The Community and Myself Deserve a Refund!

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate language
Just a bit of background I discovered the Mount&blade franchise early on when I started getting into computer gaming in the early 2010's and remember the absolute joy the M&B Warband used to give me every time I played it. I think I put in about 2-300 hours into Singleplayer and at least 3000 hours into multiplayer mostly through the Napoleonic Wars DLC. It was the one game that I never needed a break from because I always loved it no matter what.

Now im at the sad reality that Bannerlord is dead. I've put a meager 30ish hours into Singleplayer and about 530 hours into Multiplayer if adding the Beta into the equation. During it all I think ive played at least 1000 skirmish matches. This game however has seen little improvement from the start of Beta and probably even Alpha at this point. The Devs continually put off useful advice given to them by those who understand this game and inherently love this game. Now I honestly dont care if I get a another warning <snip> but "this game has taken a turn to the worse" (Paraphrasing)

In consensus, this game is unfixable with the current dev team in charge, especially if they forgo listening to their loyal community. I think i am done with this game for a while after my team finishes the current tournament in which we are all honestly disgusted by due to the fact that it has made even more clear how bad the current game is.

Finally, I would feel bad if I just said all this without putting in what I think this game desperately needs. Firstly, You need to release the multiplayer match ASAP!!! This game is dying and the community is alienated, with a new patch especially since combat parameters are being adjusted, you need our feedback and you need to release this patch as of yesterday. Secondly, pls learn to listen to your community, we **** on you because we love the game and have felt neglected and ignored. I think thats all I need to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, You need to release the multiplayer match ASAP!!!
You probably need to elaborate because I have no idea what you mean by this. Are you asking for a MP beta branch to test changes? I don't know that they're really doing anything for MP right now. IMO it was probably a waste of time to make any MP before the SP is 100%.

I agree with your disappointment in many beta player's inputs on combat being wholey ignored. I was very disturbed to see the miserable mounted melee swings and incompetent cavalry and shield use by AI continue into SP EA. I can put up with the general clunkyness of combat but that stuff is just ****ed up and needs to change.

You're probably getting some harsh words and you're a little late to the complaint party, but I'm sorry you're disappoint and I hope someday everyone gets what they wanted.

I hate what they have done too bannerlord but we all payed next to nothing for warband and im sure its most people's top game so im personally not worried since they deserved more for warband.

You probably need to elaborate because I have no idea what you mean by this. Are you asking for a MP beta branch to test changes? I don't know that they're really doing anything for MP right now. IMO it was probably a waste of time to make any MP before the SP is 100%.
I am not into MP so I can't say much about the problems, but there are 2-3 developers from the MP dev team who post daily and talk about the changes that will be implemented in the next update.

Playing a game you think is **** for 560 hours is sad enough, but then thinking you're entitled to a refund as well after that many hours, **** me.
Literal 5 IQ.

Played a game well over 500 hours = wants a refund
The game has (at this moment) over 18000 players playing = game obviously dead
Everyone is talking about "mods will fix this game for me" = in consensus its unfixable

I've put a meager 30ish hours into Singleplayer and about 530 hours into Multiplayer

I suppose this is a prime example of entitlement. Either just take the loss and move on or wait for it to get better because no company is ever going to give you a refund for this kind of play time. It's like driving a car for 6 months then telling the dealer I don't want this car now and I want my money back.

i wont say its dead but considering its potential this number can be higher. Im sure of it there is tons of players will return even with only small content update

Considering the amount of bugs and its far from finished state, 18k really isn't that bad. I think many people are waiting for bigger changes, the last few patches didn't realy draw in much people. But next patch sounds more promising.

Considering the amount of bugs and its far from finished state, 18k really isn't that bad. I think many people are waiting for bigger changes, the last few patches didn't realy draw in much people. But next patch sounds more promising.

yes but in 3 month lose as many players, knowing that mount and blade which offers hundreds of hours of play,
I think many are disappointed with the absolute vacuum in functionality, in view of what comes back on the forums
here is not much to do, mostly compared to a lot of warband things

Usually I come to the forums to get some laughs and insight, but this is neither funny nor enlightening.

Additionally consider this, TaleWorlds is the only development group who has created such a unique game. Many of us have been trying to chase that magic dragon of a similar game like Mount & Blade, until Bannerlord was released. I agree many of us were so overhyped about the game that there's been pent up frustrations that are shown now. However I fully believe the investment in this game is absolutely necessary and worth doing to ensure TaleWorlds continue to provide a game like this.

There's some things i'm disappointed about too, but I simply moved on and will wait. Give it until next year.

Usually I come to the forums to get some laughs and insight, but this is neither funny nor enlightening.

Additionally consider this, TaleWorlds is the only development group who has created such a unique game. Many of us have been trying to chase that magic dragon of a similar game like Mount & Blade, until Bannerlord was released. I agree many of us were so overhyped about the game that there's been pent up frustrations that are shown now. However I fully believe the investment in this game is absolutely necessary and worth doing to ensure TaleWorlds continue to provide a game like this.

There's some things i'm disappointed about too, but I simply moved on and will wait. Give it until next year.
Precisely.

What other game is there that aims to create the sort of experience that Bannerlord does? Obviously it is far from complete but it will only improve. They aren't going to stop working on it any time soon. In any case I've paid more for other games out of which it isn't possible to get anywhere near 500 hours of gameplay. This is a far more ambitious project.

The complaints about not listening to the community and being uncommunicative I genuinely don't understand. Which game developers are people comparing them to? Others I follow seem far less interactive.

Back
Top Bottom