SP - General The content I would love to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The content I would love to see added to Bannerlord after the full release would look something like this!

Mercenary Companies of Calradia

9nrTyzJ.jpg

Overview:
  • Makes minor factions elite mercenaries
  • Makes minor factions troops recruitable in taverns like other mercenaries
  • Expands and rebalances minor faction troop trees to make these troops elite
  • New unique armors and weapons for these factions
  • Unique Mercenary Captain companions added to the world and if made a vassal will fill their army with unique minor faction troops
  • Adds legendary gear to some lords (existing minor faction lords)
  • Adds a few more unique mercenary companies like the Company of the Lion which is a polearm based company (like Swiss pikemen)
  • Adds a new phalanx formation and improves spear and pike use so multiple ranks can fight in formation. (second rank uses overhand attacks)

This content would focus on reforming the minor factions into something really special that spices up unit rosters and adds more unique recruitment options for the player and AI. These Mercenary Companies should be feared and a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Adds unique companies like the famous Company of the Lion who is lead by Leothold the Lion who fight with only polearms like pike, bills, and voulges. This unit would be based off the famous Swiss pikemen mercenaries or Landsknecht who eventually changed the face of medieval warfare in the later periods. The Skolderbrotva would be one of the most terrifying melee companies on the battlefield and even make the most seasoned commander think twice before engaging them in battle.

Feast & Feral Beast

gy9SQRE.png

Overview:
  • Adds hunting
  • Improves feast mechanics and court interaction
  • Adds Hunting dog companions
  • New hunting gear and trappings
  • New quest like wolf attacks
The purpose of this content would be to enhance the player experience around the court with new quests and court intrigue and to add new game mechanics like hunting. Hunting would allow the player to be able to harvest meat and hides/furs that can be traded or used to help supply food for the troops. Quests could be related to wolf attacks on village livestock and having to locate and hunt the wolves at a den. Wild animal encounters in the woods like stag, boar, and wolves if your party is small. New gear like hunting horns, clothing, and hunting bows and crossbows. Falcons and hunting dogs could be added as part of your retinue that gives you a bonus to locating wild beast when hunting.

Guilds & Secret Societies

wG4y3NL.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Guilds
  • Adds Merchant Bank
  • Player Hideout
  • Ship travel and sea trading
  • Ship ownership and naval battles
  • New guild related quest like assassinations
  • New rouge gear
This content would expand on trade and the rouge under world of Calradia. This would allow players to join guilds and get more involved in the black market to owning major trading fleets. It would also add a Merchant Bank to allow the player to store wealth and earn interest on their investment as well as take out loans. Don't stiff them as they have the best assassins and bounty hunters and will catch you slipping when you decide to enter a settlement with a small retinue! Maritime travel and combat will be added to allow the player to sail and fight on the high seas Calradia! Players will also be able to build a hideout that will allow them to store all their loot from all the thievery!

The Raven Banner

nh5Mo5P.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Nord playable faction
  • Nordland Settlements added to the North part of map
  • Dragon Ships
  • New companions
  • New Northern weapons and armors
  • New Sea King war parties (Scary Sea Raider parties)
  • Ability to join and recruit from the Skolderbrotva (think freelancer mode)
  • Improved Shieldwall formation and improved infantry combat

The Northern winds has shifted from the Nordlands and rumors start to spread that a warlord from the North by the name of Gundig Hairy-Breeks has claimed birthright to the whole of Calradia! This event will set off a large scale invasion of Calradia that few will be prepared for with Nord war parties terrorizing the Northern sea and lands of the North. Improved shieldwall combat to make infantry more viable when organized and tough to crack with just archery or cavalry alone. This could also add Ai companions to faction leader parties like a legendary champion or group of unique bodyguard that enhances the leaders fighting prowess on the battlefield.

Legendary Smiths of Calradia

tcbVhRd.jpg

Overview:
  • Adds Legendary Smiths to the game to commission work
  • New Legendary weapons with quests to obtain them
  • New Legendary armor sets with quests to obtain them
  • Thamaskene weapons rebalanced
  • Armor Smithing added
  • Adds legendary gear to some lords

Ledgendary Smiths of Calradia will add legendary Smiths that can be commissioned to forge some of the finest weapons and armor in the game of various qualities like masterwork or legendary. Quest could be added to track down some of the legendary weapons and gear of the past like weapons similar to Excalibur as an example. Thamaskene weapons should be rebalanced to be more like Ulfberht swords or like Valyrian steel from GOT, basically lighter, faster, and superior handling. Armor Smithing added to the game so that the player can craft their own armor for him and his companions.The idea behind this content is that if you have enough money you can just commission a Smith to build you the best stuff and come back and get it in a couple of weeks.

I have created mods for years, but just don't have time for it any more. Hopefully Taleworlds has awesome content designers and puts out some great content that expands on the CURRENT game!

Last edited:
Noice, these are the posts I was hoping this forum would be full of :razz:

All of them sound real cool, in terms of paid DLC I'd probably only dish out for something big like that last Nord one, but as free content, mods or super-cheap DLC I'd be down with all of them. Good thread my man.

To be fair before reforged edition VC was pretty rough, but yeah a lot of the features listed above were in VC. After having hunting in VC it should pretty much be in every M&B game going forward imo.

Well no one knows what will happen after release and exiting the EA.
Maybe if we're lucky they'll make polls and make us decide what new stuff we want from the most supported ones on the forums
Probably won't happen but a man can dream tho..

Last edited:
To be fair before reforged edition VC was pretty rough, but yeah a lot of the features listed above were in VC. After having hunting in VC it should pretty much be in every M&B game going forward imo.
Yeah, i feel you, most great parts about VC isn't in bannerlord but it is fair though, right?
i mean... correct me if i'm wrong but isn't VC made by Brytenwalda Games and just published by TW?
Just going copy-paste on that wouldn't be fair

I don't know what part Takeworlds played in Viking Conquest, but that said features should evolve. Hunting and Sea travel/naval combat should be those types of features that are brought into the main M&B eventually as they go great with the base game and seem like a natural evolution of expanded features.

I agree and have posed some ideas before about adding guilds and secret societies, related quest lines, and maybe even guild specific troops that can only be acquired after completing the quest arch. The question is, can TW pull off interesting and fun quest archs for secret societies, or would they feel just like any other quest in the game? I remember in WB, The Last Days mod was able to pull off a number of interesting quests within the engine, including a stealth based three part mission to kill an enemy sorcerer. IMO TW really needs to take a look at how their setting up the quests and reimagine some to be a bit more interesting. Scenes created just for specific quests are a must. We don't get this now.

My favorite is always the more historical mods... I was obsessed with Brytenwalda and 1257, played and modded Viking Conquest until Bannerlord came out.
So I would love to see an official British Isles or Western Europe content again. They made and own all of those assets already. I want some ships and 8-9th century action with the new game engine!

I would love to see every features you propose ! The one I want the most is the first one about feasting, it would bring more depth in the game.

Some of these features were present in WB, VC or other previous TW games, let's hope they add them after the full release. Even if they release these features in a DLC format, it would be better than nothing.

I'm not trying to be a **** here. But they can't even get perks fixed in a reasonable time period, and no new content has been added to the game in 6 months of EA. How can you possibly think they would implement any of this?

I'm not trying to be a **** here. But they can't even get perks fixed in a reasonable time period, and no new content has been added to the game in 6 months of EA. How can you possibly think they would implement any of this?
Well, a man can dream y'now...
Also, we can't know what will happen after the release when they'll be (probably) done with the bugs and implementing. Maybe they first want to release a stable game and after that add new stuff to it.
Nobody knows what will happen after the release.
If only they would explain

Well, a man can dream y'now...
Also, we can't know what will happen after the release when they'll be (probably) done with the bugs and implementing. Maybe they first want to release a stable game and after that add new stuff to it.
Nobody knows what will happen after the release.
If only they would explain

Cmon now, not knowing is exciting!

Back
Top Bottom