Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

I just want go point out how much I have been attacked because I have dared to compliment talewords and say I love this game. The internet community is very hostile. But that's why I posted my original post. Also keep in mind that my op was back in May.

Of course that doesnt mean I wouldn't like some things changed.

Why shouldnt we thank someone for doing thier job.

I always say " if I simply expect it, then I'm not grateful for it"

Young lol please I'm in my mid 30s. Naive could be I dunno but whatever I'am, I'm happy with it.

Despite all the attacks against me I am enjoying geeking out with yall. Keep the post coming.
Well despite your misguided view on the developers (in my opinion), I'm happy you're happy with the game and having fun with it (I seriously mean that). As for the "attacks" people probably just dislike seeing apologists for a company that should know better and probably feel frustrated seeing your post. I would thank the people that do the day to day work, but not so much the senior management or the company itself.

As for me, I expect more from the developers and my criticism is tough love. They should and should have done better. The rumours of an intern army (its the only explanation to this mess - that or mismanagement/ or both), I suspect is not far from the truth and I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the original developers from Warband had left the company.
I get this feeling that the Bannerlord developers played Warband and saw it as outdated and simple and that they "could do better" - without actually seeing what made Warband a good game (I could be completely off the mark but without any strong input from the community managers people tend to make their own minds up about it).

Well you d be correct. Its not really a unique perspective. I just never see enough folks expressing gratitude when they like something. But plenty Express anger when they hate something.

As for the rest. Yeah some some folks got nothing better to due then mock people on the internet.

People certainly get hostile though. I am enjoying the vulgar displays of pettiness
Well you called people things too idk, and there are better displays of thankfulness like I've said this thread has become useless have a good night mate

Well despite your misguided view on the developers (in my opinion), I'm happy you're happy with the game and having fun with it (I seriously mean that). As for the "attacks" people probably just dislike seeing apologists for a company that should know better and probably feel frustrated seeing your post. I would thank the people that do the day to day work, but not so much the senior management or the company itself.

As for me, I expect more from the developers and my criticism is tough love. They should and should have done better. The rumours of an intern army (its the only explanation to this mess - that or mismanagement/ or both), I suspect is not far from the truth and I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the original developers from Warband had left the company.
I get this feeling that the Bannerlord developers played Warband and saw it as outdated and simple and that they "could do better" - without actually seeing what made Warband a good game (I could be completely off the mark but without any strong input from the community managers people tend to make their own minds up about it).
I with you on this. A lot of developers have bastardized franchises. Turning it into something it's not for a quick cash grab. Dead space 3 is a good example. Diablo 3 is another. My opinions.

This time though, I dont feel this way when I play bannerlord. So I felt the desire to Express that gratitude and encourage them not to let haters get to them.

Of course game could better. Anything could be better.

Well you called people things too idk, and there are better displays of thankfulness like I've said this thread has become useless have a good night mate
Maybe I did call people things and I shouldnt have. Anyway, You too mate sleep well.

I with you on this. A lot of developers have bastardized franchises. Turning it into something it's not for a quick cash grab. Dead space 3 is a good example. Diablo 3 is another. My opinions.

This time though, I dont feel this way when I play bannerlord. So I felt the desire to Express that gratitude and encourage them not to let haters get to them.

Of course game could better. Anything could be better.
Sure, like CD Projekt RED. Many developers start off wanting to gain a reputation and then become a large enough company where that no longer matters (you could say that about alot of other companies - not necessarily in the gaming community).

Give it time, eventually you may see the lack of serious development and check out some mods (they seem to have this uncanny habit of fixing or adding features leaving you scratching your head wondering, "why didn't the developers add that in the base game already"). Hell, a modder managed to add a private server at the beginning of early access stating how easy it was and the developers apparently said that he was making them look bad (I don't have a link for this though).
Terco_Viejo might have the link though (I don't know how to notify people in the forums).

Sure, like CD Projekt RED. Many developers start off wanting to gain a reputation and then become a large enough company where that no longer matters (you could say that about alot of other companies - not necessarily in the gaming community).

Give it time, eventually you may see the lack of serious development and check out some mods (they seem to have this uncanny habit of fixing or adding features leaving you scratching your head wondering, "why didn't the developers add that in the base game already"). Hell, a modder managed to add a private server at the beginning of early access stating how easy it was and the developers apparently said that he was making them look bad (I don't have a link for this though).
Terco_Viejo might have the link though (I don't know how to notify people in the forums).
Here is a link that I share for anyone who might be interested; the whole thread is a must read.

offtopic: to notify someone you must first type @ and then the nickname/alias of the person you want to notify.
---
As for the Op's opinion, totally valid, however the blindfolds prevent to see if the stars are shining. That misnamed " hate" towards the game is nothing more than sharp criticism born from love in many occasions quite deserved in my eyes. To paraphrase Bernanos I would say that true hate is disinterest, and the perfect murder is oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom