TaleWorlds Appreciation Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
I've played for so much lately after I got a new computer, and the game is tons of fun already. Looking forward to new content coming in as well. And mods. But as we all know there is a pandemic ongoing, so safety first.

Playing as the Empire I've conquered half the world with my faction, the other half is waging a ruthless war on us. But we are bloodying our way forth. You can feel the tension in battles and the action is packed with treasurable moments. Moments like standing in the shield wall, cleaving the incoming hordes and then taking advantage of the enemies retreat to charge everyone in and fight your way from one end of the battlefield to another.

Horses galloping and screaming, men yelling, blood spurting, the clang of metal, it all comes together to create an immersive medieval battle.

Thank you for communicating with us, the fans, and thank you for sometimes implementing our ideas. Some of us may seem harsh, but I don't think we would be here if we didn't love the game.

So I just wanted to say thank you for providing us with this joy, TaleWorlds.

Some of us may seem harsh, but I don't think we would be here if we didn't love the game.
This, people are here giving feedback or criticizing and asking for more communication with the playerbase because they love this game/series and want to see it reach it's full potential, i know we can all get a bit carried away and speak harshly but people wouldn't do this if they didn't cared.

The game is good but it can be better even legendary, just need to will to make so :grin:

More appreciation threads please, in the last year it has been proven that positive comments push TW to work even harder and improve the game! Who knows maybe if we give them another 10 years they can leave early access behind, but still this statement might be a bit overly ambitious.

This, people are here giving feedback or criticizing and asking for more communication with the playerbase because they love this game/series and want to see it reach it's full potential, i know we can all get a bit carried away and speak harshly but people wouldn't do this if they didn't cared.

The game is good but it can be better even legendary, just need to will to make so :grin:
Exactly right.

I only wish people would get carried away more politely.

Anyway, keep it well, people! :smile:

I do appreciate the core idea, some of the core mechanics and the general idea of what the game should be. I also... well, appreciated and played the hell out of Warband and Napoleonic Wars.
That's pretty much it, though...

I appreciate TW as well, especially the people whose job description does not include talking to the community, like Mexxico for example.
These are the real heroes, and very often have more direct communication with the community than the community managers themselves.

Mexxico also stays up posting and talking to us way past midnight. He is simply a hero and should have a freaking medal.

The day he leaves, there will be a huge gap in TW's communication with the community which is already lacking, and I fear for that day.
I have no idea what he is going to do next, but I can honestly say that if he puts this much effort into his next project (assuming it is a game), then it's something I might be seriously interested in.

Basically my faith in TW has been replaced by my faith in Mexxico.

Inappropriate language
You guys are part of the problem. You're precisely the reasons why developers take less and less responsibilities for their failures and don't grow from them.
You're the reasons Early Acces baits and false advertisement thrive in this industry, because of shoe licking cucks like you they won't ever learn properly of their mistake. One year since they've money grabbed the hell out of us and still nothing is improving with their communication and respect for the community that essentially built their fame thanks to mods, the management of the developpement is still as chaotic as day one, it'll probably take two more years for this game to be properly fun and playable, even if extremely skewed and poor taste ideas from boomers not even playing their own game while being in charge in the studio of the final decisions apparently seems to condemn the true futur this game could have had. Thanks god modders complete Taleworlds unfinished work as always.

Last edited:
You guys are part of the problem. You're precisely the reasons why developers take less and less responsibilities for their failures and grow from them.
You're the reasons Early Acces baits and false advertisement thrive in this industry, because of shoe licking cucks like you they won't ever learn properly of their mistake. One year since they've money grabbed the hell out of us and still nothing is improving with their communication and respect for the community that essentially built their fame thanks to mods, the management of the developpement is still as chaotic as day one, it'll probably take two more years for this game to be properly fun and playable especially if modders complete Taleworlds unfinished work as always.
Honestly that has nothing to do with the community, and everything to do with poor management and greedy/lazy people in TW.

The community, developers, artists and other employees of TW are certainly not to blame for this s*** show EA.

Of course ! As I've said numerous times before, it's obvious taleworlds is mostly composed of talented developers and artists ! There's proof of it everywhere in the game.
The issue come from the people in charge of making the final decisions, regarding gameplay and communications.
It's pretty obvious those peoples are what condemning this game potential, it's most probably old boomers not even playing their own game, from what we can see in so many insanely poor gameplay decisions at least.
I can't wait for a well directed game dev studio to take the idea from Taleworlds and finally making the game we were all promised, some day hopefully.
In the meantime I'm never ever giving one cent to TW, they've completely destroyed the faith any rational player/fan could have in them, except for beta shoe licking cucks that keep supporting them and preventing them to grow by learning from their mistakes properly.
If all the players were united results could have actually been achieved with simple boycotting, like what's happening with Cyberpunk, I'm pretty sure THEY understood what to avoid doing now...
In any case, let's hope the modding community will manage to make this game truly fun one day.

Last edited:
You guys are part of the problem. You're precisely the reasons why developers take less and less responsibilities for their failures and grow from them.
You're the reasons Early Acces baits and false advertisement thrive in this industry, because of shoe licking cucks like you they won't ever learn properly of their mistake. One year since they've money grabbed the hell out of us and still nothing is improving with their communication and respect for the community that essentially built their fame thanks to mods, the management of the developpement is still as chaotic as day one, it'll probably take two more years for this game to be properly fun and playable, even if extremely skewed and poor taste ideas from boomers not even playing their own game while being in charge in the studio of the final decisions apparently seems to condemn the true futur this game could have had. Thanks god modders complete Taleworlds unfinished work as always.
Honestly that has nothing to do with the community, and everything to do with poor management and greedy/lazy people in TW.

The community, developers, artists and other employees of TW are certainly not to blame for this s*** show EA.

This time (contrary to one previous thread) i fully agree with @Stromming (wink wink :grin:). This whole EA mess has nothing to do with the Community. They simply allowed it - the way it is now. The whole communication inconsistency, ball (@MadVader - please don't) is always on their side of the pitch... If there is anybody to blame for anything here its Taleworlds, Taleworlds and Taleworlds.

P.S. I very much love this game, no matter what old tech/buggy code it has. The game has got the potential though... to be great, to be replayable, you start to think...can i do this and that differently, you want to roleplay the game... but it does not allow you. Lets you go to the prison, town, village, and allows you to stare at things. Nothing more. One would expect some features (not only those critical - actually delivered by e.g. mexxico). Staring at green tress was nice especially we have had snowy winter in the Europe but for how long this will make you play ?

Only the best and caring friend will tell you the painful truth in the face...

Honestly that has nothing to do with the community
This whole EA mess has nothing to do with the Community
Yeah of course I agree ! But by keeping praising TaleWorlds and showing appreciation when they repeatedly **** in our face since they've stole our money with false promises, part of the community is preventing TaleWorlds to change their behavior.

Yeah of course I agree ! But by keeping praising TaleWorlds and showing appreciation when they repeatedly **** in our face since they've stole our money with false promises, part of the community is preventing TaleWorlds to change their behavior.
I have a strong feeling they don't care either way. Praising and scolding should be somehow balanced to make overall positive effect. It is not that they F**ked up completely - which would be e.g. announcing EA finalization now (i know some of you crazy mother***kers wait for moders to step in as it is some kind of long lasting prophecy...) :wink:

Hey what about the modding community, the guys that pleasure you for free.
I like the way you talk. And yes, they are also appreciated. Along with all the suggestion givers and feedback relayers, and developers, community managers, moderators, administrators, governors, lords, vassals, companions, friends, ladies, and gentlemen. :grin:

Most people on this forum played it for hundreds or thousands of hours, which means Taleworlds managed to create a pretty amazing game.

It also means that most of the criticism comes from experts who truly understand how the game works and how it can be improved. So guess it would be wise to listen to these people.

Gamers are a weird bunch of people. Many of us don't have the realization that we are consumers in the market. I paid a AAA price for this game and I get a product far from my expectation. I would argue that even if I get something exactly conforms to my expectation, I would not appreciate the company, because this is how it suppose to work.
If I ever become a dictator, I hope my country is filled with people who like to appreciate things.

Back
Top Bottom