SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all I should say that this mod is loads of fun!  I haven't read the WoT series, but between playing this mod and taking cursory glances at the character/location profiles on the WoT wiki, I am pretty sure it's making the list of summer reading. The only buggy issue I seem to get is a massive amount of bandit spawn locations (hideouts). Sometimes I get clumps of 4 to 7 at a time all of which seem fully functional and lootable, though only one will trigger the "destroy a bandit lair" quest. Seems to be the case for all bandit types. Not sure if this is by design or not.  If it is something only I am getting I wouldn't worry too much, as it is likely just a result of me fidgeting with your mod.... I fidget.  Anyways thanks for the mod.

I think I can remember Mat saying he didn't understand the issue himself and that he doesn't know how the amount of bandit lairs are calculated some time ago.
But the massiv amounts in Arad Doman and in general westwards of the mountains of mists are not unlikely if you consider the series, where these areas are seen long time as very unstable and indeed full of bandits and "dragonsworn"

Because there are so many of them i just ignore the whole area around Arad Doman or just visit if I have to train some troops.

About the problem with fiefs not getting assigned: I've mentioned it some time ago, too, but think it just didn't get any response.
Although you can just ask one of the other lords or ladies about their opinion, the problem exists for the other factions, too. Thus you may can help your own faction, but not other factions.  There are a lot of fiefs not assigned and a lot of lords/ladies don't hold any fief and losing reputation to their king/queen and doesn't get any additional money, too.

Tumetsu said:
The End
of The Last Book of
The Wheel of Time​

Finished reading it last night and holy crap it was epic. Easily one of best books I've ever read. If someone hasn't read it yet, I recommend starting immediately.
PS. E-books are awesome

You are right. Very, very right.

****.  :shock:

Raubwurst said:
Thus you may can help your own faction, but not other factions, thus there are a lot of thiefs not assigned and a lot of lords/ladies don't hold any theif and losing reputation to their king/queen and doesn't get any additional money, too.

I'm sorry but I was confused for a second about what you meant, I'm almost certain you mean a fief, I don't know if you are using a different cultures spelling and if you are I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you mean a fief, not thiefs and theif. Just a note for the future.

I'm sorry. No it's only due to my bad english. Of course I meant "fiefs", should probably get used to reread and rethink my texts in english^^

----
I'm haven't finished reading the book yet, but so far (some where after the first third), I have to say it's great and I'm wondering how it will end, since everyone says it's really good.
And while reading yesterday I thought, too, that the Shadowspawn-invasion in our mod is a little bit too weak by comparison.
I don't know, but would it be possible, to increase the spawnrates of Trollocs after a certain amount of days? Increasing it from the start on would probably be too much. I think until the Last Battle it's just fine.

A possible feature I just thought of... Traveling by Gateway. There is already a cheat mechanic in the game for "warping" your party anywhere on the map; ctrl+click if you have cheats enabled. Around the beginning of The Fires of Heaven (in-game timeline), this option could become available for the player party IF they have at least one (conscious) Veteran Asha'man, Veteran Aes Sedai, or Dreadlord. It could be a camp menu option: Travel by Gateway (to any clickable point on the map). To account for how tiring this is for the channeler involved, it could have, say, a 1 in 5 chance of knocking the high-level channeler unconscious.

Vieira said:
Unless they had a talent for gateways (see: Androl Gernhald) then you could only travel to places you had already been. Tracking that may be a little difficult.

I've never noticed that limitation in the books. Having a decent map appears to be quite sufficient.

Actually, yeah. I got mixed up. It's that you can only travel if you know the places you want to go to and from well enough. I guess I just translated that to 'places you have been' as a game mechanic.

[me=Vieira]shrugs[/me]

Travelling you have to know where you are travelling from well or have traveled to there. Short jumps don't require it and this can be in universe exploited to instantly learn an area.

To use skimming (lesser form of travelling in some ways) you have to know where you're going. It's more like going through subspace on a hoverboard than the regular hole in the air leading to the destination that travelling is.

Jaaxter said:
A possible feature I just thought of... Traveling by Gateway. There is already a cheat mechanic in the game for "warping" your party anywhere on the map; ctrl+click if you have cheats enabled. Around the beginning of The Fires of Heaven (in-game timeline), this option could become available for the player party IF they have at least one (conscious) Veteran Asha'man, Veteran Aes Sedai, or Dreadlord. It could be a camp menu option: Travel by Gateway (to any clickable point on the map). To account for how tiring this is for the channeler involved, it could have, say, a 1 in 5 chance of knocking the high-level channeler unconscious.
That would be a tough one to implement I think as the AI factions would also need the ability to do so in order to retain balance.
It would make for some hectic action though with battles/sieges popping up all over from enemy armies teleporting instantly to your territory.

For Gateway traveling to not just cause mass mayhem and render front lines, supply lines, reinforcement routes, and trade routes completely useless, ter'angreal need to be implemented, or at least dreamspikes. Forcing players to lessen their armies and go on raids to get rid of dreamspikes would add a nice mechanic to the game if you want to travel all over the place, and if you don't play with channelers, it doesn't affect you anyway.

great mod, playing it right now.. just woundering whats the reinforcement waves? on both battles and siege. anoying in native when you have to start a battle over and over again

If you get a mod (BattleSizeChanger) and set it a good size above the native max level, all the reinforcement waves will come while you're still fighting instead of going back to the menu, meaning that if you've set up a kill zone, it will function for the entire fight. Honestly, I've never played this mod without a battle size changer.

cyrileom said:
If you get a mod (BattleSizeChanger) and set it a good size above the native max level, all the reinforcement waves will come while you're still fighting instead of going back to the menu, meaning that if you've set up a kill zone, it will function for the entire fight. Honestly, I've never played this mod without a battle size changer.

lol man thats not what im asking for and yes I also use battle sizer. use to set reinforcement waves with tweakmb but only work with so many mods etc and I dont know **** about doing it in the txt doc

Gwarv said:
That would be a tough one to implement I think as the AI factions would also need the ability to do so in order to retain balance.

Not necessarily.

Borderlands, Cairhien, Tear, Illian, The Children of the Light, Falme, Ghealdan, Tarabon, Altara, Far Madding, Murandy and Mayene, Two Rivers and The Band had no access to them in the books. Shadowspawn die when they pass through, and Trollocs are the overwhelming majority of forces they have. Some of the above had limited access granted by the Dragon in the form of Asha'man, but that was a Legion of the Dragon by proxy thing.

Seafolk and Seanchan didn't gain it til later points in the plot than most. Aiel always had it (at least one did) but I don't remember them ever using it until book 12 and they still preferred running about once they were in the right nation.

That leaves White Tower, The Legion of the Dragon and possibly Shara as the main users of travelling.

If dreamspikes were implemented they should only be for places they'd potentially be used.

The Black Tower, The White Tower, Shayul Gul, Rhuidean, Far Madding by default should remove chanellers from armies during sieges aswell as this. Cairhien or Caemlyn are 'maybes'

Generally places of power/capitals of chaneller rulers.

Although I have to raise the point that a small circle around a city won't stop travelling being a good move if you want to attack Tar Valon from Seander. Cuts the walk immensely.

Hey guys

Finished reading the final book last week, really amazing ending, I'm just a little upset that there are no more books, its like saying goodbye to a friend your never gonna see again... well, Until I pick up The Eye of the World again.

Just wondering how things were going with the mod and whether there were any interesting developments as well as whether Mat needs help with anything.

so yeah...

DarkAngel#1

Back
Top Bottom