SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

fujiphoenix said:
Hey Mat, I just want to say that Taleworlds owes you, because the only reason I got this game was to play your mod :smile: I haven't even played Native yet. I have some questions tho. There are 2 weaves that don't do anything. They just fire what looks like a javelin. The icon of one is what looks like a plant sprout, and the other one looks like a white scepter being held by a hand. What the heck are these supposed to do?
Well I know that the sprout one is for healing. You don't even have to aim it and it will heal someone nearby, even your horse sometimes. I don't know about the staff one, it may be the unravel spell, which also doesn't have to be aimed and doesn't produce an animation. Also there's this on the first page of the thread:
A detailed explanation of the 14 weaves:
Air blast - (Visual - Dust Cloud) does a little damage and pushes enemies (push effect only for single player open field battles)
Freeze - (Visual - ice trail) slows enemies who are hit and deals minimal damage
Heal - (Visual - purple mist on the agent you healed) heals nearest allied agent with less that 70% health (can heal your horse)
Fireball - (Visual - fire trail) does initial damage and them burn over time damage on all agents in target zone
Unravel - (Visual - yellow mist on effect that was unraveled) Dispels seekers, compulsion, bind, and allies who are burning
Defensive blast - (Visual - Dust Cloud) does large damage to agents who are near channeler (and pushes them away if you are in single player open field battles)
Ranged blast - (Visual - cloud of dust on impact) Sort of a ranged version of the previous weave
Bind - (Visual - white mist on bound agent) bound agent can't move, can be damaged
Chain Lightening - (Visual - Lightning strike from the skies) Will damage nearby agents and pass charge on to others
Fire Curtain - (Visual - wall of fire) Will do initial damage and damage over time to all agents near the fire wall, burns for set duration
Shield - (Visual - purple mist on agent who is shielded) shielded agent can't use channeling unless they break free.  If you are shielded keep channeling and you have a chance of breaking free.  Harder to do if a strong enemy shielded you.
Seeker - (Visual - ball of green energy that tracks and kills target) You get hit, you die, also does AOE damage at higher levels
Compulsion - (Visual - black mist on compelled agent) This will turn the compelled enemy agent to your team.
Balefire - (Visual - light trail and purple image if agent is hit)  Agents in the path of the balefire stream will be ripped from the Pattern and their past actions erased. (killed instantly and removed from your sight) Also if the killed agent has been killing your teammates, then some of them may come back to life.
The spells in your HUD bar should be in the same order, as long as they are all unlocked. Some of them won't be unlocked if you don't have the needed skills for them(Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Spirit) and in that case these spells will be skipped.

Elan§Morin§Tedornai said:
Disco Ninja said:
You need human prisoners. Then, you go to Shayol Ghul, talk to guild master and exchange your prisoners for Trollocs (one human for one Trolloc).
OR exchange trolloc prisoners for trollocs - way more funny :grin:
That works too? Well, that's ironic, and yes - your right, way more funny. This way you give trollocs to feed trollocs so you can get trolloc recruits.  :lol:

Does anyone know why in custom battle my troop commands go all wonky? Every time I give the "fall back 10" command, my troops go forward. When I tell them to "hold position", they go like, 130 feet THEN hold. This doesn't happen in story mode tho.

Hey all,

I just wanted to stop in and briefly say hi.  I've been doing some modding lately, but I'll admit that I'm sort of getting derailed by a side project that's been brewing in my mind for a long time.  It's a smaller mod for Warband that I've been wanting to do, if only for my own enjoyment.  However, I haven't forgotten about TGS.  I just need to let the after-effects of the Last Battle die down a little before jumping back in full force.  :smile:

Thanks for answering the questions posted by the new comers!

mat

I've decided I didn't like AMoL

Wheel of Time for so long was this bleak hammer of ubiquitous evil waiting to fall on everything and then to get a 'typical' fantasy 'goodies win' ending is a little bit disappointing. At least in my retrospective opinion.

Could be a case of my not liking endings.. Well with 14? Books building towards the end I don't think it could have had justice done to it anyway.

If you don't like the ending of the book Then
Pretend you used a portal stone and went to another world where you found another more entertaining ending.
, happy now  :mrgreen:

Cairn Curio said:
If you don't like the ending of the book Then
Pretend you used a portal stone and went to another world where you found another more entertaining ending.
, happy now  :mrgreen:

Doesn't help. There's only one Dark One for all worlds and he got served. :sad:

Narcissa said:
I've decided I didn't like AMoL

Wheel of Time for so long was this bleak hammer of ubiquitous evil waiting to fall on everything and then to get a 'typical' fantasy 'goodies win' ending is a little bit disappointing. At least in my retrospective opinion.

Could be a case of my not liking endings.. Well with 14? Books building towards the end I don't think it could have had justice done to it anyway.

Hey, Jordan revealed years ago the good guys would win. It was always going to happen. It was just about who got killed off in the process, really...

