SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

Lordly Warhorse is way too common, every horse merchant has 10 to 15 of them. Also it's name causes long names like Heavy Lordly Warhorse. I also found a Heavy Heavy Charger  :smile:

Tumetsu said:
Lordly Warhorse is way too common, every horse merchant has 10 to 15 of them. Also it's name causes long names like Heavy Lordly Warhorse. I also found a Heavy Heavy Charger  :smile:
Thanks for mentioning that.  That's another one of those things that I noticed, but forgot about.  I could probably change Heavy Charger to Shienar Charger or something like that.  The Lordly Warhorse issue is because there are eight varieties of lordly horses.  I'll have to lower their availability substantially.

Also, someone PM'ed me about a bunch of script errors that occur when you hire the recruiter.  Have any of you guys seen that?  The only script error I know about is the cf_reinforce_party error that throws when a faction takes a town/castle from another faction.  (I've fixed that in the in-progress files)  I played to the point where I was a member of the southlander coalition and was given a castle.  I was able to send out two recruiters to get troops.  I didn't see any errors.  Though the recruiter party got wiped out once.  Please let me know if you are having issues with the 'hire a recruiter' option for towns and castles.

For what it's worth, just got a crash in battle after using a weave to blow through some Trollocs.

Also, shouldn't the Legion (and most everyone else) be at war with the Shadowspawn?  I saw at least one faction sending a caravan to Shayol Ghul!

SiDeath said:
For what it's worth, just got a crash in battle after using a weave to blow through some Trollocs.

Also, shouldn't the Legion (and most everyone else) be at war with the Shadowspawn?  I saw at least one faction sending a caravan to Shayol Ghul!
Concerning the crash...  Do you have the latest patch: V0.2.4?  If so, crashing should be less frequent, but it still depends on the capability of your computer.

At 120 days and beyond, everyone will be at war with the Shadowspawn.  I wanted to let some of the politics from the early portion of the series play out before that.  Active war between the world and the Shadow basically starts at the Last Battle.  Before that, it's mainly just the Borderlands doing the work.

Beyond, the crash, I'm glad you are having fun.

(Also, if you made the last post on the forum, you can click modify to just add more text to that post.  I personally don't care about double-posting but I've seen some people who get all worked up about it.  It seems like a silly thing to get worked up about, assuming both of your posts are meaninful, but it happens.  Maybe it's covered in the forum rules.)

Thanks for the feedback!
mat

Alrighty! I've gotta say, I just joined up to say a huge thank you for working on something like this.

I was looking for a Single player Warband mod that incorporated muskets and pistols but then stumbled across this. And I'm amazed! Continue to do the good work my man! I've passed this along to a dozen or so of my mates who are avid fans of the series as well!

Good mod its a nice change from the usual M&b scenery , i only have one problem im at 220 day and NOTHING is happening lol .
The shadowspawn dont leave their city dont even bother to attack anyone the other factions are in endless peace with the occasional declaration of war on shadowspawn which are quickly followed by peace.

I was simply wondering if it was just me or if the mod was in that stage of development, thank you for the mod and looking foward to seeing more of it .

zCaine said:
Alrighty! I've gotta say, I just joined up to say a huge thank you for working on something like this.

I was looking for a Single player Warband mod that incorporated muskets and pistols but then stumbled across this. And I'm amazed! Continue to do the good work my man! I've passed this along to a dozen or so of my mates who are avid fans of the series as well!
Thanks for the encouragement, and for passing along word of the mod!  I plan to keep working at improvements as time and motivation allow.  And the motivation definitely comes from posts like this.  But, if something isn't working, feel free to let me know.

Notsure said:
Good mod its a nice change from the usual M&b scenery , i only have one problem im at 220 day and NOTHING is happening lol .
The shadowspawn dont leave their city dont even bother to attack anyone the other factions are in endless peace with the occasional declaration of war on shadowspawn which are quickly followed by peace.

I was simply wondering if it was just me or if the mod was in that stage of development, thank you for the mod and looking foward to seeing more of it .
Diplomacy stuff was one of the first things I did.  I probably need to take a look at it and see if I messed something up.  At 120 days, it's supposed to revert back to the way Native does diplomacy with the exception of all the other factions being at war with the Shadowspawn.

