SP Medieval Musket Era The Death of the Renaissance 1524-1546 [On Hold for Warband]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuz of lazyness, I haven't cared to search the rest of the topic for the same as what I am about to write, so here goes;
When will it be realesed?

NordMann 2

Palos said:
This mod looks more than promising - the Renaissance period, Italy, tercio, Landsknechts, Swiss mercenaries, armour making at its best, Charles V, Francis I,firearms...

A couple of questions:

1. How many Italian states do you intend to include in the mod?

2. BTW the tercio system is awesome. How can be recruited such a composite unit?

3. Will you include cannons?

Great work!

First of all thank you for those scans of books.
And also thanks for everyone's support.

1. There are currently 5 factions(Holy Roman Empire, Kingdom of France, Papal States, Republic of Venice and "Italian City States").

The Italian States currently includes the ducal factions of "Este", "Gonzaga" and "Della Rovere" and every other independent states of the period. Those states are, by name, parts(or at least allies) of the Papal State but they are not under direct control of the pope.
In fact, when Charles V's army marched for Rome, these states did nothing to stop it and instead allowed them to pass through their territory unopposed, which subsequently resulted in the Landsknechts' sack of Rome.

They are currently grouped together as the faction "Italian City States" because they did not fight amongst themselves during the period and are quite similar in nature. I might make them seperate later in development, but it's not a priority.

2. The Tercios can only be formed with "Spanish Arquebusiers"(only the spanish used pike and shot widely at that time). You get the arquebusiers from spanish recruits which you recruit from "barracks"(arenas) in both major and minor cities, like all other "state troops".

3. I will do my best to get cannons into the game. I have experimented with various ways of making a cannon troop but when they die it looks very awkward(the cannons become vertical!!). I saw someone had made a functional "Ballista", so there is actually hope of getting a cannon that can damage multiple troops and can be used by the player.
Cannons will be included one way or another, but maybe not in the first version.

To Nikephoros, if you have something 16th century(a helmet maybe?) I would really appreciate it. I don't have anything specific right now, though. I might ask you later if I really need something. By the way do you know scripting?

To Chechen, I did not make the helmet, but edited it from a helmet made by "kelavis". I retextured it, made the visor seperate from the main helmet and added the plume.
(Particle shader was off and texture was 10% when I took the screenshots so everything looks a bit sloppy)

To Nordmann 2, the MODULE SYSTEM is not released by armagan yet. I can't port it to 1.003 until the Module System is released because that's where I put the mod into(kind of). Once the Module System is out it may take only a few weeks after that if everything goes smoothly.

NordMann 2 said:
Cuz of lazyness, I haven't cared to search the rest of the topic for the same as what I am about to write, so here goes;
When will it be realesed?

NordMann 2

There is no exact date, for the module system is not even out yet.
And I'd restrain from asking that question, for everyone gets pissed.

And now for the classic cliche "It'll be released when its released."

Fall of Denial said:
"It'll be released when its released."
thanks...

I don't really like that phrase, though.

I'll try to give everyone estimates and progress reports as often as possible as soon as I'm able to.
But right now the Module System is non existent and I can't make any guesses when I can get my hands on it.

Anyways, it should go more like:
"I'll tell you when it'll be released when I can tell you when it'll be released(after the module system comes out)"

[/quote]

"I'll tell you when it'll be released when I can tell you when it'll be released(after the module system comes out)"
[/quote]

Now sir, that is a good one. And aw some screenshots on first page:smile:

And nice aqubiser/pike formation too. I hope the aqubeiser wont be extremely accurate for in reality were very unreliable.

Hello Gallus.

Nikephoros, Can you model some knee lenght pleated skirts (KNown as bases)  worn over men-at-arms´plate armour as shown in this image and as used by men-at-arms and knights during the first half of the XVI century?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gendarme_(historical)

Thanks.

Gallus Domesticus said:
They are currently grouped together as the faction "Italian City States" because they did not fight amongst themselves during the period and are quite similar in nature. I might make them seperate later in development, but it's not a priority.

that's not even necessary. just have slightly different troops for each of the major city states, so you'd be able to have patrolling (non-lord) armies called "[City state] Army" and the troops would all have a similar uniform.

cool_guy said:
Gallus Domesticus said:

that's not even necessary. just have slightly different troops for each of the major city states, so you'd be able to have patrolling (non-lord) armies called "[City state] Army" and the troops would all have a similar uniform.
Hmmmm....
Well currently the City States use Itallian mercenaries. By then state troops in Italy are usually there to defend cities against attacks while the campaigns are faught by condottieri mercenaries.
Venice is an exeption and had major state armies, but the duchies usually hired mercenaries.

Patrolling armies are very interesting. I should find a way to enable the player to build non-lord armies by putting troops into it and telling it what to do(like patrol area etc) while the other cities could make their own patrolling armies using random troops from the cities' garrison.

i would like to help. i've a bunch of renaissance items, plus some other stuff of this period. i can help with textures too.

I just put up a list of units for the mod. If there is a unit that you want in the mod please discuss it in this thread.

There are units that I am considering not to put into the mod and they are marked "(disputable)". If you do or do not want those units to be included please discuss in this thread.

To Mylae, Awsome! anything even related to Renaissance would help me a lot.

i noticed you dont have much for the HRE so here some is.
here is a sight about landsknechts which who fought for the HRE during the renaissance period they are also known as mercenaries though.  http://militaryhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/landsknechts_colorful_mercenaries_
hope it helps

also here is some info on the HRE in general including their armies and such
http://home.comcast.net/~rumtigger2/Nations/roman.htm#army

Very cool looking mod. I especially like the big map and long spear-fighting Landsknechts :razz:.

About the marked units

- you could drop  venetian archers - becoming obsolete
                                        romagnol pikeman - failed attempt to match their foreign counterparts

- you could keep  swiss crossbowmen - average firepower for the formation
                                        ducal cavalry - can be useful for the italian factions

Is possible to include condottieri (maybe like companions, recruitable by all factions)?

Palos said:
About the marked units

- you could drop  venetian archers - becoming obsolete
                                        romagnol pikeman - failed attempt to match their foreign counterparts

- you could keep  swiss crossbowmen - average firepower for the formation
                                        ducal cavalry - can be useful for the italian factions

Is possible to include condottieri (maybe like companions, recruitable by all factions)?

Wooot someone used the banner :smile: Thanks Palos

...The reason I'm considering keeping Venetian Archers is because it's the only archer unit left in the game.. The bow hasn't become obsolete until the late 16th century though their usage drastically declined. The English army actually hung on to it for quite a while.

Condottieri as companions/lords would be very interesting. I should make a system of say 5 state lords and 15 mercenary lords that can be convinced to switch states..

rangerlove said:
i noticed you dont have much for the HRE so here some is.
here is a sight about landsknechts which who fought for the HRE during the renaissance period they are also known as mercenaries though. 
The reason that there is only 2 troops for HRE is that the Empire consists of united German states, Austria, and Spain united under Emperor Charles V. HRE's armies are mostly Landsknechts and Spanish. The only thing uniquely Imperial I can think of is the cavalry(Man at Arms)..
I might give them some guard troops?

Woah nice!
Must be the first mod ever made of Italy.
Im really liking those Knights in the picture
But, yeah... aren't those pikes a little too long  :shock:

1st of all, must say it looks awesome.

Gallus Domesticus said:
To Mylae, Awsome! anything even related to Renaissance would help me a lot.
regarding renaissance armor and stuff, there were some really beautifull pieces in Pirates of Calradia mod for .903 called "spanish armor". guess, it might help you.

SellSword said:
But, yeah... aren't those pikes a little too long  :shock:

as stated by wiki: "A pike is a pole weapon, a very long thrusting spear used two-handed..."

Bad-war.jpg

Gallus Domesticus said:
The reason that there is only 2 troops for HRE is that the Empire consists of united German states, Austria, and Spain united under Emperor Charles V. HRE's armies are mostly Landsknechts and Spanish. The only thing uniquely Imperial I can think of is the cavalry(Man at Arms)..
I might give them some guard troops?

sure sounds good. understand now why you dont have any HRE troops. Guard troops sound good.

Gallus, what are your plans regarding the quests and the player's interaction with his/other factions?

Are you going to include diplomatic options for the factions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom