Text Refreshment Mod 0.96c - Updated January 09

Users who are viewing this thread

Version Update: Public Beta 0.96c

Version 0.96c:
This is mainly a compatibility update:

Added an alternate troops file that is compatible with the native troop tree. It also features a handful of gear changes aimed at economical realism. Gear and equipment changes include the reduction in commonality of heavy armor, swords and armored/well bred horses across the game on units who realistically could never afford them. In this alternate file swords and heavy armor are predominantly only found on nobles and mercenaries while spears were made more common with the rabble. Mercanaries are now a bit more desirable. Armored horses were significantly reduced in frequency on the battlefield, Rouncy (Saddle-Horses), Courser and Hunter horses will be more common and in that order. Cavalry are less powerful because of this and it helps counter infantry being less powerful now. This file also fixes Harringoth's and Dula's face. All changes to equipment allocation were kept with balance in mind and are my own personal preferences. See the installation section for further instructions if you wish to use this.

Take note that this alternate troops.txt file in saved-games that use the standard Floris units will not be compatible and will require a new game.

Other general changes:

The starting quest town Merchants now have names. So instead of 'Merchant of Praven' you will see for example 'Francisco Medici' for the Rhodoks, and 'Ulric Fugger' for Swadia and so on.

Fixed an an error on my part that mentioned Calradia in one instance as 'the Calradia.'

Fixed a handful of instances where the word 'Automatically' was misspelled.

Fixed a few occurrences of poor punctuation from native.

monnikje said:
I'll be including this minimod in the next update :smile:

Awesome.

myname said:
No, I meant using the native troop tree with the Expanded Mod pack (From the Introduction + Downloads page: "If you want the native troop tree, without any of the new items assigned to the troops, you can download an optional patch").

Is that possible?

Version 0.96c now has an optional compatibility add-on for this. See the installation instructions.

zxc said:
Great minimod.

One thing which I find very irritating is the misspelling of 'automatically' in the auto-buy, auto-loot and auto-sell menus, so I suggest fixing that in the next version. I had another thing to suggest but I've forgotten it... I'll edit this or repost if/when I remember.

Fixed in version 0.96c, nice spot, thanks.

No luck with the other suggestion yet?

I stumbled upon this in the forge:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50779.0.html

A troop tree generator. Might not be as pretty, but its better than having a wrong troop tree :wink:

Shaxx said:
zxc said:
Great minimod.

One thing which I find very irritating is the misspelling of 'automatically' in the auto-buy, auto-loot and auto-sell menus, so I suggest fixing that in the next version. I had another thing to suggest but I've forgotten it... I'll edit this or repost if/when I remember.

Fixed in version 0.96c, nice spot, thanks.

Awesome =) Also like the realism tweaks, looking forward to trying this out.

Shaxx said:
No luck with the other suggestion yet?

Nope, I think I imagined it =P

I would like to make a suggestion for your submod  :lol:

Doesnt it seem odd to you that when you hunt down bandits that they talk to you like they had just ambushed you?
Especially when you have an army of 150 battle-hardened men behind you. Its just weird that those 5 looters yell: Yer money or yer lifes!

Sure they are rednecks, but they cant be that stupid.

Think you could add a seperate dialog for this?

One request: Since you are making alternate trees, any chance you could make one that uses this packs expanded troop tree (with the new items, love the variety) but with more 'standard' unit names like in Native?

I'm not a huge history guy, so all of the historic names for units do nothing but confuse me, and without constantly referring the the unit trees, I'm never sure if the next upgrade is to an archer, a melee guy, or a knight.

Or if not, could someone point me to how I would go about doing this myself? And the possible risks (never modded before).

Hey, love this mod and awesome work!

just one thing, when making improvements to villages it says it will take several hundred days to complete, i dont know if this is just me screwing up or what!

it should, tho Im having trouble, I installed the .96c and copied everything into my Floris folder. I know that part of its working cuz the Merchants at the beginning have names,  but the codes for the troops are still there. :/ Any ideas?

Duh said:
I would like to make a suggestion for your submod  :lol:

Doesnt it seem odd to you that when you hunt down bandits that they talk to you like they had just ambushed you?
Especially when you have an army of 150 battle-hardened men behind you. Its just weird that those 5 looters yell: Yer money or yer lifes!

Sure they are rednecks, but they cant be that stupid.

Think you could add a seperate dialog for this?

An interesting idea... I could take a look and see what I could do. But I am running short on time right now.

SynCaine said:
One request: Since you are making alternate trees, any chance you could make one that uses this packs expanded troop tree (with the new items, love the variety) but with more 'standard' unit names like in Native?

I'm not a huge history guy, so all of the historic names for units do nothing but confuse me, and without constantly referring the the unit trees, I'm never sure if the next upgrade is to an archer, a melee guy, or a knight.

Or if not, could someone point me to how I would go about doing this myself? And the possible risks (never modded before).

The 'alternate' tree is just the standard native tree downloadable in the main thread that I made a few modifications to. I only uploaded because a Text Overhaul version of the standard tree was requested.

Nines said:
Hey, love this mod and awesome work!

just one thing, when making improvements to villages it says it will take several hundred days to complete, i dont know if this is just me screwing up or what!

Actually, that is my fault... I set that with tweakMB and completely forgot about it. You can change it by using TweakMB (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0) under the Towns/Villages tab, clicking Build Time and Cost then reverting it to the default 100%.

That was meant for my personal game only. My apologies. I wanted to capture the difficulty of building structures in the middle ages.

Alex Dragon said:
Does this work for Floris expaned mod v2.3 ?

That version has most of my changes already in it, save the troop identification. I would not advise installing 0.96c over a 2.3 install of the Expanded version.

You can however remove those on your own fairly easily by using notepad or notepad++ (the latter preferred). Just use cntrl H and in the find box begin with a letter designation, there A (Archers) I (Infantry) C (Cavalry) and H (Horse Arches). Then use a number and an underscore to also be found. Start with 1 and go to 9 and replace them with nothing, not even a space.

So it would like this:

Find:
A1_

Replace with:
(Blank)

After that it would be:

A2_

A3_

And so on and so forth. It takes around five minutes or so. Make sure to back up the troops file though, just in-case you make a mistake.

rbcarter101 said:
it should, tho Im having trouble, I installed the .96c and copied everything into my Floris folder. I know that part of its working cuz the Merchants at the beginning have names,  but the codes for the troops are still there. :/ Any ideas?

I have not had a lot of time to look at the files in Floris 2.3 but I would not recommend this course of action. Results would be unpredictable and new features/bug-fixes/balance changes will not be present.

However, I am a bit puzzled why your troop codes are still there... if you used either of the troops text files from the 0.96c version, those should be gone. That is, if it even loaded up properly.

Overall I am not actively upgrading this for the mod-pack. The mod is 95% integrated into the main mod itself and is largely finished, so the need is fairly small.

yes, but I do have a solution. I also liked the features of Lazeras Modified Version and Reworked Troop Tree, so i installed them one after another and I have a feeling they conflicted.  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom