The Eagle & The Radiant Cross Artwork

Users who are viewing this thread

If you guys want I could probably cook up a vivid written description of what Vienna would look like. Of course, you guys have to give some details. Vague details, if you will. If you describe everything then what's left for my imagination?  :lol:

Fugly Industrial district crawling with dirt and mass production.

Massive grain granary a la Stalingrad Grain Silo.

I always thought there should be a Brandenburg Gate-like thing inside Vienna, and now that FuryFire said there is an inner wall I'm tempted to write something about a rainy night battle involving it.

Big ass Cathedral.

Big ass Citadel.

Erm.. Big ass town square?

Okay suppose Vienna is Dante's version of Paradiso. Nine circles of heaven? Since the center circle would be the castle of the Emperor plus the lords, relay the position of these locations. 1 being the Emperor's housing plus the nobles, 9 being the houses directly underneath the wall.

e.g. If:
1 = Emp + Nobles
2 = Clergy
3 = Lower Nobles/Rich Middle Class
4/5 = Middle Class and Rich craftsmen and people with a trade in the city, trading district.
6 = Rich Lower Class
7 = general lower class
8 = Industrial area, the workforce for that.
9 = s***** slums under the wall

Then:
Fugly Industrial District = Industrial Area = 8.
Grain Granary.. dunno, probably 5 so it's near the warehouses where the stuff comes in.
Brandeburg Gate thing: Where inner city walls meet a major road near the higher parts of the city. 5-3?
Cathedral: 2 but on a hill?
Citadel: Technically 1 but on a large outcrop dominating the city?
Town Square: Anywhere which is relatively prosperous.

@Boomie, sounds good, if you'll tell that story backwards  :wink: (i have few ruined cathedrals,gates and the such to complement it). I have one request, if you can please avoid oblivion cities
(symmetrical as in the game oblivion)

you can use this as reference , For example Aach.

Boomie said:
If you guys want I could probably cook up a vivid written description of what Vienna would look like.

challenge-accepted-28639-1291781762-6.jpg

I got this.

I have some experience with city description. And I guess it would be proper to make the current city before I start on the ancient city.  :razz:

if you wish, after all you called it first. i wish i had some real life this job is sucking me dry with boredom, who would have thought that getting paid for doing nothing can be so depressing  :sad:

anyho, here some JanBoruta modified, laurian pike line:
ou5i4i.jpg

iirc Spanish(lauria) Tercios was ridiculously thick with up to 12 ranks (which always seemed stupid to me but hey, they kicked ass) their European counterparts where shallower iirc 6-8 ranks(?)

i can make as many of them as you want, the only reason i made only two lines, was to make it look good, my little clone army was looking way to precise...  if you havent figured it out, this one man army, taken from here:
mortarqp4.jpg

Well, maybe those two are worse than my previous works from two years ago. I leave the judgement to you. :smile:

A wiev of Vienna. Quite a dramatic one, and more hilly than the terrain on the campaign map where the city is placed... but I think it can be. The structure on the top of the hill is the Emperor's Palace, while the twin-towered temple on the market square below is the Archcathedral of the Swiadian Church.
teatrcvienna.jpg

The Laurian Armada in Tihr harbour is presented to Queen Imelda. I know the architecture might look a little crooked, but it's hard to draw details on A5 paper.
teatrctihr.jpg

Hope you like them!

Regards,
Tom. :smile:

Nice to see your drawing again Jan. I wish the in-game cities looked as cool as your drawings.

Awesome all around! I think I can see why EATRC wouldn't be the same without your imagination and skills  :smile:

Do wonder tho. Is the palace allowed to be taller than the cathedral? Smells like blasphemy!

Back
Top Bottom