The Dark Age:Viking Raiders (V0.3 IS out! Scenes creator needed)

What do you think would be better?

• New heroes(5),bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • New heroes,new quests

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • New quests

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New heroes

• Bigger parties

• Bigger parties,new heroes

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting mod  :lol:
The beard should be bigger

Perhaps that helmet whit a mail coif >
Untitled-1copy-14.jpg

And a exclusive pattern welded Viking sword similar to a Damascus steel I saw a viking sword in a museum whit horn as a handle and pattern welded still sharp. :lol:
when they find it. It could cut a papper in two

Could and would you do some models for this mod?(My skills are just an absolute 0 :lol: ).

@ horsemaster 5:I'm sorry but I fear that this is far beyond my possibilities,if you read the firsts post here you'll know that is quiet a miracle if this mod will be completed.But anyway if you or others have any suggestions,feel free to post whatever you have in mind here.

P.S. added screens of Wessex troops(no horns as promised :smile: )

Could and would you do some models for this mod?(My skills are just an absolute 0 :lol:

What Waht you mean me ? My skill is inferior then yours min is absolute -50

althought i did some texture but got some errrors
Untitled-1copy-15.jpg

litle texture i did use them as you like
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zc1rwg1q1d

Open beta released,I hope it won't contain many bugs,but who knows :smile:.
It doesn't have some minor changes such as correct names for villages,cities and castles,a correct troop tree for Danes and Scots,and the heroes still have their native equipment(but not warhorse or crossbows,removed.)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ljmmtom1cm

hope you'll enjoy it :grin:.

@ [JaGeR] : thanks for textures,i'll give them a look,seems nice.

How does the danish part show in the game? Do they have danish names, or weapons? Or is it just "Danish Swordsman" -ish things?

Really great to explore a totally new map, only thing I would like to see more new weapons (I saw a few new swords & axes)
On the other side the helmets you used are lovely :!:

Gonna spend many hours playing this1 I think  :wink:

Yeyinde said:
How does the danish part show in the game? Do they have danish names, or weapons? Or is it just "Danish Swordsman" -ish things?

Here's the Dane troop tree:grin:ane Colon - Mand - Huscarl - Viking - Framlidi - Barattamadur
Dane troops have Dane names,but this one is historically uncorrect,like the Scots one.

Naridill said:
Awesome, I'm all over it :grin:

Thank you.

SnoeiSchaaR said:
Really great to explore a totally new map, only thing I would like to see more new weapons (I saw a few new swords & axes)
On the other side the helmets you used are lovely :!:

Gonna spend many hours playing this1 I think  :wink:

There are 8 new swords,4 new axes,4 new shields and 8 new helmets.So what is needed now is a couple of new armor and shields,instead of swords,that's my opinion.
But,anyway,thanks for the appreciations :smile:.

I suppose that no one found bugs(really strange,but I haven't found one too,miracle :shock:)
So after the Christmas holidays I'll be back to work to prepare Norwegians and Irish.

Great beta! I really like playing again on my map with another historical period :smile:

I'm not sure what you're talking about,please explain more.

Sorry for the delay, I was away... I was experimenting with modding 0.90++ textures into 0.751 using BRFedit. I was able to put the new hauberk and the all-new byrnie in, using export and/or copying/pasting .dds files, etc. Sorry I can't explain very well, but I did it. As you may know, the old hauberk had long sleeves.

Naridill said:
I'm running around with fur armour, a Balanced Bearded Axe and a Thick Norwegian Helmet. This mod has just received the official bloody awesome stamp :grin:

We need a few bigger round shields. And is it possible to give shields strength requirements? Because if it is, we could make some real heavy duty round shields for the true berserkers. I'm talking Ajax the Great shields. Size 70-80, perhaps, but with a strength 15-18 cap. Same with the one-handed axes, we need some bigger ones for the strongest lads, damage 32-33 for the heavy versions, maybe. When one invests sixteen points in strength, one ought to benefit a bit :lol: Also, we need to speed up spears a bit for realism. And for my last suggestion, update the fur armours a bit, since the textures they use now are very old, outdated and look like stirred ****.

Thank you,glad that you liked it :lol:.
For the weapons,I already had in mind something like that,and for the fur armor,which one you mean?

Well, I guess Naridill could help you with this too, but if you need something translated to danish, I'll help you :grin:

Because, you know, we Danes should (at least theoretically speaking) be better at danish than those damn Norwegians!

Naridill said:
All of the old ones. Let's see... The ragged armour and the nomad armour. Actually, a nomad armour without the circular metal plate would be nice.

Well,I'll see what I can do fo that.
Naridill said:
If you can, get the new viking shirts from our old Sea Raider Expansion mods, because the linen tunics are getting old.

And last, but not the least, I would love to help you out with the viking forces, both Danes and Norwegians, so you only need to say the words and I'm there.

First point,who made them?so that I can ask him the permission and where to take them.

second point,what could you do?

Yeyinde said:
Well, I guess Naridill could help you with this too, but if you need something translated to danish, I'll help you :grin:

Because, you know, we Danes should (at least theoretically speaking) be better at danish than those damn Norwegians!

Same thing,the more you're able to do,the less i have to work :smile:.

Okidoki then, I'd be happy to help you out! Just tell me what you need translated :grin:

EDIT: Oh, but for now, I've got housework, so I can help you later.

I have been looking for a mod like this for ages.  BUT WHERES WALES GONE?

