Sword Sisters

Users who are viewing this thread

Pallanza

Sergeant
It just came to me while playing that the Sword Sisters line of mercenaries is no longer in existence in the mod. Is there any plan to bring back female troops in any shape or form for the game, or are we sticking with just the male mercenaries for now?

I could see Sword Sisters, Sabre Sister, and Scimitar Sisters.  And maybe Hammer Hags, Dagger Damsels, Falchion Femmes, Morningstar Maidens, and Polearm Pixies.

UniversalWolf said:
I could see Sword Sisters, Sabre Sister, and Scimitar Sisters.  And maybe Hammer Hags, Dagger Damsels, Falchion Femmes, Morningstar Maidens, and Polearm Pixies.

Haha..love it.

Yea I miss them too. 

UniversalWolf said:
Don't forget the Lancer Ladies.  Hammer Hags sound fairly effective though.

Sword Sisters definitely coming back, and I was also thinking about adding one more female troop.  Any suggestions?  I have gotten a request from a couple female players of the mod to have more female troops in the mod.  Maybe a female Nord "Valkyrie" enhanced version maybe?

EDIT: - Oh yea Huillam wants female warriors as well...lol  :mrgreen:

I can't remember who they were employed by, but I remember that there was a ruler of somewhere that had a unit of female bodyguards. I believe they were either Arabic or Chinese, but I can't find any official mention of them anywhere.

Dawg of War said:
Sword Sisters definitely coming back, and I was also thinking about adding one more female troop.  Any suggestions?
I suggest some sort of Virago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virago

I'm thinking maybe a few types of these special mercenaries could be available via traders over seas as far as the Amazons and Virago.  Placing orders and having special unique mercenaries shipped to the shores of Calradia would be interesting I think, but also having the Valkryie and Sword Sisters already available though.  Like to get Windy's opinion though.

Huillam said:
Hazzardevil said:
I can't remember who they were employed by, but I remember that there was a ruler of somewhere that had a unit of female bodyguards. I believe they were either Arabic or Chinese, but I can't find any official mention of them anywhere.
The Dahomey Amazons maybe?

I suggest Daughters of Semiramis.
They are the sort of thing I was looking for, but not exactly what I was thinking of. I am fairly sure the warriors I thought of wore armour and were before firearms.

I would like to see some sort of banner maiden or whatever one would call it, carrying bastard swords, fairly heavy armor and a heraldic banner on the back to boost morale. Probably veteran level troops.

Perhaps we could have one "female peasant" troop/troop line per kingdom, based off female figures of their respective cultures. For the Swadians, we could go with a lancer cavalry, Joan-of-Arc styled line; maybe the pre-existing Swadian Lancer could be changed for that, with the regular male veteran recruits becoming the heavy cavalry Praven Knights, Dhirim Captains, and Men-at-arms.

The Nords obviously have their Valkyrie troops, leaving the matter of them being either foot-based or one of the few cav units Nords have to the developer, who'd be better at balancing it.

The Rhodoks could have a "Home Guard" unit; given their mountainous terrain makes me think of settler families, and the hardy women of such families who were just as used to swinging an axe or hunting game as keeping the house clean and cooking. So these would be light skirmishers using the hunting/light crossbows and 2h-axes, complementing the heavier regular infantry of their armies, maybe a foot-based version of the unique mounted-crossbowmen on the border of the Rhodok and Sarranid empire.

The Vaegirs could probably end up with something similar to the Rhodoks; a light skirmisher unit, but with a focus on archery over crossbows perhaps. I think there are plenty of people here in this sub-forum that could come up with a better idea then this, though. The entire Vaegir infantry is based around light, hard-hitting infantry anyways, so maybe we could go in the opposite direction and give them an angle of hardy, turtling troops. In essence, the Rhodok women would be Vaegir-ish, and the Vaegir women would be Rhodok-ish, if that makes any sense.

The Khergits already suffer from a lack of diversity, more so then Nords and Rhodoks who have a wider access to different types of troops; crossbowmen, archers, light cavalry, throwing weapon troops, 2-handers, etc. What if we have a hypothetical situation, the Mongolian equivalent of Japanese onnabushi? So Mongolian warrior women who tend to the horses of their husbands to keep them ready for war, and then on the battlefield follow in the steps of their husbands on foot, using either archery or polearms (possibly both?) to act as support infantry and give the Khergits more of a fighting chance in sieges as opposed to their single dedicated infantry unit, the low leveled, poorly armored spearman.

The Sarranids... my immediate thought is of those belly dancers, but armed with swords. Except I'm trying to be as grounded as possible, and women running into battle wearing nothing but silk veils and expecting to put up a good fight against their primary opponents, men armored in chainmail with pikes and crossbows or men riding horses and firing arrows and bearing lances is a really dumb idea. Definitely need more thought on this.

Of course, we could always just have one neutral Sword Sister line; that worked out fine in the base game, and there's no reason it wouldn't work out fine here.

Back
Top Bottom