The Dark Knights

Users who are viewing this thread

DK can easily be defeated.

In my game they have invaded Swadia they have captured all their towns and Nords and Rhodoks finished the Swadians by capturing their castles.
In this campaign me and my faction the Vaegirs are the only one at war with them so we are always buzy, buzy running away mostly, but the resistance began and i am capturing their towns one by one and again and again,  i have captured each town but dhirim at least 20+ times, to do so this si rather easy, just use bowmen, i have a squad of 60 master bowmen + some ivory bowmen and just clean the walls, shoot their bowmen first then finish the armeless knights, do not fight them in the open. day after day i am weakening them and at a time they need to spend some times in town to recover and in town they are doomed!
I have captured 5 lords so fare i only miss Lady Larkin and a couple of her henchmen but Larkin own 800 men + Dhirim, her last town and Dhirim should be a pain in the rear because you need to build a siege tower no speedy ladders..
And with 800 men she will never remain in town so i must weaken her by pulling the vaegirs army on her or rather pulling Larkin on the wreck of the vaegir army hopefully we are not at war with the Kergits anymore. I have been well rewarded, with Praven and Reyvadin ^^ Btw the DK appeared around day120 and i am now at day180, i am lvl 24, my army max size is 127  mostly made of Vaegir master bowmen (90+), 10 heroes and some meat shield (master bowmen are much cheaper than ivory bowmen. )

i did the exact same thing. in my game larktin is the only DK survivor, she has no fiefs and she won't even try to besiege a town. all she does is run around raiding villages. she can't attack anyone because she's too slow (600 troops + 800 prisoners) and everyone runs from her, even queen katilus with her 800 troops. i atacked her once with queen katilus and i lost while killing just a few DKs. i tried again with "order your troops to attack...", i lost again and killed about 20 DKs. now i'm building up my troops and waiting for an opportunity

you said they can be defeated easily - i can't wait to see your "easy" victory over lady larktin  :wink:
btw, what difficulty are you playing at?

brzi said:
i did the exact same thing. in my game larktin is the only DK survivor, she has no fiefs and she won't even try to besiege a town. all she does is run around raiding villages. she can't attack anyone because she's too slow (600 troops + 800 prisoners) and everyone runs from her, even queen katilus with her 800 troops. i atacked her once with queen katilus and i lost while killing just a few DKs. i tried again with "order your troops to attack...", i lost again and killed about 20 DKs. now i'm building up my troops and waiting for an opportunity

you said they can be defeated easily - i can't wait to see your "easy" victory over lady larktin  :wink:
im playing on medium right now,but this even works in hard
get rhodok sharpshooters around 50
and around 80/90 calvary swadian
maybe some 60 rhodok pikeman too

but now,
1st line pikeman (to stop the horses ramming through)
2nd line sharpshooter
now let your calvary follow you  make a big circle around the dk and when your behind them let your calvary charge in theyr backs.

Things are going wrong, i have captured Dhirim but i lost it again soon after.
More & more lords are joining the dark knights especially since Swadia as been obliterated, i have captured 9  DK lords well 8 since one ran away..
Still no one is declaring war on the DK.
The good news i have liberated 5 Vaegirs lords by capturing Dhirim.
Obviously the DK are not attacking Praven Suno and xtown anymore they stay focused on Dhirim and Vaegir main town.
Larkin stack is down to 650, i am trying to drag her on Vaegir remains army but i need to have Larking following me and the vaegir army to be all stacked and attacking something so i can drag her on their stack and then outruning Larkin. before scatering the army will stand 2 sec this ist he right time to "release" larkin, then join the fight and use the fast combat system, this is a litle frustrating but otherwise she is just butchering everything.
My difficulty rating must be rather average to easy, but not the easiest. couched lances are still killing me in one hit, javelins 2, bolts 2 arrows 3
and imho the same tactic still work at a higher lvl (i will try later today)

Xprez said:
brzi said:

but now,
2nd line sharpshooter
now let your calvary follow you  make a big circle around the dk and when your behind them let your calvary charge in theyr backs.

You may kill the first pack but still they will kill many of your men and their second pack will wipe your army. imho

Xprez said:
brzi said:

but now,
2nd line sharpshooter

during my first game as a Swadian, i killed them rather quickly and easily by trapping their leaders in towns, i killed them with xbows & bows only and after capturing all their town Larking and her 500 strong army was not moving anymore, well not fare, i managed to drag her on a Rodhok army and 1650 rodhoks + me = painfull victory (fast combat)

I note all of you say that swadians have been defeated, mainly by Dark Knights. That's surprising, in my game Swadian is weakened but refuse submission. They now own Praven and Yalen, plus 6 or 7 castles near Yalen but also near Dhirim. When DK invaded day 150, they attacked Sarranids and Rhodoks (I was Hakim's vassal) and took Dhirim, Uxkhal, Veluca, and then Halmar and Yalen. (By the way, I see it's different from a game to another, and This is good!^^) ; a bit after, then lost many towns, and they didn't manage to encroach upon the Sarranid Sultanate's territory (thanks to me, in a way^^ Yes, I want to push away DK ! out of Calradia!! ).

Now I have betrayed the sarranids  :twisted: , I do own 2 towns, and DK own Veluca, Dhirim and Uxkhal. Rhodoks only own Jelkala. I wonder if they will be defeated... Each capital now contains 120+ elite troops  :sad: How will I take Praven with 90 paladins and 80 priests !?

By the way, Larkin "only" owns 300 troops, I think.

Heh that's different for me. The moment they came, they immediately started attacking the Kingdom of Nords which I was a vassal of and the Kingdom of Vaegirs. I drove them out of Tihr after I renounced my vassalage  :twisted: to create my own faction. Of course the only problem was that I was still close to the DKs so I had to fight Lord Grife with his 300 troops. Needless to say it took me all 700 of my men to take him down.
I lost about a third of my army, but I got awesome dark armor. Afterwards, I finally managed to get a peace treaty with Lady Larktin who lead her dark knights to conquer Khudan and Rivacheg.

MrBlitz said:
I drove them out of Tihr after I renounced my vassalage  :twisted: to create my own faction.
Good, eh, MrBlitz ?  :wink:  It's the best moment of the game, I find.

I think DK always declare war to the best two kingdoms at the time they arrive. So, if the player is a vassal, it's natural the player's kingdom is one of the best two kingdom.
But I don't understand why did you fought Lord Grife... When you start your own kingdom, you aren't at war with the DKs anymore. Did they declare war against you ?

Anyway, I think DK and my kingdom won't interact a lot, at least for a (long ?) time. I don't feel necessary to attack them  :cool: ; and, because it's difficult to gain relation with a DK lord, it will not be easy to drain one of them. Am I right ?

I wasn't sure If I would get Tihr as my capital if I had driven the DKs out of Tihr as a vassal of the Kingdom of Nord so I renounced my vassalage, attacked a few villagers to gain negative relation with the DKs to be able to besiege Tihr and take it from them.

Ok, I understand. That's a courageous  behaviour... With only a few fiefs I think I haven't a good enough army if I want to fight 2 kingdoms or more...  Moreover souds difficult to defend cities attacked by DKs.

Chevalier Bayard said:
Ok, I understand. That's a courageous  behaviour... With only a few fiefs I think I haven't a good enough army if I want to fight 2 kingdoms or more...  Moreover souds difficult to defend cities attacked by DKs.
nords and rhodok crossbow men are good for defending

I wasn't at war with the Nords. Only with the DKs because I needed negative relations with them to even be able to besiege and take Tihr from them. Currently Swadia is crumbling, and I decided to take the castle near the coast past Praven. Strangely, Swadia gave me a peace offering after I took it which I immediately accepted. That castle is way too far to be able to defend.

Wolvie1 said:
I love DK. Its a real challange in this mod. I made them invade immediatly on about day 30. I must admit, I do cheat using tweakMB for rep etc as well as import export cheat. As soon as the messenger talks to me, in a matter of days they attacked Dhirim. Then Uxhal, and now theyr assaulting Praven.

I am Veagar, or at least my liege, and I do not feel creating my kingdom as DK are in the center of the world map, there is no knowledge on what they will do.

I have got a question thou, How can you make alliances as a vassal, to make say veagar and nords team up against this threat? :p

ALso, Theyr very very powerfull. (And i dont even play brut!LOL) I had 390 troops, all updated, and I still got whiped. I even have problems with sieges D: I took Dhimir from them, and they only had 30ish troops, even with other vassals supporting me, 400 of my guys (incl vassals) got killed, which ended up in me and my allys fleeing, and 3 out of 5 got captured incl me D: (I also play with reduced escape rates, so thats it alot more realistic etc).

as such can have troops (390). I being king and all can gain only 270.

So just a few bugs with the Dark Knights I've picked up

[list type=decimal]
[*]Firstly they go to siege a castle get there then just wait without sieging the castle and then after about 10 seconds run off
[*]Secondly they arn't wearing any clothes when you go to see them at there castles/towns
[*]Thirdly you can't ask them how they feel about Larktin they just say " My walls are strong etc" or "We plan to take Curaw etc "
[/list]

Besides that fantastic mod very enjoyable kept me on my toes for a long time

Blackknight69 said:
So just a few bugs with the Dark Knights I've picked up

[list type=decimal]
[*]Firstly they go to siege a castle get there then just wait without sieging the castle and then after about 10 seconds run off
[*]Secondly they arn't wearing any clothes when you go to see them at there castles/towns
[*]Thirdly you can't ask them how they feel about Larktin they just say " My walls are strong etc" or "We plan to take Curaw etc "
[/list]

Besides that fantastic mod very enjoyable kept me on my toes for a long time
yh and when you rule your own kingdom all of them will join you.
lady larktin - some random conversation - so whats your choice? - i will fight for you bla bla bla
lol if you do that your already the strongest army in caldradia.

Back
Top Bottom