The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive purchased EA before and been burned so I really have no one but myself to blame. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I highly doubt this is the first EA game for any of you either. There will be no refunds, were just suckers simple as

Ive purchased EA before and been burned so I really have no one but myself to blame. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I highly doubt this is the first EA game for any of you either. There will be no refunds, were just suckers simple as
they will finish this game.

The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

Do not presume to speak for anyone but yourself, snowflake (Yeah, snowflake...only a snowflake believes they should speak for others). I already got over 200 hours in this game which is already worth the price. Now piss off and go play something else because I will be here next year and the year after that and the year after that. Please do everyone a favor and never buy an early access game again because you are a poisonous spoiled gamer that does nothing but destroy communities. And by all means, take the other spoiled brats with you.

Which game does need a monthly subscription for MP on PC? Maybe some F2P games and of course MMORPGs, Bannerlord is neither.

wwiionline.com - the first MMORPG ever and it stills up
I just needed to take a break from it - played 15 years, this game rocks as well but B2 is way more challenging & costless

Do not presume to speak for anyone but yourself, snowflake (Yeah, snowflake...only a snowflake believes they should speak for others). I already got over 200 hours in this game which is already worth the price. Now piss off and go play something else because I will be here next year and the year after that and the year after that. Please do everyone a favor and never buy an early access game again because you are a poisonous spoiled gamer that does nothing but destroy communities. And by all means, take the other spoiled brats with you.
ok papi chulo, I will follow you judgement to the T. Thank you for pointing out my sub-human existence, I will now retreat to the depths of my sewer lair and commit seppuku

ok papi chulo, I will follow you judgement to the T. Thank you for pointing out my sub-human existence, I will now retreat to the depths of my sewer lair and commit seppuku
:grin: :grin: :grin:

He was insulting you and calling you poisonous, loving it. Those guys are the best comedians this forum has to offer.

I believe the OP should get a refund. The price of the game minus £1 per hour played. Once the OP has paid that off, TW can get the game removed on Steam for the OP!

This is my first and last EA title. EA is clearly a cash-grab that some unscrupulous developers use to get hard cash early in development, while getting an army of willing BETA testers to provide feedback. It's a clever yet brutal tactic, to farm your own fanbase like that.

It is mainly naive and enthusiastic young kids that seem to be either unaware or in denial about this, probably due to lacing the life experience that breeds the appropriate level of cynicism about how these things work.

TaleWorlds had a good history record with Early Access so far. That's why many people trusted them initially, including me.
After 3 months left with a shallow and flawed game, inferior to its predecessor to almost every extent, people are showing malcontent. It's normal.

Especially when the devs have to spend 1.5 months (to date) to rewrite the engine 4 months after releasing a game that has been 8 years in development. A game which was deemed "stable" in the EA disclaimer.

Add to this the lack of previously-announced features, and the lack of new coming features and content in the current development roadmap.

Then again, asking for a refund after >500h is shameful, but I think that was not the main point of the OP.
And it does not change the fact that after scraping the surface of modern graphics and UI, BL is a mutilated version of Warband, to the point of lacking gameplay features that mods for WB had years ago.

Anyway, given how grindy the game is, and how broken the RPG progression is, together with crashes and savegame corruption, it's impossible to realize how disappointing the game actually is without hitting the two hours refund-limit policy of steam.

Just a bit of background I discovered the Mount&blade franchise early on when I started getting into computer gaming in the early 2010's and remember the absolute joy the M&B Warband used to give me every time I played it. I think I put in about 2-300 hours into Singleplayer and at least 3000 hours into multiplayer mostly through the Napoleonic Wars DLC. It was the one game that I never needed a break from because I always loved it no matter what.

Now im at the sad reality that Bannerlord is dead. I've put a meager 30ish hours into Singleplayer and about 530 hours into Multiplayer if adding the Beta into the equation. During it all I think ive played at least 1000 skirmish matches. This game however has seen little improvement from the start of Beta and probably even Alpha at this point. The Devs continually put off useful advice given to them by those who understand this game and inherently love this game. Now I honestly dont care if I get a another warning <snip> but "this game has taken a turn to the worse" (Paraphrasing)

In consensus, this game is unfixable with the current dev team in charge, especially if they forgo listening to their loyal community. I think i am done with this game for a while after my team finishes the current tournament in which we are all honestly disgusted by due to the fact that it has made even more clear how bad the current game is.

Finally, I would feel bad if I just said all this without putting in what I think this game desperately needs. Firstly, You need to release the multiplayer match ASAP!!! This game is dying and the community is alienated, with a new patch especially since combat parameters are being adjusted, you need our feedback and you need to release this patch as of yesterday. Secondly, pls learn to listen to your community, we **** on you because we love the game and have felt neglected and ignored. I think thats all I need to say.
Pro tip - this forum has fanboi trolls who will attack your post until it gets shut down for flaming. They are adamant TW can do no wrong under EA. And TW clearly dont care about their player base or this title, they are getting money from the troll fanguard.

TaleWorlds had a good history record with Early Access so far. That's why many people trusted them initially, including me.
After 3 months left with a shallow and flawed game, inferior to its predecessor to almost every extent, people are showing malcontent. It's normal.

Especially when the devs have to spend 1.5 months (to date) to rewrite the engine 4 months after releasing a game that has been 8 years in development. A game which was deemed "stable" in the EA disclaimer.

Add to this the lack of previously-announced features, and the lack of new coming features and content in the current development roadmap.

Then again, asking for a refund after >500h is shameful, but I think that was not the main point of the OP.
And it does not change the fact that after scraping the surface of modern graphics and UI, BL is a mutilated version of Warband, to the point of lacking gameplay features that mods for WB had years ago.

Anyway, given how grindy the game is, and how broken the RPG progression is, together with crashes and savegame corruption, it's impossible to realize how disappointing the game actually is without hitting the two hours refund-limit policy of steam.
A very well reasoned and sensible post. If only more members had the capability to look at things so objectively.

Pro tip - this forum has fanboi trolls who will attack your post until it gets shut down for flaming. They are adamant TW can do no wrong under EA. And TW clearly dont care about their player base or this title, they are getting money from the troll fanguard.

Inflammatory, but at the same time sadly true.

I wonder if OP goes into restaurants and eats his order then demands a refund from some overworked waitress because they didn't like the food are an entitled twat.
Ironic that you are calling someone a twat, while coming across as an, erm, twat.

It took almost everyone who bought this game, even the more stubborn of fans judging from recent posts, some weeks to understand what a buggy, broken and incomplete mess this game is. By then, some people had indeed played hundreds of hours. That does not mean that the product they bought can be considered as fit for purpose. We already know that TW misadvertised this game to draw people in to buy it, and it was covered in a thread already https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/

Last edited:
why are gamers some of the most childish entitled little ***** that exist? you bought a product in active development, bugs and missing features are expected for now and if you didn't wanted to deal with it why not wait for the full release? just go do something that matters in RL and come back later if you aren't having fun with the game or play something else that entertains you.
Ive never seen an EA develop this slow and i don't see a problem with applying for refunds. When EA gets out of alpha im sure people will buy it again.

Ive never seen an EA develop this slow and i don't see a problem with applying for refunds. When EA gets out of alpha im sure people will buy it again.

There've been enough others. Some games even get abandoned during EA or are released as buggy "full versions" never to be touched by devs again. That's always the risk you take when purchasing during EA. Either you can deal with it or you avoid EA. Doesn't require rocket science to get that.
  • Could the release have been handled better?
    Of course.
  • Does the game miss features?
    Yes.
  • Are there still bugs?
    Yes, again.
  • Should there be more communication?
    Hell yeah.
  • Do they work too slow?
    No one of us can tell that, as no one has insight in Taleworlds processes.
  • Do these threads accomplish anything other than splitting the player base in "trolls" and "fanboys"?
    I don't think so.

Do these threads accomplish anything other than splitting the player base in "trolls" and "fanboys"?
I don't think so.
These threads give people a voice and enable them to their right, as paying customers, to give an opinion. If you don't like that, please go and move to China where people are forced only to say positive things and where life may suit you better,

Back
Top Bottom