->Sword of Damocles: Warlords | Download Here!<-

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah, normally mods of this scale take a while to load for the first time.

Update:
I'm about to release a hot fix. I forgot to disable a script that doesn't work. I'll will be posting it very soon.
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2605

Computica, I'm going to be slow on my testing for this one.  My trackball arm is wonky from testing the early b4 to verify the faction closure error.  I don't expect to get to the juicy campaign stuff for a while.  Please remember that you've got 8 more 3.9's to go before you must release a 4.0.  Save compatible is your tester's best friend, so you should at least make kissy noises near it's face.

Inserting now.

Daedelus_McGee said:
Computica, I'm going to be slow on my testing for this one.  My trackball arm is wonky from testing the early b4 to verify the faction closure error.  I don't expect to get to the juicy campaign stuff for a while.  Please remember that you've got 8 more 3.9's to go before you must release a 4.0.  Save compatible is your tester's best friend, so you should at least make kissy noises near it's face.

Inserting now.
Gotcha, The main thing that is next is the new management system which I need in order to set up using towns folk as troops, and to make way for mercenary contractors. There's no telling how the new management system will evolve overtime, but the possibilities are endless. Then I'll need formations, the formation system is a bit custom, but it is based on PBOD & Form Ranks. While running a few test in Form Ranks I ran/stumbled into an Incredible Idea (which I'm not revealing yet). After that I want to add some add the migration system, death system, and few more other ideas related to mercs. A ton of more things may come in-between all that. Most of the changes will be save breaking as it will be impossible to adapt these systems into an already existing game. But I'll make sure to wait longer in-between releases to make sure each feature is fully complete.

Computica said:
I suggest you install the game using a Warband 1.143 Full Installer if patching it to 1.143 doesn't work. It should though. Did you make sure that the patch was installed correctly? If So when open up Warband it should say 1.143.

it was but on the report it was saying 1.142 so i dont know either way i got it to work so its fine i was getting a little  :twisted: because this has been happening all day things not working that is
\

alttimer said:
it was but on the report it was saying 1.142 so i dont know either way i got it to work so its fine i was getting a little  :twisted: because this has been happening all day things not working that is.
Hehe, I have many of those days. In most cases it's just best to keep trying and eventually you'll find the problem.

Computica said:
Gotcha, The main thing that is next is the new management system which I need in order to set up using towns folk as troops, and to make way for mercenary contractors. There's no telling how the new management system will evolve overtime, but the possibilities are endless. Then I'll need formations, the formation system is a bit custom, but it is based on PBOD & Form Ranks. While running a few test in Form Ranks I ran/stumbled into an Incredible Idea (which I'm not revealing yet). After that I want to add some add the migration system, death system, and few more other ideas related to mercs. A ton of more things may come in-between all that. Most of the changes will be save breaking as it will be impossible to adapt these systems into an already existing game. But I'll make sure to wait longer in-between releases to make sure each feature is fully complete.
I'd make a tiny island with three towns, three castles, six villages, and three "kingdoms" as a Bloodshed testbed.  Maybe call it "SoD:Bloodshed Capilary!" The thing about testing is to start small when you can.  I'm worried that the "all-singing, all-dancing" complexity of the main mod might detract from the focus on this. Also, it might make a nice sub-mod to kick-start some of the new kids.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any new releases the rest of this month. Every time I play the mod I can't help but think about what I can add or change. The mod is fun but that type of thinking gets tiresome. Plus I still got some RL stuff to do. Before I get on to something else I might make a trailer or most likely a game-play video.

Conflict22 said:
I was running the starter for this and it said that i needed version 1.143 when i already have it.  Any thoughts?
If you have 1.143 installed and the installers says otherwise then the mod should still run fine. Just make sure that it is installed into Warbands Module Directory.

Hi not sure if this is a bug but i just started fighting with a 'Heavy Great Axe' or maybe it is a 'Great War Axe' it is a two handed strength 12 axe but anyway when on horse back it only lets me 'poke' with it, I did not even know that axes could poke, but it doesn't let me swing with it......I shall see if it continues in other fights if it doesn't I shall post that it fixed itself. It's just annoying as I really like riding round swinging an axe at pesky little soldiers.....

LibSpit said:
Hi not sure if this is a bug but i just started fighting with a 'Heavy Great Axe' or maybe it is a 'Great War Axe' it is a two handed strength 12 axe but anyway when on horse back it only lets me 'poke' with it, I did not even know that axes could poke, but it doesn't let me swing with it......I shall see if it continues in other fights if it doesn't I shall post that it fixed itself. It's just annoying as I really like riding round swinging an axe at pesky little soldiers.....
Yeah that's a bug or oddity more or less. I will have to completely rebalance just about every item in the game.

grrrrrrr........

I guess I shall have to go back to the shop and find me a new choppy chop weapon!

EDIT

I think i figured out the problem, in the weapons description it is both two handed and a polearm, so i think on horse back it is acting like a polearm instead of a two handed weapon.. anyway to switch between the modes??

i think i found an error im not sure but the veteran rhodok spear men have shields but no weapon that will allow then to use it

LibSpit said:
There are certain geometries of attack that some weapons are good at utilizing and others are not.  Now a giant war axe, with a massive weight at the end of a long lever arm, should be a pig to use in a swing while on horseback, even with stirrups and a high cantle.  Imagine strapping a watermelon to the end of a broomstick and then trying to hit people with it while riding a motorcycle.  You might be able to do that for a while, but eventually someone is going to come up and kick your motorcycle over while you're looking the other way.

Oh, and the motorcycle has a brain and doesn't like idiots swinging watermelon-brooms while they are riding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MUPxYXIH8

Given my druthers, I'd like for cavalry sabers to be able to skewer like (slow) foils.

found an error when recruiting soldiers from lords u can buy the lords themselves make it interesting but i think that was not Ur intention

My game won't load past the 'launching game screen'. I'm able to do the tutorial, custom battles and multiplayer, but whenever I attempt to start a single player game, it freezes and becomes unresponsive. Help?

alttimer said:
found an error when recruiting soldiers from lords u can buy the lords themselves make it interesting but i think that was not Ur intention
Yeah, I noticed.

Ki ool said:
My game won't load past the 'launching game screen'. I'm able to do the tutorial, custom battles and multiplayer, but whenever I attempt to start a single player game, it freezes and becomes unresponsive. Help?
You have to wait for it to load. Just be patient.

Back
Top Bottom