really like the idea.

I am curious what the diplomacy and ruling (kingdom, clan, village/castle) features consist of.

Advanced diplomacy and kingdom management would be dope, and I think that the suggestions 1, 2 and 3 should be in the game. The 4th and 5th suggestions I don't believe that would fit in a medieval world, but it's Calradia so who knows.

The great problem about diplomacy and NPC interations is that computer games, in the end, are nothing beyond 0's and 1's, and to represent such complex relations through logic can be quite a challenge. I'm very excited to take part in huge battles and lead my soldiers to victory, but I'm very concerned if TW will achieve such complexity, or will at least make it better than Warband in some sense (what I think is more possible to happen).

still wants more complexity and looking foward to be surprised thou

Varrak said:
I wanted to share my wishes about advanced diplomacy system.

I hope there will be;

real government meetings where our ministers give statistic reports from entire faction (budget, revolts, unity(with one measurement), population, diseases, wealth, religions by percentage of population etc

a senate (relative to regime of the faction), and political rivalry between small powers within the city, either by Native or with Mods.

For example; there would be strong people in Senate which effects some shares of the senate, so if we want to pass a bill/law (yes, add bills into game), we either have to replace those powerful people with new loyal people or make them loyal to us (by bribe, by promising more power in senate, by threatening them etc)

Laws; add laws into the game to change policies.

Policies; add policies into the game for faction management. Few policy examples;

1) Military Policy; This policy will determine how will recruitments and training will be done. These could be;
a) Aggressive military policy - Army will get new recruits forcefully. More alailible troop numbers with cheaper prices in that city, but low morale of the troops and more rebellion risk in the city.
b) Balanced military policy - Army will get new recruits by paying salaries. Normal availible troop numbers with big prices, normal morale of the troops and normal rebellion risk in the city.
c) Weak military policy - Army will get new recruits from volunteers. Less availible troop numbers with very cheap prices, high morale of the troops and less rebellion risk.

2) Tax collecting policy
a) Hars tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city forcefully. Reducing population of the city, less tax collecting inefficiency, more rebellion risk, more cash for government, more unemployement rate
b) Normal tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city with normal procedurement. Stable population change, normal tax collecting inefficiency, normal rebellion risk, normal cash for government, normal unemployement rate
c) Weak tax collecting policy - Government/Senate will collect taxes from citizens of the city without any real procedurement. Increasing population, high inefficiency of tax collecting, less rebellion risk, less cash for government, less unemployement rate

3) Trade policy
a) Free trade with no restriction - Fast increasing population of the city, fast increasing wealth of citizens, less tax collecting inefficiency, more rebellion risk, less availible soldiers, less unemployement rate
b) Monitored trade - Balanced population increase, balanced wealth changes, normal tax collecting inefficiency, normal rebellion risk, normal availible soldiers, normal unemployement rate
c) Highly controlled/restricted trade policy - Low increasing population, reducing wealth, high tac collecting inefficiency, less rebellion risk, more availible soldiers, more unemployement rate

4) Education policy

5) Demographics policy
a) Limiting children number - Less population increase, more wealth, more educated population, more rebellion risk, less availible soldiers, less unemployement rate
b) Free birth policy - normal population change, normal wealth, normal educated population, normal rebellion risk, normal availible soldiers, normal unemployement rate
c) Promoting more children policy - costs money to Government/Senate, fast increasing population, less wealth, less educated population, less rebellion risk, more availible soldiers, more unemployement rate

each "a)", "b)", "c)" is availible laws for each policies, that needs to be passed from Senate to be executed.

Advanced interactions with NPCs;

There shouldn't be just 3-4 choices of dialouges with NPCs, but more. There would be different ways to gain influince (i am not talking about influince point, but it can also be used) over one NPC, whether a lady or lord or minister or spy (add spy into the game btw), or citizen.

I like your point (1) Military policy but i wouldn't use words Aggressive, modest, weak.  You should have individual laws, determined by rulers. Some of the laws could be, as from Republican Rome and elsewhere - (a) Obligation military, where all citizens must train to fight when called up. (b) who pays for military equipment ? State (allows poor) or personal cost (guarantees only rich control military), (c) professional soldiers, when finances allow, employ prof soldiers. etc etc

I especially like the idea about voting of new policy changes. The wealthy senators would vote against any law that gives weapons to the poor (could be used against us) or expensive professional soldiers (will bankrupt us!). As the player you have to haggle with these people to vote the way you want.

I don't think that there's going to be a senate. The senate had after all developed into a social club for old rich men while power lied elsewhere in the early medieval period.

Back
Top Bottom