I read in an interview with Sanderson somewhere that Jordan's notes concerning the last battle and the whole endgame were so specific they were almost complete chapters.

This mod is beyond awesome!
I've launched an invasion from the Westlands to civilize the barbarians from the Land of Madmen and in the process established the Order of the Fang, a moral ambiguous order, meant to bring back the initial meaning of the Dragon's Fang (or so it is claimed), and also provide a healthy competition to the white and black towers. As you can imagine Egwene isn't to pleased of this, especially since I managed to persuade Lan,  Nynaeve, Siuan and Garreth to desert her and join me. My next agenda is to try and convince the remaining Great Captains, and whoever I can from the ranks of the Forsaken, to join me. I'm also trying to up my relationship with Logain but besides them, what other powerful channelers/generals should I try to corrupt?

Also, how exactly does the One Power ammo work? Does it truly add to the channeling stamina? And if so, then shouldn't it be renamed "angreal/ser'angreal" ?

CrippledDragon said:
... what other powerful channelers/generals should I try to corrupt?

Well, that depends if you're chasing power or prestige. Anyway, these are some of guys I'd like to see on my side: Brigitte "Silverbow" and Gawyn Trakand of Andor, Davram Bashere of Saldaea, Tam al'Thor and Abell Cauthon of Two Rivers and, of course, Forsakens. Have you thought of marrying one of Forsaken female "generals" - Moghedien, Mesaana, Graendal or Semirhage?

OMG, wait a minute! Semirhage is missing!?!? WTF?  :cry:

Disco Ninja said:
CrippledDragon said:
... what other powerful channelers/generals should I try to corrupt?
these are some of guys I'd like to see on my side: Brigitte "Silverbow" and Gawyn Trakand of Andor, Davram Bashere of Saldaea, Tam al'Thor and Abell Cauthon of Two Rivers and, of course, Forsakens. Have you thought of marrying one of Forsaken female "generals" - Moghedien, Mesaana, Graendal or Semirhage?

I have no ideea how to marry another female general. Like, I tried with Berelain (had a kind of crush on her for a long time) using the affiliate to the family (that's how it's done, right?) option, but she only said she doesnt have any daughters for me. IS SHE THAT BLIND TO MY LOVE!?

PS: are rand's and mat's dads that good leaders?

CrippledDragon said:
I have no ideea how to marry another female general. Like, I tried with Berelain (had a kind of crush on her for a long time) using the affiliate to the family (that's how it's done, right?) option, but she only said she doesnt have any daughters for me. IS SHE THAT BLIND TO MY LOVE!?

If you want to marry female general, you have to be male character and you need to have good relationship with her (I think 20+ or so). And she mustn't to be married or have any daughters or sisters (so that she's only available and eligible family member on the market). Then, you approach her and ask if there is a way to "cement a lasting alliance with her house", she'll ask you if you're proposing her, you'll say yes (or no if you change your mind), and that's it.
Same procedure if you play as female character and want to marry a lord. As far as I know, there's no way to step into a gay marriage.  :razz:

Concerning Berelain, she's a very nice piece of ass, but you can't marry faction leader. You (or some other NPC faction) must destroy her faction, and then, she'll appear somewhere as a common general/lord. Only then, she'll be available for marriage. And don't forget that you need a good relationship with her.

Concerning old al'Tor and Cauthon, they are pretty decent leaders.

ZeroNoID said:
You should add free lancer

I agree.

Disco Ninja said:
CrippledDragon said:

If you want to marry female general, you have to be male character and you need to have good relationship with her (I think 20+ or so). And she mustn't to be married or have any daughters or sisters (so that she's only available and eligible family member on the market). Then, you approach her and ask if there is a way to "cement a lasting alliance with her house", she'll ask you if you're proposing her, you'll say yes (or no if you change your mind), and that's it.
Same procedure if you play as female character and want to marry a lord. As far as I know, there's no way to step into a gay marriage.  :razz:

Concerning Berelain, she's a very nice piece of ass, but you can't marry faction leader. You (or some other NPC faction) must destroy her faction, and then, she'll appear somewhere as a common general/lord. Only then, she'll be available for marriage. And don't forget that you need a good relationship with her.

Thanks!
But concerning faction leaders, after the children of the light got destroyed by the Seanchan, I rescued Galad from imprisonment with the hopes of convincing him to join me, but the dude didn't appear, and after a while it said that he has left the game  :cry:

Disco Ninja said:
ZeroNoID said:
You should add free lancer

I agree.

Me to.

CrippledDragon said:
Thanks!
But concerning faction leaders, after the children of the light got destroyed by the Seanchan, I rescued Galad from imprisonment with the hopes of convincing him to join me, but the dude didn't appear, and after a while it said that he has left the game  :cry:

Well, that's strange. Sooner or later defeated faction lords and leaders reappear and join random faction (sometimes even your). I didn't pay attention on that phenomenon so I don't know how it works, but if the game say that they're lost forever, then something is very wrong.

Back
Top Bottom