The mod is certainly in development, but I haven't been looking at that part recently.  I probably just coded it wrong in the first place.  :smile:

One question, did the Shadowspawn take two of the Borderland towns at day 120?  That should happen, but at that point, when I play, the Borderlands usually just take the towns back after a few weeks.  I might need to make the Shadowspawn armies a lot larger.  Or make them a bunch more generic lords/ladies.  Or this might be the 'lazy lord' glitch that older versions of M&B have where lords without towns/castles just hang out and don't do much.  I remember someone mentioning that.

thelight9 said:
good mod, the best i ever seen :grin:. there is a bug : lots of the lords have no cloth, no equipment.
No clothes? ... ... It's the Feast of Lights man...

You mean when you see them standing around in the towns/castles, right?  Yeah, I messed that up on accident when I outfitted them all without their indoor clothes.  I think it can be fixed fairly easily.  It's just monotonous work that makes me cringe.

Best ever, huh...  :smile:  Thanks for the compliment, but I'm guessing you might be a little biased.  :wink:  I am glad you like it.  Since none of the real game companies will get around to making a Wheel of Time game (well not since that one from 10 years ago), I thought I'd follow Feral's good example and make a mod.  He covered the original, so I'll do my best to keep the Warband users satisfied.

Yeah i think it might be a buggy game i got ive heard about the everlasting peace in multiple mods which is related to M&B not the mod itself so thats why i was asking ^^ no worries about it though . The shadowspawn did take the two towns but since everyone is against them they couldnt hold them off for too long hehe .

Keep up the good work

mat2rivs said:
but I'm guessing you might be a little biased.  :wink:  I am glad you like it.
i think you are right :lol:
anyway, i have some suggestions:1. tarangrils(i wrote it right?). even if it Will be just item that give you bonus(+skill,+attribute,etc.) it Will be great! 2. waygates. ability to teleport from one town to another, and from your camp to a town. maybe need a certain amount of channeling prof.(240?). 3. The True Power. if you beat moridin's party' you have a chance to loot his connection to the true power(cool waves and much more powerful then the original ones). if i Will have more i Will write them.

thelight9 said:
mat2rivs said:
but I'm guessing you might be a little biased.  :wink:  I am glad you like it.
i think you are right :lol:
anyway, i have some suggestions:1. tarangrils(i wrote it right?). even if it Will be just item that give you bonus(+skill,+attribute,etc.) it Will be great! 2. waygates. ability to teleport from one town to another, and from your camp to a town. maybe need a certain amount of channeling prof.(240?). 3. The True Power. if you beat moridin's party' you have a chance to loot his connection to the true power(cool waves and much more powerful then the original ones). if i Will have more i Will write them.

1. Its ter'angreal  :mrgreen: Anyway, although that is a good idea, I think it would be better if you have one, you will have a longer Mana bar.
2. You can already do that. With cheats  :lol:
3. True Power is only granted to those the DO finds worthy. You don't get it just by taking their connections  :wink:

Demonwolf said:
[2. You can already do that. With cheats  :lol:
3. True Power is only granted to those the DO finds worthy. You don't get it just by taking their connections  :wink:
1. but i want it without them :cry:
2. yyou mean there is a way to get the true power? :shock: how?????? :twisted:

thelight9 said:
Demonwolf said:
[2. You can already do that. With cheats  :lol:
1. but i want it without them :cry:
2. yyou mean there is a way to get the true power? :shock: how?????? :twisted:

2. Why waste your time scripting in something that is already in the game? PS if you teleport in this mod you get free xp.
3. There isn't in this mod. 'Cause we noobs who just came to Randland are not worthy of the DO's attention. Only those top dogs get TP. In fact, Moridin is the only Forsaken who can use TP. Rand got to use it 'cause DO was trying to convert him to the dark side, if you catch my drift.

actually, Rand can use the TR because his connection to Moridin(when they shot belfire on each other, they created it).

thelight9 said:
actually, Rand can use the TR because his connection to Moridin(when they shot belfire on each other, they created it).

And that too.

Sorry, it's been a while since I read WoT. Exams  :cry:
But the point is that not everyone gets to use TP.

Back
Top Bottom