TaleWorlds Appreciation Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Some positivity does sound very refreshing for a day. Spring has finally come here, it's a sunny day today. It has been a rough year, man. Everyone should pat themselves on the back non-ironically and give yourself some love today and the upcoming days.

What self-love looks like for me: eating good and balanced meals, exercising, going outside, and finding a reason to smile once more;

Winter sucks, so I'm going to enjoy the change.

Thank you devs, thank you modders, thank you bug testers. Thank you community and I also thank myself.

But ya, maybe take a break for a day or two and enjoy yourselves, everyone.

Some positivity does sound very refreshing for a day. Spring has finally come here, it's a sunny day today. It has been a rough year, man. Everyone should pat themselves on the back non-ironically and give yourself some love today and the upcoming days.

What self-love looks like for me: eating good and balanced meals, exercising, going outside, and finding a reason to smile once more;

Thank you devs, thank you modders, thank you bug testers. Thank you community and I also thank myself.

(y)

More appreciation threads please, in the last year it has been proven that positive comments push TW to work even harder and improve the game! Who knows maybe if we give them another 10 years they can leave early access behind, but still this statement might be a bit overly ambitious.

it's strange last year I would have rather said that the work is almost at the same level as today when everyone was encouraging them, the truth is that they do not look at our opinion

Last edited:
I appreciate Mexico who did a lot of things that he isn't obliged to and few other devs. But other then that there isn't much to appreciate about TW.

According to the poll you played Bannerlord 250-500 hours, so I guess it's Stockholm Syndrome indeed... :wink:
But I don´t think they´re doing a good job, otherwise I would have played 500+ hours. And most of my play time is from the early days, when I wasn´t even aware about all the broken stuff :wink: .

I appreciate the engine they have created, the engine is pretty good.

According to the poll you played Bannerlord 250-500 hours, so I guess it's Stockholm Syndrome indeed... :wink:
I think that I have 100+ hours of Bannerlord. Some of those hours have been because there was bug where you would close the game and it would keep running in the background. You wouldn't be able to start it again because Steam would think that it is still running.
You also could get some more hours because you had to start you game again after some patch to get taste of all new features...
And if you where modding you also got a lot more hours, especially if you were new with modding and C# (like me).
So number of hours isn't perfect metric.

Gamers are a weird bunch of people. Many of us don't have the realization that we are consumers in the market. I paid a AAA price for this game and I get a product far from my expectation. I would argue that even if I get something exactly conforms to my expectation, I would not appreciate the company, because this is how it suppose to work.
If I ever become a dictator, I hope my country is filled with people who like to appreciate things.
It's strange, but whenever I go to the bakery and buy some bread I say thank you. Of course I expected that I would get some bread but I still appreciate that other people are doing their job...
But I don´t think they´re doing a good job, otherwise I would have played 500+ hours. And most of my play time is from the early days, when I wasn´t even aware about all the broken stuff :wink: .

I appreciate the engine they have created, the engine is pretty good.
As I said earlier, most of the criticism is justified in my opinion.

Gamers are a weird bunch of people. Many of us don't have the realization that we are consumers in the market. I paid a AAA price for this game and I get a product far from my expectation. I would argue that even if I get something exactly conforms to my expectation, I would not appreciate the company, because this is how it suppose to work.
If I ever become a dictator, I hope my country is filled with people who like to appreciate things.
Of course we are consumers but no need to be asshats just because we paid for something, we can all be gentlemen and appreciate people for their good work while at the same time criticizing their mistakes/bad choices.

Say you went to a bakery to buy that cake you just love, for some reason the cake is bad this time, will you talk with them nicely to complain about it and get a new cake/money back or will you give a tantrum, scream and throw the cake in the face of the cashier?

First case you are in your right and if they don't fix the issue they'll lose a consumer and more from word of mouth, second case you are just a stupid asshat that everyone could do without and no one will take your feedback seriously.

