TaleWorlds Appreciation Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Of course we are consumers but no need to be asshats just because we paid for something, we can all be gentlemen and appreciate people for their good work while at the same time criticizing their mistakes/bad choices.

Say you went to a bakery to buy that cake you just love, for some reason the cake is bad this time, will you talk with them nicely to complain about it and get a new cake/money back or will you give a tantrum, scream and throw the cake in the face of the cashier?

First case you are in your right and if they don't fix the issue they'll lose a consumer and more from word of mouth, second case you are just a stupid asshat that everyone could do without and no one will take your feedback seriously.
I see you are starting to use extremes for cases. I doubt many people will behave like the second case you described IF what happened in the first case is available to them. You had a bad cake, and if you complain for it you can have a new cake or your money back? Why would the bakery do that? Being afraid of losing a customer? Too bad, for TW, they actuallly has the monopoly on this genre here. (I would argue that if Anthem was the only looter shooter on the market, its fate would be totally different) How about legislation? Such legislation does not come from no where, it requires constant effort from the consumers and struggle between them and the companies. If all consumers are just pushovers who like to appreciate companies for just doing their jobs (even when they are doing subpar jobs), these legislations will never be passed.

I stand by my dictator example. If you live in a free country, you can be care free as you want, but know this, you can afford being care free because people had sacrificed their lives for your rights decades or centuries ago. So, don't take your rights as a consumer for granted, stop appreciating the companies, and start to fight for your rights. It does not have to be anything extreme, but voicing your concerns and stop taking the side of these appreciation posts would be a start.

I cannot, but honestly believe that by continuing what you are doing, it will just have the opposite effect.
That was well intentioned and polite - I've deleted the post and will try to stick to less snarkyness in the future.

I see you are starting to use extremes for cases. I doubt many people will behave like the second case you described IF what happened in the first case is available to them. You had a bad cake, and if you complain for it you can have a new cake or your money back? Why would the bakery do that? Being afraid of losing a customer? Too bad, for TW, they actuallly has the monopoly on this genre here. (I would argue that if Anthem was the only looter shooter on the market, its fate would be totally different) How about legislation? Such legislation does not come from no where, it requires constant effort from the consumers and struggle between them and the companies. If all consumers are just pushovers who like to appreciate companies for just doing their jobs (even when they are doing subpar jobs), these legislations will never be passed.

I stand by my dictator example. If you live in a free country, you can be care free as you want, but know this, you can afford being care free because people had sacrificed their lives for your rights decades or centuries ago. So, don't take your rights as a consumer for granted, stop appreciating the companies, and start to fight for your rights. It does not have to be anything extreme, but voicing your concerns and stop taking the side of these appreciation posts would be a start.
I get what you are going for here... but I just want to say I like the cool stabby horse riding game. Let's not make this a big philosophical thing...

It's possible to thanks Taleworlds for having the direction to make a game in a very rare genre - and critise elements we don't like. These aren't mutually exclusive.

Stevehoos rather expertly disarmed me with a kind response to an agitated discussion the other day and it has totally made me revaluate this whole forum thing. :xf-smile:
giphy.gif

It's possible to thanks Taleworlds for having the direction to make a game in a very rare genre - and critise elements we don't like. These aren't mutually exclusive.
That''s my position, i like the game but don't like the direction they went with many designs, balance decisions and features (or the lack of them), i can praise or criticize when it's due, not gonna make the development of a game a personal thing, if TW fail to deliver on my expectations they just gonna lose one client and whomever more listen/agree to my complaints about it and that's me voting with my wallet as a consumer.

This MP part of this game rocks. No monthly sub, open world, being able to pick any weapons and horses even as peasant, solid.

Say you went to a bakery to buy that cake you just love, for some reason the cake is bad this time, will you talk with them nicely to complain about it and get a new cake/money back or will you give a tantrum, scream and throw the cake in the face of the cashier?
First off, i apperciate the work TW has done.

I understand what you're trying to explain, but i see it differently.

The Baker in question made a few nice cakes and deserves credit for exploring those new types of cakes. But there were always amateur bakers who would improve the recipe and hand out much improved cakes for free on the streets.

Then the baker decides its time for its own improved version. A lot of amateur bakers and the consumers give feedback how the cake could be greater then before.

After a paying for this cake everyone except the baker realizes the baker has ignored lot of the basic wishes for improvement from consumers and modders. Slowly but surely people start complaining that the taste and texture is off and could be better if the baker would just listen to the feedback. The baker decides they're all wrong because he know best.

Do you truly expect us to stay positive even though the baker is ignoring most basic feedback time and again?

But the baker said they haven't yet seen the final form of his cake and they should just shut up and be patient while he experiments.
Maybe in the end the people will get the cake they didn't know they wanted.

I dont get all these PC Video games to Cars and Cakes analogies. Obviously yall never heard of a false analogy. The proper analogy for Bannerlord is being promised a tall well muscled and spotted Giraffe from the zoo and in actuality being given a rough coated pigmy Llama. Obvious.

I dont get all these PC Video games to Cars and Cakes analogies. Obviously yall never heard of a false analogy. The proper analogy for Bannerlord is being promised a tall well muscled and spotted Giraffe from the zoo and in actuality being given a rough coated pigmy Llama. Obvious.
TBH, I'd be pretty impressed if someone showed up at my front door with a rough coated pigmy llama and only asked me for $50 for it.

But the disturbing thing is that the giraffe's owner himself told us in mid-2017 that the giraffe was almost ready to be seen, with only the "finishing touches" of trimming its hooves and straightening the hair on its tail.

Well... on the other side of the glass I didn't see the giraffe :iamamoron:?

giphy.gif

But the disturbing thing is that the giraffe's owner himself told us in mid-2017 that the giraffe was almost ready to be seen, with only the "finishing touches" of trimming its hooves and straightening the hair on its tail.

Well... on the other side of the glass I didn't see the giraffe :iamamoron:?

giphy.gif

Didnt in Gamescon (2018 or 2019, cant remember, but there was a playable demo) one of the devs said that Bannerlord was 80% completed and Armagan came out and said it wasnt close?

Didnt in Gamescon (2018 or 2019, cant remember, but there was a playable demo) one of the devs said that Bannerlord was 80% completed and Armagan came out and said it wasnt close?
I honestly don't remember about 2018/19 (insert 84 years meme here), but what there is data on is the interview "in Turkish" from 2017, which Varrak & Goker kindly translated into English (the translation is supposed to be faithful and honest). You have the translation and the video in the spoiler.

Original
Merlin'in Kazanı: Greetings from "Merlin's Cauldron", we're in LA, on the first day of E3. We're starting our interviews with the sponsorship of MSI Gaming Laptop. Our first interview will be out a game hailing from our own country that is very much of interest to people. As you can see in the images behind me, it's Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord and I have here, next to me, Armağan Yavuz.

MK: Hello Mr. Armağan, how are you?

Armağan Yavuz: Hello, I'm good, thank you.

MK: First off, we're on the first day of E3, this must be a very busy couple of days for you. What are your thoughts on E3?

AY: We're very excited. As gamers would know, we've been working on Bannerlord for a long time with the development team. We've made good preperations and have videos published. We're offering the press to test the game out and experience it themselves.

MK: Yes, we've also tried the game out inside, it is very good. Compared to the first game, there are a lot of differences, with the new shield system, the command system, you've made a lot of changes. Can you give us some general info on what's different?

AY: Of course, in E3 this year we're specifically showing the differences in the combat and battle systems. There are a couple of very important differences to the combat system, one of these would be the directional defence system that shields now have, like swords were able to do in the past iterations. If you defend on the correct direction with your shield, you get extra bonuses, like having your shield last longer or attack your enemy better afterwards. We've also added the ability to do shield bashes, which stuns enemies. Other than that, after making a strike with a sword, pushing the mouse button quickly again can lead to subsequent strikes, without losing momentum.

MK: The shield thing looks great and I think you do that with the "kick" button. Those who played the previous games would know that there was a kick button. When you hold the shield and press the kick button, you can try to hit with the shield. (Perhaps this means the kick is still in place but won't be done when holding the shield up?) I had a bit of a problem with the spear-wielding enemies but it is obviously very useful in close combat. Can we talk a bit about the command system, like can we do the "Crescent tactic" (Pincer Movement)?

AY: (laughing) Yes, you can do that as a commander. We have lots of good features in the command system as well. One of them would be that if you're not the main commander of the battle, the commander can give you command of a small company. You can be given command of the cavalry and be given commands like "strike from the flanks" but you decide what you want to do with your command. Aside from that, we have advanced formations, you can order soldiers to do a single-line or a circle, allowing for more tactical and important decisions to be made.

MK: Yeah, strategy seems to have become an important feature in the game. Lastly, I want to talk about the graphics. Lots of differences there, with helmet tassels moving, etc. I especially liked the desert area, with dust kicking up as soldiers move. What more can you say about the graphics?

AY: About the graphics, yeah, the team has been working a lot on it. Our cloth simulation has developed greatly and can be seen in multiple places, like in flags, horses' manes, and various clothings worn by soldiers, like the tassels on helmets. We try to use them as much as possible. We have very good particle effects, like the dust kicked up by horses in deserts. Pretty much every scene you can see has a couple of little graphical improvements, those little touches.

MK: Lastly, Bannerlord is a highly anticipated game both in our country and globally. You've been developing it for a long while. Any information on the release date, can you tell us how much of the development is done?

AY: We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it. As for how much of it is finished, most of it is currently done.

MK: Can we say that you're doing the finishing touches?

AY: Yeah, we're doing the finishing touches. When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it.

TW can't even make a simple pointy stick works, really? appreciation?
Spear how it they worken

I'm thankful TW made Warband - countless hours of fun - mods and multiplayer.

Bannerlord on the other hand, the pizza needs more time in the oven before we can go to the zoo.

There seems to be some negativity in the forums occasionally, therefore threads like these are needed. Just like Ying and Yang is part of our everyday lives, so is love and hate.

People love the game so much that they spite hateful comments on the forums because of it. Ying and Yang.

One can perhaps also liken it to the battle between good and evil. Evil being the non-constructive belligerent hate threads, and the good being the detailed constructive feedback and bugfixing threads.

There is something philosophical about all of this. How we all come together to either criticize or praise this game. How an ancient Chinese philosophy is often correct.

There is beauty in these forums and our interactions here. Even if those interactions consists of unintelligible memes and snarky remarks.

Peace,
Lucius

Back
Top Bottom