the game just doesnt run... have no clue why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gethron: Dd you try running the game from an admin account?

Veritas24: It's either a malicious program, a trojan, etc, that is injecting the extra thread or one of your security programs. You can try analyzing your system with [utl=http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html]hijackThis[/url] and try starting up Windows without starting your antivirus/firewall.

Well, I don't have a virus/trojan/etc and I'm sorry, but no game is worth starting my system without AntiVirus and Firewall running...

I have the same problem as others, and here is the bugcheck thingy

---------------------------
Exception Information
Please, send the following codes to [email protected]. Thank you.

(press CTRL+C on this window to copy to clipboard)

Version = 1.00

CheckIN = 17487

CheckOUT = 17400

ProcIN = 1217

ProcOUT = 1217

ExitIN = 1126

ExitOUT = 0

OK

I have the same numbers as Jamsque, and the EXACT same thing happens, when I execute MB, it thinks, then never opens.
My thread on notepad is 1, and I read through this whole post looking for answers and nothing helps!

Hmm, i've had this startup problem a couple of times now.

You click the shortcut, nothing happens and the whole system is totally freezed. Even if i press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens.

The strange thing is, i have played M&B for a couple of days now (lots of hours) without a single problem!?
It was only earlier today this happened the first time (and i haven't changed anything in my system, nor have i installed any new software).
(In fact, the only thing i've done on my PC since i bought M&B, is play M&B... :grin: )
I think i've had this freeze problem three times, all of them today. But i have been able to start it two or three times today too???

There hasn't been any problems once i have got the game running, no ctd or low fps or such things.

I have an AMD64 3500, Geforce6800GT and WinXP SP2 btw.

Just a tip for the high security people:

You could always unplug the computer from the internet entirely, I too am quite reluctant to compromise my security but I've found that to be a safe and effective way to save on some system resources (yes my prosessor is THAT old). If I'm not completely wrong this metod could be applied here too?

Jinjo69 said:
I have the same problem as others, and here is the bugcheck thingy

Exception Information

Version = 1.00

CheckIN = 17487

CheckOUT = 17400

ProcIN = 1217

ProcOUT = 1217

ExitIN = 1126

ExitOUT = 0

OK

I have the same numbers as Jamsque, and the EXACT same thing happens, when I execute MB, it thinks, then never opens.
My thread on notepad is 1, and I read through this whole post looking for answers and nothing helps!
Damn. I figured this would have been fixed in the three weeks I was on holiday. Oh well.

Well :< I've got the same problem. Starting M&B... and then... nothing happens. No starting screen, etc.

I've got 2 threads when checking the thing with notepad.

Creating another account (I've tried all privilages) doesn't help.

I've uninstalled my antivirus and firewall software and replaced it with those, which are compatible with M&B - nothing.

I've tried to search for trojans and other "bad" stuff - ad-aware found nothing but some cookies...

Right now i'm downloading the taskmanager - maybe it'll help. I'll edit the post with result, and i'm waiting for Your help.
EDIT1:
Well... I think i've got a solution for ppl like me ;p. I've found on the internet GREAT antivir skaner - which is even online! It's scanning my drive for 10 mins, and found 8 trojans (which weren't detected by anti-spyware software):

http://skaner.mks.com.pl/

Unfortunetely for You it's polish version, but I do believe in Your language skills and intelligence, so u'll find out what-to-click (skanowanie = scanning and so on... :razz:)

EDIT2:

After complete scan made with above i've got rid of 17 trojans/spyware/adware whatever. Then i've restarted my comp and logged as a new user... There still were 2 threads with notepad, but i've tried to run the game anyway. And... Window popped up with an error message telling that i need to be an admin to run the game for the first time. "Great" - I thought and relogged to a new-admin-account to finally play the game. I've run the game and... nothing happened. Absolutetly nothing. I've relogged again to the user one - and then nothing happened too. No error message, nothing. Just like at the beginning of this story.

Please someone help?

I know! Jamsque and I need some love here, we have the identical problem! waaaaah!

I love this game, and I wanna play it at home dangit, cause my friends all have it and it teases me too much.

Release a new version for us! :!: :lol:

I downloaded this game yesterday. Installed it and tried running it off the shortcut. Nothing happened. I look at the Notepad option and my thread count was 1. I tried making a new log-in, no go.

I am not a tech savy computer person, so there is very little reason for me to lower my security products to run this product. My guess is I speak for a lot of people in that regard.

I would love to play the game that you put such obvious care and time into. Others seems to be enjoying it a great deal, I hope to be one of them.

I am sure at some point, someone will fix the code and provide a walk around to this problem. I know you want to make it easy to download, install , and run for everyone possible.

When the fix is in place, I would suggest releasing a new beta so that we can download the correct version once, without patches, and get started.

Please post your progress on this problem, there hasn't been much movement on this thread for a couple of weeks. I will check back and cross my fingers that this issue is resolved soon, before I lose interest and look for other games.

Sincerely-

neg

I have the same problem. It simply refuses to start. I play all sorts of other games on that computer and they work just fine. It's only M&B that gives such a problem.

I still ended up buying the game though, 'cause it works just fine on my other computer. Well, except for a couple of bugs with shooting people off of their horses.

This problem's been consistant for several months it seems.

All of these solutions to fix it rarely work, or are just unreasonable. (Creating a new account every time you want to play? Restarting the computer every time?)

For the people who paid their 12$ or so for this game, they should be recieving a good deal of help from the Developers to fix this problem. I haven't seen any feed back from any lately regarding this problem.

In anycase. I'm dealing with the same problem, how can I fix it?

I played M&B for a while and now it suddenly won't get to the first screen...I get a "mountandblade.exe" process in the Task Manager (I'm running XP SP2) each time I try and run the game.

My thread count for the notepad thing is 1, and here's my bugcheck info...

Exception Information

Version = 1.00

CheckIN = 1100

CheckOUT = 1013

ProcIN = 1217

ProcOUT = 1217

ExitIN = 0

ExitOUT = 0

OK

The ExitIN line being different from the most frequent set of numbers...:sad:

I'm not going to try disabiling any security programs, however I will try restarting in a couple of hours (other stuff to do).

I don't think we are ever going to see a solution to this problem. It has been present for months now and nothing has been done, why would that change now?

While it probably won't help I have the same problem.
Notepad threads 1, deactivating virus scanner etc. doesn't help as does creating a new account or restarting and not even bugcheck or showcode does work (nothing happens)

No information in the event viewer and when doble cliked mount&blade shows up for a tiny moment in the task manager before vanishing again.

So we have waited patiently with the hope that when a new version was released that the issues here would have been addressed, but still it doesnt work and with the same problems as before. I would gladly give you my money if you sorted this out, as i am sure many others would. You dont even reply anymore, you just seem to ignore us now. Dont you get it? we want to play your game and without compromising our security and it is wrong for you to expect us to shut this and that down just because you have chosen some dodgey (non pc friendly) security software.

It's a shame that such a raved game is going to be deprived to possibly thousands of paying customers all because the developer has paid for some maliscious (and yes it is maliscious) security program just to protect his interest (which in part i dont blame you, but i think you failed to check it out properly first). It obviously cant be all that popular amongst developers as this is the only game or application that i havent been able to run.

So i guess i should probably give up on this game as it looks as though nothing is going to change that will allow me to play it.
what a disappointment!

I hear you. Tried the new version and it's exactly the same. Turned off my conection to the internet and dissabled my firewall but to no avail.
Heard about this game in may and still not able to play. Bizarre situation,me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom