The Eagle and the Wolves original thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "Camulod" used elsewhere?  Any where at all?  And does being "close" to the name really count?  You're right of course about content, but that can be easily changed.

Dudro said:
Is "Camulod" used elsewhere?  Any where at all?  And does being "close" to the name really count?  You're right of course about content, but that can be easily changed.

I'm almost entirely certain that 'Camulod' is Whyte's invention.

Just change it to Camelot, make it a generic Arthurian mod, and change all the character names, maybe?

I don't actually think Whyte trademarked 'Camulod'... Though his series is often referred to as the Camulod Chronicles, the name itself is a derivative of the Roman town of Camulodnum, just northeast of Londinium. I'm pretty sure you could get away with it.

Also: forgot to mention... Wouldn't Hadrian's Wall be sweet in this mod? How would one go about dropping in a wall the breadth of an entire continent into M&B?

Patrol thing?

And yes, I have thought about the idea of having to take detours to the gates or other access points in Hadrian's Wall, but I', clueless as to how to implement such a thing.

Dudro said:
Patrol thing?

And yes, I have thought about the idea of having to take detours to the gates or other access points in Hadrian's Wall, but I', clueless as to how to implement such a thing.

I don't think it'd fit, the Wall would've been abandoned by the Romano-British for a long time if Northymbroland's already been established, so you'd pretty much be able to cross wherever you like. Though you could just make a strip of terrain that slows you down a fair bit, as it'd still be a job getting over.

EDIT: And if you do include Hadrian's Wall, don't forget the Antonine Wall.

Herby said:
Dudro said:
Patrol thing?

I don't think it'd fit, the Wall would've been abandoned by the Romano-British for a long time if Northymbroland's already been established, so you'd pretty much be able to cross wherever you like. Though you could just make a strip of terrain that slows you down a fair bit, as it'd still be a job getting over.

EDIT: And if you do include Hadrian's Wall, don't forget the Antonine Wall.

Northymbralond is Vortigern's kingdom in this mod though, not the later Anglo-Saxon kingdom, so the Wall might still be garrisoned. There is some (admittedly unreliable) evidence that Saxon mercenaries were settled in the region of the wall under Octha and Ebissa, allegedly Hengist's sons or cousins, to fight the Picts.

And the Antonine Wall is the Roman Wall between the Forth and Clyde estuaries in Scotland. Abandoned after about AD160, but it would still be an imposing earth rampart.

Huh.  Anyways, good news!  I got custom battles working, so I'm gonna start a new poll.

Currently the five factions are;
Romans
Roman-Britons
Cambrians
Picts
and Saxons
Just vote for your favorite faction.
And I think I'm gonna change the name to The Eagle and the Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom