Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Currently viewing this thread:

Who are you, to speak on behalf of other people...
He was stating his own opinion. I actually been reading over the forums this week and notice a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night. Specially right after most of the globe was shut down last year. A lot of the modern day gamers seem to complain if you gave them 1000 dollars they would ***** that it wasn't 1001 dollars. They just aren't happy unless they are *****ing.

I have over 1K hours in this game so far and have a lot of fun testing things out, but you k now what I don't do, expect things that aren't there yet to happen over night. I log on every patch play a game with no mods, than I go and play it completely molded up with my fav mods and some new ones and than I go play other games. I have several games in my library that are in EA state of development. Most of us never been in a game development so we don't know what it takes to do so and some times things take longer than is expected. I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.

As some one that mods his game a lot I have over the time since it went EA actually stop using some mods cause they where implomented into the game. There is a lot of content we haven't seen yet cause they have to get other things to work first to get them to work or it would be even a bigger crashing mess.

Now this part might piss some folks off, a lot of the problems i see in games from players aren't the game it self. Not pointing any fingers but lets be honest, your 5-10 year old system is out dated and your going to have problems playing any modern games. If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen times (yes I have trouble shoot players that had HDD drives only). If you have 8g of RAM you need to update that to 16G to help with applications running, the actual normal for most modern game is 32 not 16. If your graphic card is older than a 980 your prob due to update it. Not saying games wont run on these older system but they are a lot of the issues folks are having trying to run newer games that isn't the games fault.

Also learn to install the right mods and how to remove bad mods, that is pretty much the number one causes of crashes I found with this game and others......

Yes there is a lot of stuff I would like to see added or fixed in the game, but I"m not going to sit here trolling and *****ing about it. Learned a long time ago that most Devs don't care what most players think or say. What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.

bonerstorm

Veteran
He was stating his own opinion. I actually been reading over the forums this week and notice a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night. Specially right after most of the globe was shut down last year. A lot of the modern day gamers seem to complain if you gave them 1000 dollars they would ***** that it wasn't 1001 dollars. They just aren't happy unless they are *****ing.

I have over 1K hours in this game so far and have a lot of fun testing things out, but you k now what I don't do, expect things that aren't there yet to happen over night. I log on every patch play a game with no mods, than I go and play it completely molded up with my fav mods and some new ones and than I go play other games. I have several games in my library that are in EA state of development. Most of us never been in a game development so we don't know what it takes to do so and some times things take longer than is expected. I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.

As some one that mods his game a lot I have over the time since it went EA actually stop using some mods cause they where implomented into the game. There is a lot of content we haven't seen yet cause they have to get other things to work first to get them to work or it would be even a bigger crashing mess.

Now this part might piss some folks off, a lot of the problems i see in games from players aren't the game it self. Not pointing any fingers but lets be honest, your 5-10 year old system is out dated and your going to have problems playing any modern games. If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen times (yes I have trouble shoot players that had HDD drives only). If you have 8g of RAM you need to update that to 16G to help with applications running, the actual normal for most modern game is 32 not 16. If your graphic card is older than a 980 your prob due to update it. Not saying games wont run on these older system but they are a lot of the issues folks are having trying to run newer games that isn't the games fault.

Also learn to install the right mods and how to remove bad mods, that is pretty much the number one causes of crashes I found with this game and others......

Yes there is a lot of stuff I would like to see added or fixed in the game, but I"m not going to sit here trolling and *****ing about it. Learned a long time ago that most Devs don't care what most players think or say. What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.
  1. The devs have stated they aren't planning on any new major features
  2. I am a gamer and community member of many EA projects (my favorites are Starsector and Ostranauts) - I'm happy with them because the devs actually communicate with and listen to their players, unlike TW. I happily spend hours testing and giving detailed bug reports to Daniel Fedor because he is a real human who responds thoughtfully every time I @ him on the bug channel in Discord. TW barely gives us the time of day and - with mexxico leaving - even that's going away.
  3. You're wrong about the system requirements. Devs have been clear that CTD bugs are not because of old hardware - it's because of CTD bugs. I don't know if they fixed it, but for the longest time BL wouldn't even use all the system resources available (I think it capped at one CPU core and 2G ram and no VRAM).

Aurex

Regular
WB
He was stating his own opinion.
Yes and no. He was also speaking as if he was a representative for both the players *and* Taleworlds. He's of course entitled to have and share an opinion, the forums exist for that very reason. You also didn't quote the part of the post I wrote about right to free speech (of course you didn't.)
a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night.
I actually post criticism. I see nothing praiseworthy at the moment - I would be thoroughly praising the game if it warranted praise. Also, this game has been in active development for 8 years. More than that, actually. That is, sadly, a fact - it's not overnight. More like overDECADE.
I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.
While I would generally agree that a polished, complete game is preferable to a half-baked one and that the AAA market is being rather awful at the moment, they have clearly stated the game is basically feature-complete and that nothing big will be added aside from the new battle scenes and map system. So... what we have now, what we had a year ago... that, right there, is basically what we're going to get. I, as well as many others, think it's too little, too late.
If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen time
Apologies if I come on strong on this, but that is blatant misinformation and extremely silly.
Hardware demanding titles I've installed on my HDD without having a single FPS/performance issue:
-RDR2
-GTA5
-Doom (2016)
-Doom Eternal
-Days Gone
-Battlefront 2
-Elite Dangerous
-Kingdom Come: Deliverance
-Hitman 2
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Stellaris
All of those are horribly superior, both in engine and graphics, not to mention calculations per second (see Stellaris...) to Bannerlord. Taleworlds has no excuse, and your attempt to defend what shouldn't and couldn't be defended baffles me.
What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.
I reported ****tons of bugs. I actually have a list of them - all 24.
The most severe is the current UI lag, which made me stop playing altogether. Reported by a lot of people, not just me, and still not fixed after more than a month. Apparently fixed in the TURKISH VERSION only.
Defend that, if you'd like.

Tirdezan

Master Knight
There, as in in year 2021 fans have splitted among (amogus lol) themselves and started a civil war, battle was bloody since started, who will rule the threads? Join this exquisite adventure and start your own thread.

danEN

Banned
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Top Bottom