Tercios_GST_Server stealing work without permission

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergi the leader of Tercio has informed me as of now,  that all the maps that were previously hosted on GK and Wolfpack have been taken down.  I was told to tell everyone he is deeply sorry,  and a combination of his very poor english and outright shame has denied him the ability to post his apology himself as of now (he said he is on the verge of tears) and may post soon.  He said he had good intentions at first but realizes now what he did was deeply wrong.  He wants nothing more than to reconcile himself to the warband community and promised this sort of thing will not repeat. 

Due to his actions and words I personally feel he in being sincere.  I have personally forgiven him. 

I will keep waiting for a public apology.
It doesn't matter if its written with Google translator.
My english isn't well too ...

But you said all GK and Wolfpack maps?

What about the maps owned by the Gothic clan?
We got Copyright for all of them ... just to let you know.

Colonel Greed said:
Once the maps are removed we always have no wish to continue this,and consider the situation resolved. Hopefully they`ll keep their promise  :wink:

I have been informed that they are now removed.  So you can verify by hopping on their server and checking.  But I believe that even if you do see one of yours it was in error.  I believe they truly want to remove them. 

Raxxter said:
I will keep waiting for a public apology.
It doesn't matter if its written with Google translator.
My english isn't well too ...

But you said all GK and Wolfpack maps?

What about the maps owned by the Gothic clan?
We got Copyright for all of them ... just to let you know.

Not sure buddy,  you would have to double check but I believe they removed all maps except the ones hosted on the Nexus. 

I don't see the big deal about people getting their panties in a bunch about their work being used. If everybody just put the work they did up for OSP no one would get upset, it would be way easier and faster to make mods, and the mods would be many. If every body would put their ego's aside and worked for the "community", it would be the M&B utopia that we all know could be possible.  Damn us humans and our ego's. We'll one can dream, right.  Wait, if you use someones work though and pass it off as your own, then you should be burned at the stake.

madmaximillian said:
I don't see the big deal about people getting their panties in a bunch about their work being used. If everybody just put the work they did up for OSP no one would get upset, it would be way easier and faster to make mods, and the mods would be many. If every body would put their ego's aside and worked for the "community", it would be the M&B utopia that we all know could be possible.  Damn us humans and our ego's. We'll one can dream, right.  Wait, if you use someones work though and pass it off as your own, then you should be burned at the stake.

Without protected original content the GK server would be dead long ago.  With GK dead the NA scene would be much smaller today.  If EU servers could simply use our maps,  40% of our players would have no reason to visit out server. 

Without protected original content the GK server would be dead long ago.  With GK dead the NA scene would be much smaller today.  If EU servers could simply use our maps,  40% of our players would have no reason to visit out server.

yeah multiplayer, you right. I guess I was speaking more of singleplayer mods and since this thread is about a multiplayer issue I will now shut the **** up. thank you

For the sake of having a different opinion than most in this thread, here's mine:

Tercios should have asked permission before using maps.

Maps should not be specific to one server, and having maps specific to one server doesn't really help the community. At all. Really, if a map is downloaded by literally every single person who uses your server, it's not practical to draw lines in the sand over hosting the maps. There has to be a degree of mutual respect and trust, but beyond that, it's petty.

In my experience most mapmakers share their content if asked nicely, however when people simply take it and claim it as their own, not recognizing the efforts of the creator, toes get stepped on.

What? Somebody stole your maps? Ill leave a note for the internet police. Just let me write it up on my typewriter!
there is no typewriter or internet police

miller12 said:
What? Somebody stole your maps? Ill leave a note for the internet police. Just let me write it up on my typewriter!
there is no typewriter or internet police

picard-facepalm.jpg

I think the thing some of you are missing is that we are not only map makers,  but clan leaders and run a clan server.  We make our maps for our server and clan to promote them.  We don't map for the devs,  we map for our clans.  For king and country!!!!  :cool:

Deaf Blind Dave said:
I think the thing some of you are missing is that we are not only map makers,  but clan leaders and run a clan server.  We make our maps for our server and clan to promote them.  We don't map for the devs,  we map for our clans.  For king and country!!!!  :cool:

No server can use your maps but you
You ask for money from the community
You claim that you do this to support the community

I still think permission is the way to go, but map hoarding for the sake of having something exclusive that no one else can use but you is pretty grade school. Arguing that you are doing it for the community when you don't let the community use the resource is a blatant lie.

Allowing people to play with your mod/map is allowing the community to use your ressources. Whether or not a creator allows further usage of his work is up to him and your petty trolling will luckily not have any effect on that. If you honestly care about ressources for the community, go ahead and create some.

Duh said:
Allowing people to play with your mod/map is allowing the community to use your ressources. Whether or not a creator allows further usage of his work is up to him and your petty trolling will luckily not have any effect on that. If you honestly care about ressources for the community, go ahead and create some.

I have, and I will continue to to do so, [your username].

Seriously, claiming I haven't added to the resources of the community shows how completely ****ing ignorant you are. **** off.

Reading comprehension 101. I told you to create things, i didnt make any statements in regards to what you already created.

I won't read what you write anymore.
Duh said:

Seriously, how dumb are you to bring up reading comprehension, then make a statement about something that was addressed in the post right before yours? Un-****ing-believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom