The AI just spams attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

i actually agree with OP if ve a slow weapon or melee skills i will "never" have a chance to attack
if the AI has a fast weapon like 1h axe all it does is attack attack attack nothing smart just spam
however i know my way around it and how to beat 100% of the time (OP sorry your bad)
but they are indeed still annoying

I have no ****ing clue what some of you are on about. Ever since this game came out I've been playing on realistic and mopping AI in arenas, fights, everywhere. The only way I die is from javelin aimbots or if I run too far ahead of my army. When fighting with my men I just kill soldiers who aren't paying attention to me, if they do pay attention to me and try to fight, they usually manage to block 1/2 swings before I one shot their ass because my two handed has gone up to 185. Even at the start of the game I could kill the AI quite easily in tournaments and arena fights. The ONLY AI that needs nerfing in 1v1 is some lords who you might encounter in tournaments with 270 two handed or one handed. They are almost unbeatable but I've killed them too, the reason they are unbeatable is because they literally block EVERY attack lmao. It doesn't matter how much you faint they still block it but eventually a bash or tip toe around them manages to get them.

TL;DR : With all due respect you suck terribly at this game and so does anyone who even remotely agrees with you, I'm sorry.

I have no ****ing clue what some of you are on about. Ever since this game came out I've been playing on realistic and mopping AI in arenas, fights, everywhere. The only way I die is from javelin aimbots or if I run too far ahead of my army. When fighting with my men I just kill soldiers who aren't paying attention to me, if they do pay attention to me and try to fight, they usually manage to block 1/2 swings before I one shot their ass because my two handed has gone up to 185. Even at the start of the game I could kill the AI quite easily in tournaments and arena fights. The ONLY AI that needs nerfing in 1v1 is some lords who you might encounter in tournaments with 270 two handed or one handed. They are almost unbeatable but I've killed them too, the reason they are unbeatable is because they literally block EVERY attack lmao. It doesn't matter how much you faint they still block it but eventually a bash or tip toe around them manages to get them.

TL;DR : With all due respect you suck terribly at this game and so does anyone who even remotely agrees with you, I'm sorry.
ai diffculy and ai damage (Realistic ) not the same thing brother
you can ve the ai at challenging now

Ok... hold D or A while fighting, basically walk around them all the time. The AI will get confused and won't be able to defend because you will be hitting their back before they are able to turn and defend.

ai diffculy and ai damage (Realistic ) not the same thing brother
you can ve the ai at challenging now

I have every option possible set to hardest, including AI. I've never touched it after starting my game and this thread is old so I doubt it's some new addition introduced in the new patch that I've missed in the notes.

Then again, I'm the sort of person to always play singleplayer games on the hardest difficulty possible because I am a masochism and enjoy challenges lol.

I have every option possible set to hardest, including AI. I've never touched it and this thread is old so I doubt it's some new addition introduced in the new patch that I've missed in the notes.

Then again, I'm the sort of person to always play singleplayer games on the hardest difficulty possible because I am a masochism and enjoy challenges lol.
there is a new addition was added to set difficulty as a 4th option in campaign

there is a new addition was added to set difficulty as a 4th option in campaign
I just checked, there is no such thing, also the OP was in march.. come on dude. I checked and my AI was set to "Challenging" there is no higher option. On all my characters I've played on this as well as "realistic" for the other options, the game is not hard.

The 1v1 combat ability of AI has gone through some significant changes since this thread was created over a month ago.

Currently it seems pretty reasonable. As a veteran (single player) player I can take on anyone using a 2h weapon, except the lords with really high weapon skill who usually beat me. If I have a shield against them, the battle tends to go until shields start breaking - about the only time I see that happen in Bannerlord thanks to shields having too high HP to be relevant most of the time.

The 1v1 combat ability of AI has gone through some significant changes since this thread was created over a month ago.

Currently it seems pretty reasonable. As a veteran (single player) player I can take on anyone using a 2h weapon, except the lords with really high weapon skill who usually beat me. If I have a shield against them, the battle tends to go until shields start breaking - about the only time I see that happen in Bannerlord thanks to shields having too high HP to be relevant most of the time.

If you manage to parry all their blows even the lords are beatable, just takes forever.. and some luck, sometimes. The only thing I can agree on is nerfing their AI so their blocking is not godlike, which it is, if they have very high weapon skill.

If you manage to parry all their blows even the lords are beatable, just takes forever.. and some luck, sometimes. The only thing I can agree on is nerfing their AI so their blocking is not godlike, which it is, if they have very high weapon skill.
people wanted it......

people wanted it......

I'm not sure what you mean, people wanted Lords to have literal hacks when blocking and block every single strike, feint and anything you can think of? They even block mid-swing lol. I doubt anyone seriously requested this. Anyways, regular troops do not have such high weapon skills so their blocking isn't as strong, makes them pretty easy to kill, which is fine. I expect to be able to kill high tier troops if I'm decent at the game. The one thing is, on highest difficulties it's hard to take on more than 2/3 troops at once.

Which is realistic, so that's good in my opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean, people wanted Lords to have literal hacks when blocking and block every single strike, feint and anything you can think of? They even block mid-swing lol. I doubt anyone seriously requested this. Anyways, regular troops do not have such high weapon skills so their blocking isn't as strong, makes them pretty easy to kill, which is fine. I expect to be able to kill high tier troops if I'm decent at the game. The one thing is, on highest difficulties it's hard to take on more than 2/3 troops at once.

Which is realistic, so that's good in my opinion.
i am +1 with you
but yes people spammed here asking for ai to be neo from the matrix

I don't think that makes any sense. Is Bannerlord supposed to be a game for experts like you only? How do you expect people to learn and get better if they die in single combat all the time and then give up? At level 15 and easiest setting I have no problem in field combat on horse (with the best horse and equipment of course), but utterly hopeless on foot, attacking and walking are so slow it's dangerous to face a handful of low rank archers. It wasn't like that in Warband.

Players are simply not supposed to fight on the same level as average NPCs. It's a game for lords and mercenary leaders not poor soldiers.

I don't think that makes any sense. Is Bannerlord supposed to be a game for experts like you only? How do you expect people to learn and get better if they die in single combat all the time and then give up? At level 15 and easiest setting I have no problem in field combat on horse (with the best horse and equipment of course), but utterly hopeless on foot, attacking and walking are so slow it's dangerous to face a handful of low rank archers. It wasn't like that in Warband.

Players are simply not supposed to fight on the same level as average NPCs. It's a game for lords and mercenary leaders not poor soldiers.

I never said the game is only for experts or players who like difficulty and challenge. The original complaint is that AI spams attacks, which it doesn't, the regular thing is they stand there with shield up and wait for you to attack, if you face more than 2 soldiers they can go on the offensive and hit you while you try to hit back, that's where footwork comes in. If you want to be a god amongst men in a no fantasy medieval setting, this isn't the game unless you tune down everything on easy and use mods. I expect people to get better by understanding the mechanics in the game, you move the mouse on the left to block a left hit, you move the mouse to the right to block a right hit, pretty simple. You will get better when you play more, as with all games. You are utterly hopeless on foot because I presume your character has no athletics, you need to level it up or when creating the character, choose the options which level your athletics, there are such.

Players start out as a complete nobody, so I don't think I agree with your statement that it's a game for lords and mercenary leaders. You eventually become one and become more formidable, so you definitely can take on more than 2 soldiers at once, you just need footwork and knowledge of the game and how to exploit the AI, because they are pretty dumb to be honest. Walk sideways and they will miss most hits while you can hit them...

Hard to evaluate peoples complaints because have no idea what weapon skill level you character is at. If you're talking about early game then yes -you SHOULD be bad (though i still find it too easy) but if you're meaning after your weapon skill is over 100+ you still lose everytime then.. well that just means you're awful...sorry

Still havent seen much of any of these AI feints and what not -thatd be the better way to show their superiority at Lord level than just blazing speed. Feints, kicks, ducks, Mayweather level footwork etc..

This topic was created when the game released and the AI was about ten times better than it is now which is absolutely pathetic. There is an AI difficulty slider and it's dangerously under-tuned in the gamed.

Because running around the AI who can´t handle this? Doesn´t make it better for me.
Because speed lets you control the fight. You don't need to circle the ai at all unless its one of those beastly high-level lords with supersonic swing speeds. Just step in for the attack and step back to avoid the counter. Most of the time I hear people complaining about the foot combat being too difficult its because they've totally neglected to build up their athletics, and that goes back to Warband. I've just always been a big believer in the transformative power of high Athletics.

Back
Top Bottom