The Anime/Manga Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Punishment said:
Well my weekly roster is packed with new releases now..

Kill la Kill <- that first ep was simply amazing
Coppelion
Strike the Blood
Log Horizon
IS II
Freezing Vibrations (oh god why)
Golden Time
You should add White Album 2 to that.

Hey guys, I'll start by saying what I found most amusing about SnK/AoT. It made me feel so damn desperate!
After the first two episodes you really start to fear the Titans yourself, knowing that most encounters end in the humans getting slaughtered, no heroic battles.
Minor Spoiler Ahead (tried to keep it somewhat obscure, but those who watched will know)
Also in the first episode right after the first town is lost, the appearance of the armored titans further enhanced the feeling, as if the first wasn't enough. It just makes you feel hopeless, for everything really, and then it all callms down, training ensues, friendships are made, positive energy and then episode 5. The "counter attack", literally the scene where they charge and his leg gets chopped off just sealed the deal for me, I had to watch the rest.

Anyways to conclude, no anime ever made me feel desperate and hopeless, and I liked it. So my question is, does anyone know of more anime which are serious, and have a gritty sense of mortality. You feel like everyone's going to die.

Thanks!

So just finished the original anime Berserk, and my feelings are:

:shock: :cry: :mad:

In that exact order, from what the hell, to sadness, and lastly to frustration that it ended.

Does anyone know of any sort of "master collection" for the manga?

One that doesn't involve any nefarious activities like piracy as I'm not found of black helicopters.

Pokemon Origins is how i would have loved to see the original program be more like. It makes better sense and actually is more interesting, though a little fast paced with only 4 "episodes" for the whole thing. If it was developed further and fleshed out a little more, maybe double the episodes it might be even better to watch.

hirovard said:
Pokemon Origins is how i would have loved to see the original program be more like. It makes better sense and actually is more interesting, though a little fast paced with only 4 "episodes" for the whole thing. If it was developed further and fleshed out a little more, maybe double the episodes it might be even better to watch.

Is that website secure?
A little google search tell me the anime i want to watch is there.

Though the whole "not understanding type advantage" annoyed me. HIS TAIL IS ON FIRE. OF COURSE WATER WILL BEAT HIM.

Back
Top Bottom