Im pretty sure Wales has a long way to go before the final conquest of the Norman English.  My history is not great but im pretty sure North Wales was never conquered by anyone until the English.  I know the Saxons nearly conquered Wales but there was a general revoult that lead to a huge battle in south Wales, the Saxons lost and this ended there hopes of ever conquering Wales.  Im not sure of the name but it was something like the battle of Careg Mawr.

Anyway i was also surprised to see the capital of the Briton in Cornwall.  Wales and Cornwall have long had links and are both from the same people, but wasn’t it always the king of the North Wales Kingdome of Gwynedd that held the title King of the Britons?

I would like to see Wales represented allot more in the mod if possible.  How about creating kingdoms like, Wessex , Mercian’s, Northumbrians, Welsh/British, Cornish/British, Scots and Danes and Norwegians?

And one of the main reasons i have been looking for a Wales mod is to get to use the Welsh Longbow men in this game.  Im pretty sure Wales were using the longbow as early as against the Mercian’s.  I think the first ever written use of one refers to a battle where the Mercian King was hit and killed by a arrow from a longbow in a battle around the Welsh marches.

ricbar89 said:

Im pretty sure Wales has a long way to go before the final conquest of the Norman English.  My history is not great but im pretty sure North Wales was never conquered by anyone until the English.  I know the Saxons nearly conquered Wales but there was a general revoult that lead to a huge battle in south Wales, the Saxons lost and this ended there hopes of ever conquering Wales.  Im not sure of the name but it was something like the battle of Careg Mawr.

Anyway i was also surprised to see the capital of the Briton in Cornwall.  Wales and Cornwall have long had links and are both from the same people, but wasn’t it always the king of the North Wales Kingdome of Gwynedd that held the title King of the Britons?

I would like to see Wales represented allot more in the mod if possible.  How about creating kingdoms like, Wessex , Mercian’s, Northumbrians, Welsh/British, Cornish/British, Scots and Danes and Norwegians?

And one of the main reasons i have been looking for a Wales mod is to get to use the Welsh Longbow men in this game.  Im pretty sure Wales were using the longbow as early as against the Mercian’s.  I think the first ever written use of one refers to a battle where the Mercian King was hit and killed by a arrow from a longbow in a battle around the Welsh marches.

Well,more represent how? more than a complete,standalone faction? :smile:
The capital is in the Cornwalum,because this is still a beta,and so there are no historical cities and so on(but I'll add them later)as already said before.
For the Long Bow(or war bow,or great bow)the Brittons(how are called the ancient Welsh)and the Danes are the only factions that use them(but a lot more the Brittons)
and the oldest one was found in a burial ground of the neolithic in Wales.
So,the Wales(and Welsh)is in,the long bow is in.The only problem is that the capital is in the Cornwalum(but as said,I'll fix it in the complete release) :wink:.

Vilhjalmr said:
Hey, this mod has good potential. I'd like to help out some.

I have some modding experience, so yeah.

I was thinking I could help you first with your items,. I can get together a bunch of new ones, and make sure they are accurate and have the proper stats and stuff. When I was working on SRE we had a lot of the stuff, and I still have the files and ****e.

Has God sent you?!? :razz: 
Sure that you can help me.
If you already have some items,send them to me please.

Naridill said:
Well, modern Danish is probably not the way to go.

Damn you! Trying to deny me my place in the spotlight, are you?! :lol:'

Well, I don't think there's anyone here capable of speaking whatever the **** we were using back then, anyway.

Naridill said:
Everyone used longbows from early on. Hell, 90% of all mentions of viking bowmen where the type of bow was noted, it was a longbow, man-high bow or tall bow.
yea but im talking about the first use of the modern longbow.  They would have used bows refered to as longbow but would not have been the same a what we now consider the longbow now, just a large bow.  

FerdiadITA said:
ricbar89 said:

Well,more represent how? more than a complete,standalone faction? :smile:
The capital is in the Cornwalum,because this is still a beta,and so there are no historical cities and so on(but I'll add them later)as already said before.
For the Long Bow(or war bow,or great bow)the Brittons(how are called the ancient Welsh)and the Danes are the only factions that use them(but a lot more the Brittons)
and the oldest one was found in a burial ground of the neolithic in Wales.
So,the Wales(and Welsh)is in,the long bow is in.The only problem is that the capital is in the Cornwalum(but as said,I'll fix it in the complete release) :wink:.

Vilhjalmr said:
Hey, this mod has good potential. I'd like to help out some.

I have some modding experience, so yeah.

I was thinking I could help you first with your items,. I can get together a bunch of new ones, and make sure they are accurate and have the proper stats and stuff. When I was working on SRE we had a lot of the stuff, and I still have the files and ****e.

Has God sent you?!? :razz: 
Sure that you can help me.
If you already have some items,send them to me please.

I am really looking forward to this mod.  Love using the longbow in any game,  nothing like watching enemy ranks getting ripped apart by loads of arrows from a distant group of archers.  

I have made a quick map which i can show you if you like.  Just marking the possible borders and Kingdoms.

Naridill said:
ricbar89 said:
Naridill said:
Everyone used longbows from early on. Hell, 90% of all mentions of viking bowmen where the type of bow was noted, it was a longbow, man-high bow or tall bow.
yea but im talking about the first use of the modern longbow.  They would have used bows refered to as longbow but would not have been the same a what we now consider the longbow now, just a large bow.  

A longbow by definition is a bow longer than a man, no?

I know what your saying and your right :grin:.  But there is a difference in a Welsh/English longbow.  The Welsh bows were far more effective, is why the English adopted them after the conquest of Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom