The game is getting better

Users who are viewing this thread

I did not play for some days because of the hard work, and I have played today. What I have to say is that I am surprised in the good way. The game is getting better and better. Now I start loving even the graphics (more variety, very nice animations, better textures).

It didn't seem any different when I played it less than an hour ago:

The graphics are great, but the combat is stuck in the Stone Age.

The game hasn't had a major patch in 3 weeks, and it's not like multiplayer specifically has had any significant updates since the start of EA, so I'm not really sure how someone can feel the game has improved greatly in the past few days or even since March.

I started enjoying multiplayer for some reason. I think it's because I stopped 'fighting' and just go for the cheap shots. I think I also learned to accept I only have limited control over my character.

Of course once the cav gets out of hand I start hating it again. I hit a galloping horse on the head with a two handed axe and it doesn't even flinch, or worse, the rider's shield blocks it even though it's 3 feet behind the horse's head.

But I no longer despise the combat. It ain't no Warband, but I can play for an hour or two.

Oh, and I was always fine with the ranged. It always seemed much less cancerous than in Warband.

I don't really see much difference from when it was released- the majority of updates have to do with SP. Supposedly they have patched a bunch of crashes, but every few matches the game crashes at some point or another.
I am hoping that mebbe 1.5.0 will be MP focused update. Would love the classic "Battle" mode. that hopefully resuscitates the MP population to a more normal and enjoyable level.
I honestly can't wait until MP mods and servers for those mods come out. That is what made Warband MP fun for me

There is nothing like a battania cav fool charging 150 spears & rabbles moshpit on front at the beginning of a round!

But then I just got off GK server and had waaaaay more fun. Got my preferred loadout on each faction, was able to kill cav, and had some hair raising melee combat.

And I'll be honest; I hated GK server when I was forced to go there when cRPG died. But I'd rather have fun with archaic graphics than play an awkward annoying game that looks awesome.

I started enjoying multiplayer for some reason. I think it's because I stopped 'fighting' and just go for the cheap shots. I think I also learned to accept I only have limited control over my character.

Of course once the cav gets out of hand I start hating it again. I hit a galloping horse on the head with a two handed axe and it doesn't even flinch, or worse, the rider's shield blocks it even though it's 3 feet behind the horse's head.

But I no longer despise the combat. It ain't no Warband, but I can play for an hour or two.

Oh, and I was always fine with the ranged. It always seemed much less cancerous than in Warband.
Pretty sure thats the first stages of Stockholm syndrome

Back
Top Bottom