TDM Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

In warband you can easily fight 2 mediocre players at the same time, and even defeat the whole team of new players single-handedly by just your reaction, movement and blocking skills. Over here however the current combat feels slower/more clumsy. The blocking feels slower like all the weapons have the unbalanced stat on them.

Hitting enemies first doesn't matter because the stun when being hit is so slow that many times the new player will simply manage to strike back at yo at the same time by just left spamming his mouse, so you got no other way but to block him back even though you started hitting him first. It's also harder to out angle new players, double attack them, use the the out spacing trick on them where you strike them from left, backup so their swing goes in the air and you swing them back with the right attack, can't use chambers on them, using thrust attacks or nudges is too dangerous and not worth the risk.

So in the end basically the combat feels more casual, normie like. It's harder to stand out as an infantry champion on the TDM battlefield, sure you can just hop on the empire glaive cav and camp 60kills one shotting anybody, but it doesn't have that niche warband multiplayer feel no more.

The combat seems slow sometimes and it does need tweaking for sure but it's definitely possible to 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 even. I think most of the issues will be ironed out over time with many small tweaks to the combat system / optimisation.

The combat seems slow sometimes and it does need tweaking for sure but it's definitely possible to 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 even. I think most of the issues will be ironed out over time with many small tweaks to the combat system / optimisation.
sure you can, but it's way harder because of the new combat. your hits bouncing back on enemies, you not being able to jump away from a gank as good as in warband etc.

I can handle 1v2s for the most part but being outnumbered is certainly harder now. blocking seems slower and im also getting used to the chained attack animation because that throws me off quite a bit

sure you can, but it's way harder because of the new combat. your hits bouncing back on enemies, you not being able to jump away from a gank as good as in warband etc.

Bouncing, blunt hits, wide angle of swings,... these are major issues right now and that's mostly because of these reasons that you have a hard time fighting multiple opponents at the same time.

For example in Warband, those issues were happening so rarely that it was really surprising when it was happening. When you wanted to hit somebody in a 2 vs 1 and for some reason you ended up hitting the other guy's shield it was really unusual. What you were aiming at is what you were hitting.

On Bannerlord though, it's just a common thing, something you're expecting whenever you're fighting two people or more and that's why right now we're trying to back away from fights rather than trying to run in between some guys, trying to switch,... because we know we're going to bounce unintentionally every single time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom