The Dream Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Spain as a faction with Walloon Guards, Guerrillas, and Volunteer Infantry.  More equipment for the factions along with more units , detachable bayonets, and much more music.  Other than that I also want naval combat as that played a major role during this time.  I hope they have fully functional ships where you can have 10 or more people per ship and ram each other when needed. 

I'd like to see more countries (Spain, Greece (War of Independence), etc.), naval warfare and more battlefields!

The Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt they fought the Ottomans at first then allied with them, and the mamluks lost against Napoleon's invasion

And like the rest, the Ottoman Sultanate

i might start my own project to add both factions to NW, ive already listed all classes for both sides, but im currently learning all the steps to make mods for MBNW

Heres the prob we all like to have faction variety like in NTW but the problem is theres no more memory for all that stuff if there was Vince would surely had added more stuff in but its the memory of it that destroys it it would make an unstable version so i prefer having a stable version

BetaKnight said:
Heres the prob we all like to have faction variety like in NTW but the problem is theres no more memory for all that stuff if there was Vince would surely had added more stuff in but its the memory of it that destroys it it would make an unstable version so i prefer having a stable version

As i am a coding noob maybe i have what i am saying is terrebly untrue, but i don't think having having diffrent factions playable in a mod takes any of the engines memory. The things that use the engines memory are the things on the screens and all the codes the engine is prossessing. So if you are playing as prussia vs britain those factions and all the codes pertaining to those factions are active. But the codes for a faction which are inactive don't change game performance at all...

Ain't I correct... to be honest I'm not sure myself...

Well I cant code big things but thats what i heard from vince the suggestions thread.
but yeah he might explain a little easier

The United Netherlands... I can always dream :mrgreen:

I'd like to see the 112th Line Infantry as a French regiment

And physics such as dismemberment and ragdolls for when artillery hits

Bleeding and visible wounds when people are bayonetted, clubbed, slashed, and/or shot

The ability to stab dead bodies and still hear the stabbing sounds for the br00tality

Maddii said:
The Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt they fought the Ottomans at first then allied with them, and the mamluks lost against Napoleon's invasion

i might start my own project to add both factions to NW, ive already listed all classes for both sides, but im currently learning all the steps to make mods for MBNW

i was reading this thread and i couldt help but stop and comment on this :smile: are you including the turkish Niam cedit infantry? there cool or maybe some bashi bazouks as militila and awesomeness :grin: ARMED with nothing but a yaghatnag

Cosmic_Nate said:
Maddii said:

i was reading this thread and i couldt help but stop and comment on this :smile: are you including the turkish Niam cedit infantry? there cool or maybe some bashi bazouks as militila and awesomeness :grin: ARMED with nothing but a yaghatnag

Lol, first of all, it's called a Yataghani. The small sword curved forward for extra percussive damage. The Nizam Cedit infantry were more or less elite infantry. They were equipped with the best Turkish muskets made, and had melee capabilities unseen in the eastern reach of Europe. The ottomans played little to no part in the "Napoleonic Wars", other than butt-hump the Austrians while they were fighting Napoleon and his Grandee Armee. So, have the Ottoman Turks in NW would make no sense whatsoever.

As for the topic of the thread, if you'd want to add a good faction to NW, or two, my choices would simply be these:

2 factions allied with Napoleon.

[Puppet] Kingdom of Spain:
Elite Infantry - Walloon Guard Infantry (Inf. Musket, Inf. Sabre)
Line Units - Grenadiers (Inf. Musket, Inf. Sabre), Provincial Line Militia (Inf. Musket or Cav. Musket), Conscripted Line Infantry (Inf. Musket, Inf. Sabre), Guerrilla Volpenas Infantry (Inf. Musket or Cav. Musket, random chosen sabres, daggers, sickles, swords, rapiers, etc.)
Light/Skirmish - Guerrilla Cazadore Infantry (Cav. Musket, random chosen sabres, daggers, sickles, swords, rapiers, etc.), and Conscripted Light Infantry (Inf. Musket or Cav. Musket or Rifle, and a Inf. Sabre)
Cavalry - Guerrilla Madrid Dragones (Cav. Musket or Cav. Carbine, random chosen sabres, daggers, sickles, swords, rapiers, etc., Light Horse), Husares (Line Cav. Sabre, RIFLE, Light Horse), Conscript Lanceros (Lance, Cav. Sabre, Light Horse), Cuirassier Regiment (Heavy Cav. Sword, Medium Horse) {The Spanish did not have good horses, thus the use of light horses primarily would show for their lack of quality breeds}
Special - Foot Artillery, Engineers
General - La Romana by Vicente Lopez y Portaña

Batavian Republic (Kingdom of Holland):
Elite Infantry - None! They had no elite infantry, they could not afford the upkeep.
Line Units - Dutch Grenadier Battalion (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Van Waldeck Infantry (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Basic Line Infantry (Inf. Musket), Nassau Infantry (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet)
Light/Skirmish - 4th Niederlander Lichte Infanterie Regiment (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Nassau Jaeger Division (Rifle, Sword Bayonet)
Cavalry - Dragonen (Cav. Carbine, Cav. Sabre, Medium Horse), Hussaren (Heavy Cav. Sabre, Light Horse) {Just like the Prussian Hussars in MM}, Dutch Lancers (Lance, Cav. Sabre), Dragonen van Sherr (Cav. Musket or Cav. Carbine, Cav. Sabre, Light Horse), Cuirassier (Heavy Cav. Sword, Heavy Horse)
Special - Foot Artillery, ROCKET Artillery, Pioneeren
General - Governor-General Jan Willem Janssens

In addition to adding these two factions, more units should be added to the current factions, for example:
Great Britain - Highland Light Foot, Fencible Foot, 15th Hussars, and Royal Scots Greys Horse Guards (Yes, elite cavalry!)
Kingdom of Prussia - 8th Life Regiment of Infantry, Towarcyz Lancers, and Rocket Artillery.
Kingdom of Russia - Moscow Musketeer Infantry, Cossack Infantry (just above militia status, but just under Line Infantry status as well), Bosniak Cavalry (NW's first BOW Cavalry! These men were excellent, and fast, skirmish cavalry, they were formed of Hungarians, Ukrainians, Crimeans, etc.) and Pavlograd Hussars should replace the current hussars.
Kingdom of Austria - Archduke Charles Legion (This is an elite infantry unit), Archduke Ferdinand's Cuirassiers (More elite cavalry!).
Empire of France - Dutch Guard Grenadiers, Bataillon de Marins de la Garde Imperiale, Polish Guard Lancers.

Maddii said:
Elite Infantry - None! They had no elite infantry, they could not afford the upkeep.
Line Units - Dutch Grenadier Battalion (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Van Waldeck Infantry (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Basic Line Infantry (Inf. Musket), Nassau Infantry (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet)
Light/Skirmish - 4th Niederlander Lichte Infanterie Regiment (Inf. Musket, Sabre Briquet), Nassau Jaeger Division (Rifle, Sword Bayonet)
Cavalry - Dragonen (Cav. Carbine, Cav. Sabre, Medium Horse), Hussaren (Heavy Cav. Sabre, Light Horse) {Just like the Prussian Hussars in MM}, Dutch Lancers (Lance, Cav. Sabre), Dragonen van Sherr (Cav. Musket or Cav. Carbine, Cav. Sabre, Light Horse), Cuirassier (Heavy Cav. Sword, Heavy Horse)

The amount of crap in this is...TOO DAMN HIGH.

Vicccard said:
Maddii said:

The amount of crap in this is...TOO DAMN HIGH.

How do you figure? I think it's fine. It's a realistic amount of things too...

Back
Top Bottom