The Dark Age:Viking Raiders (V0.3 IS out! Scenes creator needed)

What do you think would be better?

• New heroes(5),bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • New heroes,new quests

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • New quests

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New heroes

• Bigger parties

• Bigger parties,new heroes

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should did this earlier,but anyway better later than never..
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=646  here's the source.

Thanks a million! I'm going to integrate the Hero management, set Heroes to Level 1, and add just a few more. Let me know if you want the source after I do that.

HardCode said:
Thanks a million! I'm going to integrate the Hero management, set Heroes to Level 1, and add just a few more. Let me know if you want the source after I do that.

Do you need the updated items files too? I was hoping we could get hero managment and some things from BOW.

How's about this: once you get your items and your code fixes in place, I'll then take that updated, ready source and then merge in the BoW code? Probably cleaner that way. Just let me know exactly which parts you want :wink:

FerdiadITA said:
Maybe I should did this earlier,but anyway better later than never..
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=646  here's the source.

Well , Slavs may make it into the mod after all :smile:

Ubberdorc said:
Is it possible to make it if you rescue a caravan master it adds 1 to your trade skill as long as he is with you?

You could probably add a check in this script, much like a check for the books, to see if you have a Caravan Master troop in your party:
Code:
#script_game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop
  # This script is called from the game engine when a skill's modifiers are needed
  # INPUT: arg1 = troop_no, arg2 = skill_no
  # OUTPUT: trigger_result = modifier_value
  ("game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop",
   [(store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),
    (store_script_param, ":skill_no", 2),
    (assign, ":modifier_value", 0),
    (try_begin),
      (eq, ":skill_no", "skl_wound_treatment"),
      (call_script, "script_get_troop_item_amount", ":troop_no", "itm_book_wound_treatment_reference"),
      (gt, reg0, 0),
      (val_add, ":modifier_value", 1),
    (else_try),
      (eq, ":skill_no", "skl_trainer"),
      (call_script, "script_get_troop_item_amount", ":troop_no", "itm_book_training_reference"),
      (gt, reg0, 0),
    (else_try),
      (eq, ":skill_no", "skl_surgery"),
      (call_script, "script_get_troop_item_amount", ":troop_no", "itm_book_surgery_reference"),
      (gt, reg0, 0),
    (else_try),
      # Your code here to check for Caravan Master .....
      # TODO: create a script called check_for_troop_type_in_player_party
      (eq, ":skill_no", "skl_trade"),
      (call_script, "script_check_for_troop_type_in_player_party", trp_caravan_master),
      (gt, reg0, 0),
    (try_end),
    (set_trigger_result, ":modifier_value"),
    ]),

Of course, the cleanest way would be to write a separate script to check if the Caravan Master is in the party and then check the result, like the books.

I just uploaded a more recent version of the mod. Most changes are armor and weapon related. There are about to be some major changes made which will take awhile, this is to give you something to play with while you wait.
There are some non-period items still in the mod but They should not be used by your enemies -- so do not buy them and you will not see them in game other than in shops :cool:
Check out the new armors, let me know what you think.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=648

Very interesting.
I like the look of the rusted armour and the names of the troops brings a nice sense of authenticity about it all.

I`m re-reading the third book in the Bernard Cornwell Saxon series so this goes really well at the moment.

Cheers!

Cuireach said:
I`m re-reading the third book in the Bernard Cornwell Saxon series so this goes really well at the moment.

Cheers!

Absolutely :smile:.

Just to let you know,for the next release I'm planning to add the naval battles(thanks to Mirathei and his Pirates of Calradia mod),and maybe something about the monasteries raids..
Also Ubberdorc is working to port some of the Band of Warriors features in.

Great mod! I've realy anjoed plaing it, but have encountered on bug in version 0.1 - fish pound in my village didn't appear on the dated day, just "one day left".

May be this free resource on  http://www.heroicage.org/archive.html  It is dedicated to the Dark Ages history of N-W Europe from 400-1200 AD.
It is useful than issues are grouped on one exact topic so you can find several articles in one place.
The following issues were given:

Issue 1—Early Arthurian Tradition: Text and Context (Spring/Summer 1999)
Issue 2—(Fall/Winter 1999)
Issue 3—Anglo-Saxon Attitudes (Spring/Summer 2000)
Issue 4—Anglo-Celtic Relations in the Early Middle Ages (Fall/Winter 2000)
Issue 5—Anthropological and Cultural Approaches to Beowulf (Spring/Summer 2001)
Issue 6—Connections and Interconnections: The British Isles and the Continent 400-1000 (Spring 2003)
Issue 7—General Issue (Summer 2004)
Issue 8—Traders, Saints, and Pirates: The Sea in Early Medieval Northwestern Europe (Summer 2005)
Issue 9—Oswald, King and Saint: His Britain and Beyond (October 2006)
Issue 10—Saints (March 2007)

I'll be glad if it will help....

FerdiadITA said:
Just to let you know,for the next release I'm planning to add the naval battles(thanks to Mirathei and his Pirates of Calradia mod),and maybe something about the monasteries raids..
Also Ubberdorc is working to port some of the Band of Warriors features in.

Sweet! Let me know if you need any help with the BoW stuff, or I can reach out to NCrawler if it's his code parts (which is quite considerable now!).

Oh, do you think you could upload the 0.2 source, too? I want to play around with it for my own private build :wink: One suggestion is to make a subfolder named "Source" in your module's folder, and change module_info to export_dir = "../". This way, the source is always released with the mod. That is, if you prefer to release the source too.

Oh, and you might want to PM an admin to get this thread moved over to the Released Mods subforum, for more exposure.

The source is included, it is in a folder called TDA source.
I actually do not have the skills to port it over to BOW, I was going to arrange the items file for you... :cool:
I am still learning the ways of the python so I would love for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom