Taleworlds™ starts making another game/dlc before Bannerlord is finished. "Unannounced Project™"

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Screenshot-2020-12-01-234530.png

source

Edit:

in this Interview @armagan says about future dlcs

"Things that we are working on at the moment are not going to be offered as DLCs, they are just going to be inside of the game."

so that Unannounced Project should be free right? or it is a lie? if it is a lie, does armagans statement about planned future Monetization in multiplayer is also a lie?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a clarification on this issue. Micro-transactions are not something we are actively working on at the moment. However, cosmetic only micro-transactions are a great way to fund active multiplayer updates and if we decide to add purchasable or grindable skins at some point, we'll definitely make them strictly cosmetic-only.

Also, the idea that class selection was added to facilitate micro-transactions makes absolutely no sense. Warband's multiplayer equipment system was more or less inspired by Counter Strike, and Valve doesn't seem to have any problems using Micro-transactions with their game. We could have used an equipment selection system for multiplayer and devise a monetization system for it quite easily. Frankly, micro-transactions is the last thing in our mind, since we still have the huge task of creating a successful and fun multiplayer game experience.

source

and later in the video armagan says;

"after the release we will probably work on extra things: for example ships, naval warfare etc."

but we saw in the bannerlord beta the naval warfare and ships were implemented and we have a video proof about it.(from March 27, 2020 even before the EA launch ) And this is not a mod it is official work. so planned naval warfare dlc should be free right? if armagan is not lying,

"Things that we are working on at the moment are not going to be offered as DLCs, they are just going to be inside of the game."

later in the interview the guy asks armagan: (2:36 from the interview)

"so i assume this future content will be released in form of updates(after the early access is finished) and not DLCs, right?"

"things that we are currently working on not going to be DLCs."

lastly
armagan says

"we are mostly concentrating on getting the game ready for early access and not thinking about DLCs."

are they? if not, why armagan lied about the bannerlord in that interview and what is that Unannounced Project really? If Taleworlds have time and people to work for another Project why we are seeing statements of multiplayer game developers that saying we are small team etc.

@Callum @armagan

Last edited:
Interesting that they are still hiring programmers for Bannerlord, all those interns must have moved on. What they really need is a project manager to get the project into shape, not necessarily more programmers wasting time through lack of organization and planning.
About the unknown project it says in the job details "comfortable working on an existing code base", so it is really a DLC with some new gameplay absent in Bannerlord, like naval combat.

As infuriating as it probably feels seeing stuff like this, hiring early for auxiliary projects is fairly normal. There are only so many people you can cram onto a single project before it starts to slow down and people just sit around idle waiting for other stuff to finish. If I had to guess I would say they are planning a new internal team more or less separate from the main one which can work in parallel. Whether this works is another story.

Also let me just say I hate hate hate applying for jobs on the website of the employer. Please just let me use Indeed or even just email or something.

in this Interview @armagan says about future dlcs

so that Unannounced Project should be free right? or it is a lie? if it is a lie, does armagans statement about planned future Monetization in multiplayer is also a lie?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a clarification on this issue. Micro-transactions are not something we are actively working on at the moment. However, cosmetic only micro-transactions are a great way to fund active multiplayer updates and if we decide to add purchasable or grindable skins at some point, we'll definitely make them strictly cosmetic-only.

Also, the idea that class selection was added to facilitate micro-transactions makes absolutely no sense. Warband's multiplayer equipment system was more or less inspired by Counter Strike, and Valve doesn't seem to have any problems using Micro-transactions with their game. We could have used an equipment selection system for multiplayer and devise a monetization system for it quite easily. Frankly, micro-transactions is the last thing in our mind, since we still have the huge task of creating a successful and fun multiplayer game experience.

source

and later in the video armagan says;

"after the release we will probably work on extra things: for example ships, naval warfare etc."

but we saw in the bannerlord beta the naval warfare and ships were implemented and we have a video proof about it.(from March 27, 2020 even before the EA launch ) And this is not a mod it is official work. so planned naval warfare dlc should be free right? if armagan is not lying,

later in the interview the guy asks armagan: (2:36 from the interview)

"so i assume this future content will be released in form of updates(after the early access is finished) and not DLCs, right?"

"things that we are currently working on not going to be DLCs."

lastly
armagan says

"we are mostly concentrating on getting the game ready for early access and not thinking about DLCs."

are they? if not, why armagan lied about the bannerlord in that interview and what is that Unannounced Project really? If Taleworlds have time and people to work for another Project why we are seeing statements of multiplayer game developers that saying we are small team etc.

@Callum @armagan

Last edited:
Most likely because it sells better than "we are almost launching our game after 8 years, and then shortly after we start working on more stuff to sell unfinished and buggy".
More serious note, those are the same statements almost every company makes, because it would highly affect sales when you start to work on DLCs even before the base game is finished.

Most likely because it sells better than "we are almost launching our game after 8 years, and then shortly after we start working on more stuff to sell unfinished and buggy".
More serious note, those are the same statements almost every company makes, because it would highly affect sales when you start to work on DLCs even before the base game is finished.

If Armagan knowingly tells a lie about Bannerlord development with the intention of receiving a benefit (dlc/their Monetization plans) then we could easily say that Bannerlord is a fraud.

If Armagan knowingly tells a lie about Bannerlord development with the intention of receiving a benefit (dlc/their Monetization plans) then we could easily say that Bannerlord is a fraud.
Just read through the Steam Bannerlord page and look for "Why Early Access?" half of that text is nothing but a lie.
And that Text did not got changed in 9 months, which makes it even more horrible.
I mean the part where they say whats already in the game is so poorly written its insane.
"You can make your own character" ... I mean ... wow?
"Explore the contint Calradia"
"Build up your own army" etc etc

They list the most basic features a M&B can offer, waging war is listed 3 or 4 times just differently phrased to make the list seem longer than it is.
They might aswell add "Control your character with WASD and Mouse" to that list.

Last edited:

There have been plenty of contradictory statements coming out, its more just a side effect of the poor company structure than anything else. AVRC, one of the main MP guys, said "this is exactly what we are planning" in response to an unambiguous post about microtransactions, before saying "to clarify, this is not what we are doing" literally hours later, presumably after someone at the office told him off.

I don't think they're explicitly lying, I just think there is no clear idea of where the game is headed.

There have been plenty of contradictory statements coming out, its more just a side effect of the poor company structure than anything else. AVRC, one of the main MP guys, said "this is exactly what we are planning" in response to an unambiguous post about microtransactions, before saying "to clarify, this is not what we are doing" literally hours later, presumably after someone at the office told him off.

I don't think they're explicitly lying, I just think there is no clear idea of where the game is headed.
It scares me this is actually the way it's going. I feel like it's a group project first time making an application at their choosing and they just make with what is due to them at the moment

AVRC is just a meme.

image.png

and tomorrow on the beta. (throwing axes for archer units in multiplayer.)

You don't have to purchase any new products from them if you are so unhappy. I completely understand them working on new projects (including DLC) at this stage. Clearly it takes them a long time to develop a product so they are starting early.

AVRC is just a meme.

image.png

and tomorrow on the beta. (throwing axes for archer units in multiplayer.)

Hey hey, don't you hate on them, don't you see they're a little team? That obviously compensates for making terrible decisions such as the one you posted on that video! Besides, the MP devs LOVE to have archers with throwables... They deserve to have fun too you know? It's not like we're payed for their work or anything
You don't have to purchase any new products from them if you are so unhappy. I completely understand them working on new projects (including DLC) at this stage. Clearly it takes them a long time to develop a product so they are starting earl
Yeaah you tell em boy, they are in their right to leave their main unfinished, unbalanced, sometimes even unplayable and full of complaints product aside if they wish too. Hopefully they will finish the new one before starting with another one!!!

Back
Top Bottom