We got an arcade game instead of a complex and rewarding one? Nice!!! Thanks taleworlds! you're the best!

I love the fact that we still don't have simple things like banners or ways to command our companion parties or the other million basic things that's missing..You guys are doing a solid job! great job bois, best game developers in the biz.

91SrL6CenyL.jpg
Stop it with this entitlement bull****.

TW hyped up a product, showcasing multiple complex systems that people were really interested in, and now that the game has been out in EA for almost a year, what do we know?

1. The complex systems were scrapped
2. They can't fix basic game systems like combat/siege/campaign AI and economy.
3. They introduce gamebreaking bugs that take weeks to fix in every patch.
4. We hear from developers that leadership are rejecting ideas from both devs and community alike with little to no motivation as to why
5. We hear from developers that they have to in fact make the game's already dumb AI even dumber so that they can hit console FPS targetrs
6. There is little to no communication from the people in charge of communicating with the community. Most of the communication we get is from people who do it of their own free will and on their own free time. People whose job description doesn't cover talking to us.

Imagine if any other company did this in any other product.
Cars for example.

Volkswagen hype up a car saying its going to have this and that bla bla bla
People buy the car
The car is far from what was promised, mechanically and software wise.
VW is actively making the software dumber.
People get outraged because they spent a lot of money on a product that had false advertising.

Now sure, you might want to say that this isn't a fair comparison because a car can't be in EA and the game isn't actually released yet, but we can already know that these complex systems and improvements over Warband which drew a lot of customers are never going to get implemented.

We might not be entitled to a lot of things. But we sure are entitled to be upset with TW how they have handled this entire situation.

Stop it with this entitlement bull****.

TW hyped up a product, showcasing multiple complex systems that people were really interested in, and now that the game has been out in EA for almost a year, what do we know?

1. The complex systems were scrapped
2. They can't fix basic game systems like combat/siege/campaign AI and economy.
3. They introduce gamebreaking bugs that take weeks to fix in every patch.
4. We hear from developers that leadership are rejecting ideas from both devs and community alike with little to no motivation as to why
5. We hear from developers that they have to in fact make the game's already dumb AI even dumber so that they can hit console FPS targetrs
6. There is little to no communication from the people in charge of communicating with the community. Most of the communication we get is from people who do it of their own free will and on their own free time. People whose job description doesn't cover talking to us.

Imagine if any other company did this in any other product.
Cars for example.

Volkswagen hype up a car saying its going to have this and that bla bla bla
People buy the car
The car is far from what was promised, mechanically and software wise.
VW is actively making the software dumber.
People get outraged because they spent a lot of money on a product that had false advertising.

Now sure, you might want to say that this isn't a fair comparison because a car can't be in EA and the game isn't actually released yet, but we can already know that these complex systems and improvements over Warband which drew a lot of customers are never going to get implemented.

We might not be entitled to a lot of things. But we sure are entitled to be upset with TW how they have handled this entire situation.
There are ways to go about dealing with this though - and throwing a tantrum isn't one of them. This thread is literally called - Taleworlds appreciation. If you don't want me derailing negative threads - don't derail positive ones....

Besides that was just a petty joke on my behalf - I understand that people have paid good money for a full product and TW need to deliver that. I have seen too many failed EA's to be totally ignorant.

If you don't like the word entitlement fine; it was merely a mockery. But my point stands.

P.S I will go on to say that I don't even disagree with your assessment on a point by point basis - only in the conclusion you draw.

Last edited:

Now this is the kind of wholesomeness I like.

It's strange, but whenever I go to the bakery and buy some bread I say thank you. Of course I expected that I would get some bread but I still appreciate that other people are doing their job...
I do that too whenever I go shopping, but this is mostly due to habits thanks to my upbringing. I don't really appreciate when people are just doing their job. More than two centuries ago, Adam Smith already marked that bakery makes us bread not for good deeds but for our money. The same goes for game studios. So I will just continue to be a good consumer and play my right part in a market economy.

Back
Top Bottom